• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thanks, it was me...so I guess my request is going to be a dedicated studio. Sigh, dumpster view, here we come. Already had it, but at least from the fourth floor...but we truly need that extra closet.

Thanks everyone. We've had a dedicated studio the three times we stayed at WLV, but there was just the two of us, this time five of us...I'm cheap, not getting a one bedroom at our OKW ...:rolleyes1

TGIF Groupies!:wave2:

Julie loved your photos!!!!:thumbsup2

Pirate Granny we were in a dedicated studio dumpster view room in December. Not a fan! The extra closet was nice though, lol. Maybe they should add that to the points chart--DSDV!!! :rolleyes1

TGIF Groupies!:wave2:

Julie loved your photos!!!!:thumbsup2

Pirate Granny we were in a dedicated studio dumpster view room in December. Not a fan! The extra closet was nice though, lol. Maybe they should add that to the points chart--DSDV!!! :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

I'll second Corrine's TGIF!

I booked our Christmas trip yesterday. :yay: I did end up grabbing the studio for our first night. The CM I spoke to (awesome CM BTW) convinced me not to wait. She said there are only 65 studios & don't wait. I guess I probably should have known this but we don't book this category. Now I see why the studios sell out so quickly. I still need to add the 30th today but I'm not too worried.

Sly if you could kindly add me to the vacation list! 12/21-30 (may adjust to 29) at VWL! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Di - how many more sleeps? 4 more for me! :woohoo:

Have a great weekend groupie friends!

Pirate Granny we were in a dedicated studio dumpster view room in December. Not a fan! The extra closet was nice though, lol. Maybe they should add that to the points chart--DSDV!!! :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

We have had these 4th fl dedicated studios on our last two stays (one in each room). Always wondered if the rooms across the hall are also dedicated studios. Have to say, altho I don't like the dumpster view or the long walk to the ice machine and elevator they are quieter since they don't have the adjoining door with a 1 bedroom. All and all we kind of like them if the road outside is quiet.

We have had these 4th fl dedicated studios on our last two stays (one in each room). Always wondered if the rooms across the hall are also dedicated studios. Have to say, altho I don't like the dumpster view or the long walk to the ice machine and elevator they are quieter since they don't have the adjoining door with a 1 bedroom. All and all we kind of like them if the road outside is quiet.

You know, DreamLinda that really is a great point!

6 more sleeps :cool1::cool1:
Well, really 5 1/2. Our flight leaves at 6:20 AM, but we'll be in Orlando by 9:00. :) Up at 3, shower and out of the house by 4, a quick trip to Dunkin and to the airport by 5. Our Fastpasses for the Studios begin at 12:30 and our Fantasmic dinner pkg is at 4:30. If we aren't completely worn out, TOWL will round out our first day.

Enjoy your week-end!

Does this image help? Is it accurate/up-to-date? WDWKook just update the WL FAQ on the Resort board and I noticed it at the beginning.

Villas.jpg

Does this image help? Is it accurate/up-to-date? WDWKook just update the WL FAQ on the Resort board and I noticed it at the beginning.

Villas.jpg

I look at this layout, and it kind of makes me chuckle as I hear about the "long halls" at VWL. Look at how few the villas are between the last villas on the end and the elevators! That would be considered a "near the elevator" request at BWV! :rotfl:

Well, really 5 1/2. Our flight leaves at 6:20 AM, but we'll be in Orlando by 9:00. :) Up at 3, shower and out of the house by 4, a quick trip to Dunkin and to the airport by 5. Our Fastpasses for the Studios begin at 12:30 and our Fantasmic dinner pkg is at 4:30. If we aren't completely worn out, TOWL will round out our first day.

Enjoy your week-end!

Di...I hope you have a great trip! Funny to think that you wake up at home and by noon you are in DHS. :)

:drinking1:drinking1
I look at this layout, and it kind of makes me chuckle as I hear about the "long halls" at VWL. Look at how few the villas are between the last villas on the end and the elevators! That would be considered a "near the elevator" request at BWV! :rotfl:

So True!! But after a day in the parks and getting back to the studio and wanting ice which isn't possible in the small frig so grabbing the bucket and heading back down the hall for a round trip it just seems long. If I think ahead I try to have a large zip lock bag with me so I can fill it before heading "home". How is that for lazy.....:laughing:

How true Granny!

A favorite BWV hall picture:

p903930619-4.jpg

DH is the black speck way at the end with his arms waving in the air. And this is the beginning of the second hall on the way to the room. And there was still a turn to make and another section of rooms to walk past. :rotfl2:

Hi VWL people! We are DVC owners at AKV (5 years in Feb!), but about to have our first stay at VWL in April. It's been a while since I've been on the boards, but this topic has been very helpful in my preparation.

We're going to request a dedicated first floor studio, one of the two on the short end of the hallway that aren't near the elevator or ice machine. I know that's a dice roll and sure we'll be happy almost anywhere we are put.

I have a few random questions I haven't been able to figure out:

1. Does the VWL have an activities calendar? I haven't found one online, but AKV always handed us one with all the hotel event when we checked in. Would love to see an example. We also got one, I think, when we stayed at OKW, where we loved the community room activities with DS (now 12).

2. Do studio refrigerators have small freezers? We usually like to make ice from bottled water as I am sensitive to the local water.

Thanks all, and thanks for all the great info on this thread.

mmtravel

Enjoy your week-end!

:cool1: Safe travels! I'll call you on Sat!

As of today it should have been 2 more sleeps for me but now it's just 1 more sleep. Last night I quickly had to reschedule all my plans because we're getting a blizzard late tomorrow through Tue! :faint: The timing on that could not have been worse. Thank god for SW & their no change fees. Last night I had pretty much my pick of flights so I grabbed a 5:15 direct. This morning I looked again & every early flight is now sold out. The 3:45 connecting through BWI flight is the only one available before mine. Gets in at the same exact time as the nonstop so no point doing that. I'm praying the 5:15 gets out ahead of the storm. So I'm at Pop tomorrow night, then switch to BCV for 1 night, then CSR for 2 nights, then 2 nights at the Swan. Geesh. :faint:

How true Granny!

A favorite BWV hall picture:

p903930619-4.jpg

DH is the black speck way at the end with his arms waving in the air. And this is the beginning of the second hall on the way to the room. And there was still a turn to make and another section of rooms to walk past. :rotfl2:

This looks like the Overlook hotel from The Shining! :rotfl: It's a really close tie between AKV Kidani & BWV for the longest hallways award. VWL is nothing.

Hi VWL people! We are DVC owners at AKV (5 years in Feb!), but about to have our first stay at VWL in April. It's been a while since I've been on the boards, but this topic has been very helpful in my preparation.

We're going to request a dedicated first floor studio, one of the two on the short end of the hallway that aren't near the elevator or ice machine. I know that's a dice roll and sure we'll be happy almost anywhere we are put.

I have a few random questions I haven't been able to figure out:

1. Does the VWL have an activities calendar? I haven't found one online, but AKV always handed us one with all the hotel event when we checked in. Would love to see an example. We also got one, I think, when we stayed at OKW, where we loved the community room activities with DS (now 12).

2. Do studio refrigerators have small freezers? We usually like to make ice from bottled water as I am sensitive to the local water.

Thanks all, and thanks for all the great info on this thread.

mmtravel

Yes, there is an activity schedule. Not sure I've ever seen one online but check the WL info thread in the resorts section. The schedule would be the same. It's always in our welcome packet.

The studios do have a very small, flat freezer. Not sure if I've every noticed ice cubes trays though.

Have a good trip!

Happy Birthday Twokats and Claire_ont!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!! :bday: :bday: :bday:

I booked our Christmas trip yesterday. :yay: I did end up grabbing the studio for our first night. The CM I spoke to (awesome CM BTW) convinced me not to wait. She said there are only 65 studios & don't wait. I guess I probably should have known this but we don't book this category. Now I see why the studios sell out so quickly. I still need to add the 30th today but I'm not too worried.

Sly if you could kindly add me to the vacation list! 12/21-30 (may adjust to 29) at VWL! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Done and done! :thumbsup2

I second JT's sentiments: Happy Birthday Twokats and Claire_ont!!!!

Have a great trip, mmtravel, and welcome!!

Careful...we were third floor dedicated at the end of the "long" hall, and our studio frig had NO freezer section. I think the are replacing old frigs with the newer no freezer section. We had to make the long treck to the ice machine every night. I started bringing a plastic bag with us to the parks so we could go to the ice machine on our way back to the room rather than back and forth. Have a wonderful visit. You do know those two dedicated on the short side hall are right by the outside side door, that we always use rather than the actual front door!

Oh yeah, the dedicated not facing the dumpster view also have the extra closet. And are quiet, especially fourth floor no one above you and no one on one side...I guess when you evaluate, I'll take the longer walk...

mm travel, we are currently in a lock-off, first floor studio at VWL, so I can answer your questions. I did receive a recreation calendar with our check-in packet. But, our refrigerator does not have the small freezer compartment that the previous refrigerators had. i don't know if the dedicated studios have different refrigerators, but I would guess they do not.

Pirate Granny, yes, we are in a lock-off. I prefer dedicated, but it is just the two of us, so the extra closet isn't necessary. And I answered before reading your reply about the refrigerator, so oops to me, too.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter