VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

If a) I figure out how to do it, and b) feel like not being lazy, I will share a photo of the new pool building at the Poly. Luv is there now and says that it's a large building and only appears to hold a QS and a bar. Her inference is that though the new beach building at WL looks rather imposing, it could very well (and likely will) only be a QS locale and perhaps a new bar.

popcorn:::surfweb:popcorn:::surfweb:popcorn:::surfweb:popcorn:::surfweb:popcorn::

Lake girl - I'm quite certain I posed the same question here regarding a comparison of CA Grill and Annual Pass :tiptoe: Artist Point (lol) a while back. Our experiences at both were truly exceptional, albeit very different! Coincidentally, we were celebrating our wedding anniversary CG was our 29th and AP our 30th. I would have to say the food at AP was better imho. Sleepy described the differences very well. I don't think you can go wrong with either restaurant.

a>

So that large building houses just a Counter Service? I agree that it does support the concept that the new food building at WL will be CS as well. With all the data at Disney's fingertips about guest eating preferences, they may well have found that people aren't sitting down to reservation type table seating as much as they did in the past? So CS with a wider variety of offerings may be a more profitable way to go for them. Keep in mind that their target audience for all construction at WL is the CCV prospective purchaser. Whatever they do, I think it will be with an eye towards luring those customers to buy points at CCV. Part of any sales pitch for a home or vacation home is the "picture your family here" scenario. The new pool will be quite large and attractive, and the cabins will be impressive. And they can talk about the short walk to the new CS food service with tables overlooking beautiful Bay Lake. That's also why I thought a Community Hall would make sense as it can only help the sales spiel. They have to do something significant to justify the price per point that will surely equal or exceed the PBV point price.

Greg...great stuff even though I don't know how to read those plans very well. If I'm not mistaken, it appears that the three buildings will be the food service, restrooms and TBD (maybe a Community Hall?). That third building looks way too large to just be pool mechanics, doesn't it?

the enlarged view of the restaurant building shows the foot print (highlighted), the rest appears to be porches and patio areas. as you stated granny, one can kick back and watch the lake while seated in open air areas.
i highlighted the the 4" FDC line going to the "Restroom" building, which is the next view. I see more clearly the rectangle shape leading up to that building could easily be the zero entry. The other two side of the pool are clearly steps going into the water. also the hot tub is illustrated there too. The last pic is the "mechanical" building. go back up to first pic. compare the size of the foot print of the mechanical building to the cabins. or the pool, etc. looks quite large to me. i will play around in the software that i opened the PDF file in and see about getting the dimensions of some of the buildings. it will take a little time but i can do it.

what are the areas between the "restroom" building and the "mechanical" building? there are squares inside the outlines of those areas. lounge chairs and table would go there. no?

what are the areas between the "restroom" building and the "mechanical" building? there are squares inside the outlines of those areas. lounge chairs and table would go there. no?
They will be personal cabanas that DVC members can rent for a day or half day. DVC members will get 10% off the price of a rental (except the first year when the discount will be 20%).

Honestly, I have no idea. Imagine that. . .

They will be personal cabanas that DVC members can rent for a day or half day. DVC members will get 10% off the price of a rental (except the first year when the discount will be 20%).

Honestly, I have no idea. Imagine that. . .

My guess too. ::yes::

Cha ching!

My guess too. ::yes::

Cha ching!

My initial guess was that those boxes represent the areas for towel disbursement and return. While they are not permanent structures, they may take up enough room that they wanted to put them in their plans? As I look, I guess there are too many of those boxes to be just the towel area.

Cabanas might be a good guess. Or at least some sort of covered area with tables?

Lake girl - I'm quite certain I posed the same question here regarding a comparison of CA Grill and Annual Pass :tiptoe: Artist Point (lol) a while back. Our experiences at both were truly exceptional, albeit very different! Coincidentally, we were celebrating our wedding anniversary CG was our 29th and AP our 30th. I would have to say the food at AP was better imho. Sleepy described the differences very well. I don't think you can go wrong with either restaurant.
Thanks Corinne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter