• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thanks for the well wishes Joy, Sly & Jimmy!. Jimmy is your DD going to have numerous showers?! Lucky girl!:goodvibes

She is having one more in 2 weeks. We will be thinking about you folks on Fri., groupie spirit will be by your side:goodvibes

Some happy thoughts before work.

1) Each area in Animal kingdom must have it's own distinct set of costumes. Disney produces more than 61,000 costume items in order to dress everyone there.

2) Even though the current President visited WDW in 2008, no living president has ever seen himself in the Hall of Presidents.

3) Where in the world would you hear ""Beyond the Mississippi, passengers enjoy the wild west with the freedom and adventure of the open road." ?

4) Where in the world would you hear "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, presenting in the center ring…the Great Rinaldi!"?

Have a great day gang.

Some happy thoughts before work.

1) Each area in Animal kingdom must have it's own distinct set of costumes. Disney produces more than 61,000 costume items in order to dress everyone there.

2) Even though the current President visited WDW in 2008, no living president has ever seen himself in the Hall of Presidents.

3) Where in the world would you hear ""Beyond the Mississippi, passengers enjoy the wild west with the freedom and adventure of the open road." ?

4) Where in the world would you hear "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, presenting in the center ring…the Great Rinaldi!"?

Have a great day gang.
I will take a stab at 3 and 4
3. This is an educated guess, The Riverboat at Liberty Square
4. Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey

Hey Groupies!! Long time, no "see"! :wave:

I took a bit of a hiatus from the Dis, because we were working on our debt and it was depressing to talk about Disney knowing we didn't have a trip planned. (Sorry, I'm a bad friend... and I am selfish :badpc: :laughing: )

But we paid off our 4th debt in our debt snowball TODAY, and we plan on paying off our 5th (out of only 6) in the beginning of September, so we planned a little WDW getaway to celebrate! Knowing I have a trip planned has made going to my 2nd job tolerable, and it has lifted my spirits tremendously. :goodvibes

We are staying at OKW for the first time and will be there from Aug 31 - Sept 7. We had the PAP's, got a great deal on airfare, it was low points and all we need to pay for is food. :banana:

Has anyone gotten a taxi and gone to the grocery store from OKW? I know there are some that are really close to DTD, and I am trying to price it out to see if it would be more beneficial to do a taxi, rent a car for the day or just do a grocery delivery even though I know how inflated their prices are.

Any suggestions on eating for cheap??
Good for you Rusafee! I wish you all the best in eliminating your debt! It can be quite a feat.

As for grocery shopping, your best bet would be renting a car and hitting a local super walmart or target. You can rent a car for one day and actually I believe Alamo will pick you up and drop you off. They did a friend of mine a year ago. Grocery delivery would probably be the cheapest option though considering the price of a taxi or rental on top.

Hello Groupies :wave2:

I've been gone for a long long time....I'm a very bad groupie :(

Still I'm so glad that all of you good groupies are still here :lovestruc
with some new ones as well

This spring has been busy with our youngest DD's wedding followed by
DH needing some surgery and 8 weeks of rehab
nothing life threatening Praise God...Still no excuses for me so sorry :guilty:

Stay Well and Take Care Groupies :flower3:
Hi Joy! Welcome back! I have also had a hectic Spring with my daughter's wedding too. We all understand how hectic life can get!!! Hope it was a beautiful celebration which I'm sure it was!

Corinne.....whooo hooo! Coming up fast! Wishing all of you bundles of happiness!

Quick question: the boat that goes to CR, GF and Poly??? from WL...what time will it stop running? In November. TIA!!!

Quick question: the boat that goes to CR, GF and Poly??? from WL...what time will it stop running? In November. TIA!!!

The little boat you speak of, there are 2 going in opposite directions, Goes WL to CR to FW... or the other way around.

To get to the Poly or GF by boat you'll need to transfer at the MK, I find it easiest just to take the boat to CR, then the monorail around to the Poly or GF.

The MK boats stop running very late... usually one hour after the park closes or later, best to ask the skippers. The little resort boats have a different schedule, but still operate late.

I was there at that time he stopped by in 2008 and I can tell you there's a reason that no living president has seen himself in the Hall of Presidents! :scared: What a mess with all the security. I had a front seat view from my CR MK view room of the whole deal. Then I went to DHS since Disney added a fireworks show there that night to placate the unhappy guests who had to detour from MK. Overall very cool because that was the first time I saw the fireworks at DHS and they are awesome! :goodvibes

On the Liberty Belle River Boat?

The Muppet Vision 3-D?

Have a great day gang.

I'm not certain but 11PM is sticking in my mind. I'm sure someone who knows definitely will respond and verify or correct. :goodvibes

Edit - I doubled checked on the resort board and it says the operating hours are 6:45am to 11:30 pm.

Here's a picture of the sign:

IMG_0090-1.jpg

As to the question of the little Lodge boat----I believe it is 11:30 pm. If the park is open late I believe you have to take the bus back to your room.

Hi Groupies! I've missed a few days.....

So nice to see Joy back on our thread! You've had a busy Spring. Hope all is well with your DH.

Lots of weddings lately: your (Joy's) daughter, Maria's daughter, Corrines son in 2 days :cool1: and JT's daughter in another few short weeks. Wow! Wishing all of our sons and daughters a lifetime of happiness as they enter this new chapter in their lives. So exciting.

Heather, keep up the good work! This is no small task. You've done a remarkable job thus far. When it gets tough, come to us for support. We've got your back. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Wishing deebits a very Happy Birthday!

Thanks Jimmy ,Corrine,Maria , and Di. It's I'm glad to be back.
And happy to know once a Groupie always a Groupie.

I'm up here in the White Mountains of NH.
So beautiful. Watching the clouds rolling by
And lots of Moose Crossing sighs.

Marie I did look back at your wedding posts.
So beautiful.

Take care groupies

PS
Belated thanks for all the birthday greetings
Luv u guys

Hi groupies! :wave2: I know I've been MIA. I'm sorry. :( Last month was just a really bad month. Had some family stuff going on then got busy with work which is not a bad thing. Things are finally starting to settle down so I wanted to pop in & see how you all are doing.

Sly & Luv so sorry I missed it but happy belated anniversary! :lovestruc Sounds like you went on a trip. I hope you had a great time.

Heather - we always have a car but at Christmas we usually use We Go Shop for grocery delivery. They do charge a service fee but they'll shop anywhere you ask them to so you could ask them to go some place like Super Walmart if you think that might be your least expensive food option. There's no inflated grocery prices because you give them the list & they buy exactly what you ask & provide you with the receipt. We've always been happy with the service. We may do our own shopping this year since we're arriving on a Sat. & don't plan to hit any parks that day. Good luck & have a great trip!

Hi Corinne :wave2:

Prayers and Pixie Dust for the Wedding pixiedust:
and Congrats to the Happy Couple

What Joy said! I hope your DD has a beautiful day Corinne! :lovestruc

JT - I've been seeing DD's shower posts & wedding excitement posts on FB. I'm so happy for her. Her posts just exude love & excitement. :goodvibes Lots of good things coming up for your family this fall.

I hope I didn't miss anything else big & that you're all doing well.

I need to check the vacation list. Anyone else down headed down around Columbus Day weekend? I'll be at SSR 10/8-14. Not "officially" a Disney trip. I'm headed down for an off site conference but I'm staying on points to keep out of pocket costs down. I'll have some free time on my first & last day to check out F&W if anyone else will be around.

We're headed out on a cruise next month on the NCL Breakaway to Bermuda. It will be my first time sailing on Norwegian. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I hope I'm not comparing them to DCL the entire time. Who am I kidding of course I'll be comparing them to DCL the entire time! :rotfl: I compare every cruise line to DCL. I just can't help it. They set the bar high.

That's about it. I'll do my best to check in more frequently.

Take care groupies! :wave2:

Yet another prodigal Groupie checking in. :flower3:

No excuses, just a little busy with life and some running around. Looks like I missed some birthdays, anniversaries and other good news. To all I give my best wishes, and for those Groupies who are struggling, I continue to send up my prayers for you.

I look at page 1 of this thread and I don't see any 2015 trips planned. How can that be in the middle of July? It only comes to mind for me since we just booked a trip in late April so we could use our APs that expire in May. No one else has booked a trip for next year??

And lastly, Eliza I don't recognize either of those quotes. They must be from some attractions we don't hit very often (like the Liberty Belle). :confused3

I look at page 1 of this thread and I don't see any 2015 trips planned. How can that be in the middle of July? It only comes to mind for me since we just booked a trip in late April so we could use our APs that expire in May. No one else has booked a trip for next year??
Good point. So, while the topic is at hand, if anyone does have any plans for 2015, just PM me and I'll add it to the list. :thumbsup2

Yet another prodigal Groupie checking in. :flower3:

No excuses, just a little busy with life and some running around. Looks like I missed some birthdays, anniversaries and other good news. To all I give my best wishes, and for those Groupies who are struggling, I continue to send up my prayers for you.

And lastly, Eliza I don't recognize either of those quotes. They must be from some attractions we don't hit very often (like the Liberty Belle). :confused3

Hi Granny! Actually I just booked a trip for May 2 days ago.

Good point. So, while the topic is at hand, if anyone does have any plans for 2015, just PM me and I'll add it to the list. :thumbsup2

I'm sending you a PM!

As of right now, we are NOT planning a trip to WDW in 2015!! *gasp* I'm not sure that will hold true, but our APs expire this Dec, so we are doing DCL out of San Diego next fall instead (no flights to purchase!)

But who am I kidding...I will be on the website once any good packages come out for the spring. HAHA.

Happy Sunday Groupies! I haven't been around much, the wedding is Friday! We are all so excited. :goodvibes Hope you are all well!

Pixie dust for the wedding tomorrow! I'm sure it will be beautiful! :cloud9:

Good for you Rusafee! I wish you all the best in eliminating your debt! It can be quite a feat.

As for grocery shopping, your best bet would be renting a car and hitting a local super walmart or target. You can rent a car for one day and actually I believe Alamo will pick you up and drop you off. They did a friend of mine a year ago. Grocery delivery would probably be the cheapest option though considering the price of a taxi or rental on top.

Wow! I didn't realize Alamo would pick us up! That would be amazing! I am definitely going to look into that! My DH wants to rent the car, so it will make getting over to Sanaa a little easier. He figures if we are going to spend $40 or $50 on cab fare back and forth, we may as well get the car and make life easier on ourselves for our ADR :goodvibes

Hi Groupies! I've missed a few days.....

So nice to see Joy back on our thread! You've had a busy Spring. Hope all is well with your DH.

Lots of weddings lately: your (Joy's) daughter, Maria's daughter, Corrines son in 2 days :cool1: and JT's daughter in another few short weeks. Wow! Wishing all of our sons and daughters a lifetime of happiness as they enter this new chapter in their lives. So exciting.

Heather, keep up the good work! This is no small task. You've done a remarkable job thus far. When it gets tough, come to us for support. We've got your back. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Wishing deebits a very Happy Birthday!

Thanks Di! I will :hug: I actually am at the point where I think I am going to put my notice in at my second job. It's a little awkward, because my aunt got the job for me... but I just can't work 80 hours for too much longer. I am just trying to think of a way to approach her without causing a lot of animosity. I have never left a job so soon in my life. It's only been 3 months, but it's just been so hard.

I'll be sending you a message Sly! I forgot to remove my Dec trip, and add my new trip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter