VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Do they ever sell out though? That is what I would be worried about.

Yes they do. Our experience is that most sell out just the day of or at most a day or two prior so it's fine waiting for the weather forcast. But some sell out earlier. My discomfort about the rain was enough that I was willing to risk sell outs vs going in the rain.

This year though our group wanted to go so we'll be there no matter what. As it's a busy week I was guessing it might be a date to sell out sooner than others so we got tickets.

DW & I are spending a week in the birthplace of our nation's liberty this week, so I've been pretty spotty here for a few days. I'm just popping in at this point to remind the tag fairy that we really don't need a BRV Groupies logo. What the heck would that look like anyway? Is the new mascot going to be a mountain goat?

b7d.jpg

Julie...I wanted you to know that no horses were injured in the making of this award. :)

:rolleyes1

DW & I are spending a week in the birthplace of our nation's liberty this week, so I've been pretty spotty here for a few days. I'm just popping in at this point to remind the tag fairy that we really don't need a BRV Groupies logo. What the heck would that look like anyway? Is the new mascot going to be a mountain goat?
Julie...I wanted you to know that no horses were injured in the making of this award. :)

:rotfl:

if our logo becomes a mountain goat, I am selling my points and my Groupies membership ;)

Thanks Granny!

Just say no to goats!!! ::yes:: :rotfl:

I don't know if the new logo for Boulder Ridge Villas will be a mountain goat. However, we were in the Mercantile store at Wilderness Lodge and I might have come across the new logo on a coffee cup:

DSC_6186_zpsqedqbylv.jpg

OK, I said that in jest. Just joking!

We spent several hours walking around Wilderness and talking to several cast members. Wilderness Lodge is still a very beautiful resort even with all the construction going on.

I don't know if the new logo for Boulder Ridge Villas will be a mountain goat. However, we were in the Mercantile store at Wilderness Lodge and I might have come across the new logo on a coffee cup:

DSC_6186_zpsqedqbylv.jpg

We spent several hours walking around Wilderness and talking to several cast members. Wilderness Lodge is still a very beautiful resort even with all the construction going on.

Yep, that's us all right! :)

I stole your picture for my avatar. If you don't care for that, please let me know and I'll delete it ASAP.

I hope a new BRV Groupies bunch isn't formed. I'd take a mad bear over a butting goat any day! :thumbsup2

And if Copper Creek Villas have what, a fish?, as a mascot...well we all know what bears do with them. :earseek:

Last edited:
I stole your picture for my avatar. If you don't care for that, please let me know and I'll delete it ASAP.

I hope a new BRV Groupies bunch isn't formed. I'd take a mad bear over a butting goat any day! :thumbsup2

And if Copper Creek Villas have what, a fish?, as a mascot...well we all know what bears do with them. :earseek:
No problem with you using Grrrumpy the Bear as your avatar.

We own at BLT and we are stuck with a pig as our resort's icon. So on a scale of 1 to 10, a fish can't be that bad of an icon.

Last edited:
We finished the purchase of our DVC contract with VWL as our home resort and were finally able to get into the site and book something last night. Scheduled our first stay as DVC owners at VWL for this coming summer. Looking forward to it although, to be honest, we'll likely end up splitting the stay between VWL and Poly if it is available. We love the Wilderness Lodge but mixing it up a little bit will be fun.

DSC_6186_zpsqedqbylv.jpg

I soo need this

Just had to ask . . . .do any of you unpack and use the drawers, closet, etc. in your villas?

I have travelled and lived out of a suitcase so much of my professional career that when I am on vacation I have a need to empty the suitcase, settle in, and "live" it, not "visit" my vacation. dbavis brought it to mind, with the comment about splitting the stay into two resorts. DiznyDi & I used to do that often, splitting our 10 or 12 day trip into what we felt were two separate adventures. But what I found out was I never emptied the ol' suitcase, since I was moving or leaving in a few days. We haven't done a split stay in a while now, so I get to empty it all out, store the suitcase in the closet, spread the Owner's Lockers all over the place, and "live" at The Lodge for a little while. No more business trips while on vacation! Getting old can be comfortable. (By the way, "Living" at The Lodge and enjoying vacation does not mean I use the kitchen; it is only there so I don't have to run for ice in my pajamas. :thumbsup2

DSC_6186_zpsqedqbylv.jpg

Very appropriate for our group, not in a bad way though

Just had to ask . . . .do any of you unpack and use the drawers, closet, etc. in your villas?

I have travelled and lived out of a suitcase so much of my professional career that when I am on vacation I have a need to empty the suitcase, settle in, and "live" it, not "visit" my vacation. dbavis brought it to mind, with the comment about splitting the stay into two resorts. DiznyDi & I used to do that often, splitting our 10 or 12 day trip into what we felt were two separate adventures. But what I found out was I never emptied the ol' suitcase, since I was moving or leaving in a few days. We haven't done a split stay in a while now, so I get to empty it all out, store the suitcase in the closet, spread the Owner's Lockers all over the place, and "live" at The Lodge for a little while. No more business trips while on vacation! Getting old can be comfortable. (By the way, "Living" at The Lodge and enjoying vacation does not mean I use the kitchen; it is only there so I don't have to run for ice in my pajamas. :thumbsup2
We unpack too and place things in drawers. Definitely makes us feel "home"

I do to an extent. I use packing cubes for all my trips. Best things ever! I pull out the cubes from the suitcase & pop them in the drawer. Done unpacking! :laughing: I use a packing folder for shirts & I do hang all the shirts in the closest. If you have no idea what I'm talking about do yourself a favor & check out packing cubes! I've yet to introduce someone to them that didn't thank me later. :goodvibes

Cubes:
https://www.amazon.com/eBags-Packing-Cubes-Artist-Watercolor/dp/B01JPEO8HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477658137&sr=8-1&keywords=packing+cubes&refinements=p_89%3AeBags

Folder:
https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-...ds=packing+cubes&refinements=p_89:Eagle+Creek

We typically unpack completely. We did a split stay last year and ended up not fully unpacking at the first location but did at the second. The first stat was only a couple of days which made it pretty easy to just live out of the suitcase. If it would have been longer, I suspect we would have fully unpacked there as well.

DDad...thanks for a topic that keeps us on a more upbeat path! :)

I am definitely an "unpacker". Even for one night trips to places. DW tends to live out of suitcases for any trip less than a week. She can't believe that I want to unpack and repack on shorter trips. Like you, we do unpack completely for our WDW trips and then move on to unpacking our Owners Locker. I think for me it's an organization thing...I just want to be sure I packed what I needed and I know how to find it. DW & I book 1BR villas so plenty of room to spread out.

Can children ride the pool slide with a life jacket? If so, what is the youngest your kids went on? My 3 year old loved the slide at Kidani and I'm wondering if he will be able to go on this one.

Can children ride the pool slide with a life jacket? If so, what is the youngest your kids went on? My 3 year old loved the slide at Kidani and I'm wondering if he will be able to go on this one.
Welcome! And yes, I'm fairly certain they allow life preservers on the slide.

As for unpacking, if it's more than a couple of days, then absolutely. On occasion, we'll only be in a room for a day or two (pre or post cruise, split stay), and I don't unpack. Otherwise, I do like to put things in drawers. Feels more "permanent," and it's certainly more organized than pulling stuff out of suitcases.

dbavis: Congrats on owning at VWL, and kudos for still calling it VWL! ;) As you likely know, we keep a running log of Groupies and their vacations on Page 1. If you're so inclined, feel free to drop me a PM, and I can add you. If you'd rather not, that's fine, as well, but I didn't want to miss telling you in case you did. pirate:

We finished the purchase of our DVC contract with VWL as our home resort and were finally able to get into the site and book something last night. Scheduled our first stay as DVC owners at VWL for this coming summer. Looking forward to it although, to be honest, we'll likely end up splitting the stay between VWL and Poly if it is available. We love the Wilderness Lodge but mixing it up a little bit will be fun.
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!!

Welcome! How exciting for you. We are new owners as well but our first trip isn't going to happen until 12/2017!

I used to unpack but it seems more recently I just live out of my suitcase. I think I got used to it after short one or two night stays on different vacations but now that we will be traveling with a child I think settling in will make more sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter