VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hello Groupies, I need some help!! It is not really urgent, but it kind of puzzles me and I think you will be able to help. We will have a one bedroom villa at VWL later this year. When I look at the floor plans that I can find online, I am totally confused about where there are doors between the different rooms and I would appreciate, if someone could tell me where to expect doors and where not.

This here is the picture from the DVC website for the floor plan:

wl-1-1-bdrm.jpg

I have identified the following "connections" between different rooms that in my opinion could mean that there is a door:

living room - master bedroom
living room - washer/dryer
living room - shower bathroom
shower bathroom - toilet room
shower bathroom - tub bathroom
master bedroom - tub bathroom

Of course there is then also a window from tub to master bedroom.

Do all these "connections" that I have listed have a door (in the floor plan, it looks they are not any between living room and master bedroom as well as between master bedroom and living room, however, the later one has a very small opening to squeeze through according to the floor plan...

Are there any additional doors I am missing?

Oh - and what is the room behind the sink in the tub bathroom? I just noticed that for the first time! Is this a closet?
As best as I can recall there is a door to enter the suite :duck:, then you have two small louvered doors to a coat closet in the entryway, a small door to the washer/dryer area (size of a small closet), two doors between the living area and the master bedroom, though one of those doors actually opens into the bathroom, and a door that separates the shower area of the master bath from the actual bedroom section. The toilet rests in the shower portion of the bathroom and has its own door, as well. There are the two shutters between the bedroom and the jetted tub, and finally there is what I think is a pocket door to the closet that sits off the main sink/tub part of the bathroom. There is no door between the master bedroom and the tub/sink area outside of the shutters. I could be slightly off on the pocket door, but I'm fairly confident in the other locations. ;)

Also, welcome to our humble home, TCRAIG! We're glad you found us, so pull up a rocker and don't be a stranger. JT has a most excellent commentary about us just a couple of posts above, so feel free to join in. As with all Groupies, new and old, if you have a trip you want us to take note of on Page 1, drop me a PM. Same holds true for birthdays/anniversaries only PM KAT4DISNEY. Again, welcome!

Last edited:
Hello Groupies, I need some help!! It is not really urgent, but it kind of puzzles me and I think you will be able to help. We will have a one bedroom villa at VWL later this year. When I look at the floor plans that I can find online, I am totally confused about where there are doors between the different rooms and I would appreciate, if someone could tell me where to expect doors and where not.

One of the issues is that it depends on whether you get a dedicated 1BR or a lock-off. I believe there at 27 dedicated 1BR and 45 lockoff if my latest data is correct. The room configures a little differently on them to accommodate the lock-off door at the back of the living room (nearest to the sliding doors/balcony).

To answer your direct question...when in a DVC 1BR or 2BR villa, there seem to be doors everywhere! Sleepy gave you great answers to your question which I believe is correct. Basically, there is a door between all rooms except the master bedroom and the sink/tub part of the bathroom. And yes, that is a walk-in closet behind the sink/tub part of the bathroom and it has its own pocket door which remains open the entire time we're there.

Deb Will's site has a good photo gallery of the refurbished 1BR. You'll find it here: http://allears.net/acc/g_wlv.htm

Hi everyone! Today my cabin mate for this year's DVC Member cruise, Patricia, arrived in Cape May from Tulsa. It's great seeing her again. We met last year on the Member Cruise, and our husbands were not interested in going, so we booked a cabin together. Patricia will be at our Groupies meet in December. I reminded her about it today and she said "Great, I'm looking forward to it!" She works on computers and is not as happy to be on a computer for fun.

Meanwhile we are planning for Wednesday's DVC's Member Cruise out of NYC!

That's my news from Cape May NJ!

Hi Groupies!

We're here!! Have a great renovated 2br pool view at the BoardWalk. I really like the updated color scheme. We were resting and gazing out the window and a bald eagle flew by! Amazing!! We're very close to the Swan where he remained perched for a while. I hope I can get a pic of him in flight this week. :)

Epcot was pretty crowded today, which is to be expected on a weekend during F & W.

Hi everyone! Today my cabin mate for this year's DVC Member cruise, Patricia, arrived in Cape May from Tulsa. It's great seeing her again. We met last year on the Member Cruise, and our husbands were not interested in going, so we booked a cabin together. Patricia will be at our Groupies meet in December. I reminded her about it today and she said "Great, I'm looking forward to it!" She works on computers and is not as happy to be on a computer for fun.

Meanwhile we are planning for Wednesday's DVC's Member Cruise out of NYC!

That's my news from Cape May NJ!

Bobbi...thanks for the update. We look forward to meeting you and Patricia and all the other Groupies in December! I hope your cruise is a great one! :)

Hi Groupies!

We're here!! Have a great renovated 2br pool view at the BoardWalk. I really like the updated color scheme. We were resting and gazing out the window and a bald eagle flew by! Amazing!! We're very close to the Swan where he remained perched for a while. I hope I can get a pic of him in flight this week. :)

Epcot was pretty crowded today, which is to be expected on a weekend during F & W.

Corinne...glad you made it and are enjoying your room and view. I've never seen a bald eagle at WDW...lots of hawks and other large birds but not our national symbol! Very cool! Hope you have a magical trip! :)

This here is the picture from the DVC website for the floor plan:

wl-1-1-bdrm.jpg

I have identified the following "connections" between different rooms that in my opinion could mean that there is a door:

living room - master bedroom
living room - washer/dryer
living room - shower bathroom
shower bathroom - toilet room
shower bathroom - tub bathroom
master bedroom - tub bathroom

Of course there is then also a window from tub to master bedroom.

Do all these "connections" that I have listed have a door (in the floor plan, it looks they are not any between living room and master bedroom as well as between master bedroom and living room, however, the later one has a very small opening to squeeze through according to the floor plan...

Are there any additional doors I am missing?

Oh - and what is the room behind the sink in the tub bathroom? I just noticed that for the first time! Is this a closet?

You know Flossy - every time I'm at BWV - which was the start of that maze of doors I just imagine the designer chuckling from wherever they are. I believe they seriously sat down and said - "how can I design a suite that will get the Guinness book of world records for doors". They had to have succeeded. :rolleyes1

As mentioned there is a little difference in dedicated vs lock-off. The layout you show is a dedicated but also isn't showing all doors correctly. There is a door between the living area and the master bedroom. Once you are in that there is no door between the tub/sink area and the bedroom other than the window by the tub. The other room by that sink is indeed the closet and there is usually a door on that if space allows. Then there is a door between the tub/sink room and the shower/sink room. And a door between the shower/sink room to the living area. You covered the washer/dryer door. And the entry closet has sliding doors. The door to the hallway and then a door to the studio if it's a lock-off. And the pocket door to the toilet room.

This old decor photo almost shows 5 of the doors and the tub window: The master/living room door. Just thru that the laundry door. Just to the right of that the living room/shower room door. Thru the "window" you see the door between the tub/shower room and to the right of that you see the closet door.

p238099583-4.jpg

Here you see the laundry door close up. To the right is the door into the shower/sink room and the toilet room is off of that. And if you look to the left and past you see the entry closet doors. Although you can't see it the entry door is to the right of those closet doors. The door frame in the foreground is for the door between the living area and the master bedroom.

p397992280-4.jpg

Toilet room door. There may be a layout where there isn't this room with a door but we've always had this at VWL. At BWV, BCV and SSR (which all have the same basic layout) the toilet has always just been in the room with the sink/shower and not enclosed on it's own.

p67586332-4.jpg

The door into the shower/sink/toilet room to the left and the closet door off of the tub/sink room in the master.

p266165475-4.jpg

And another view:

p380796841-4.jpg

Finally - the lock-off connecting door:

p994713957-4.jpg

A different room - closet door:

p1664071314-4.jpg

And entry:

p1854900256-4.jpg

And another with the new decor:

p374204844-4.jpg

Last one: The handles are the door between the living room and the shower/sink room. Past it to the right is the door from between living area and master. And past the handles to the left is the door between the shower/sink room and the master tub/sink room.

p839478818-4.jpg

I'm weirdly fascinated by the doors and the amount of time it takes to close all of them if you are going into the bathroom. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Hi Groupies!

Very cool Corinne!!! We too had an awesome Bald Eagle viewing at WDW while staying at GF years ago. Our room overlooked the little marina area and we watched a bald eagle dive down and catch and fly away with a fish!

You know Flossy - every time I'm at BWV - which was the start of that maze of doors I just imagine the designer chuckling from wherever they are. I believe they seriously sat down and said - "how can I design a suite that will get the Guinness book of world records for doors". They had to have succeeded. :rolleyes1

I'm weirdly fascinated by the doors and the amount of time it takes to close all of them if you are going into the bathroom. :rotfl2:

OMG Kathy, tooooooo funny, and true!!!!!! :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for the door explanation!! It turns out that the floor plan actually omits some doors (but also makes sure to show the shower stall door). Kat, all those pictures were great!

:rotfl2:

They could have added an additional door between the master bedroom and the tub bathroom...

Actually, I am kind of missing that door a little, but I am sure we will cope! I do like the additional door for the toilet though. Otherwise you need to make sure to lock two doors for one room and unlock again afterwards. Especially at night with people sleeping in both rooms...

Hi Groupies!

Very cool! I saw an eagle as I was walking to DHS from BWV a couple weeks ago. Right around where the walking path meets the sidewalk at DHS. I'm betting it's the same one. Must have a nest around there somewhere. Have a great trip! pixiedust:

I liked the new color scheme too. It had been a long time since I had stayed at BWV. I always have to shake my head when I stay at BWV. I had a standard view studio for one night. Put in a request with MS for end of hall, far from elevator. I don't like being so close to the entrance because it's noisy with luggage deliveries coming going & as most people want close to elevator it's normally a request that is granted. The long halls don't bother me. At check in the CM said to me I see you have a request for end of hall is that still what you want to which I reply yes. He replies great & gives me the room number. Of course I'm think yeah the filled my request! Get to the room & it's 3 or 4 rooms away from the elevator. Pretty much as close as you can get. Can't quite figure out why he bothered to ask me if that is what I still wanted when it was clearly not the area I had requested. 8-) Just seems to be the way it goes at BWV.

Very cool! I saw an eagle as I was walking to DHS from BWV a couple weeks ago. Right around where the walking path meets the sidewalk at DHS. I'm betting it's the same one. Must have a nest around there somewhere. Have a great trip! pixiedust:

I liked the new color scheme too. It had been a long time since I had stayed at BWV. I always have to shake my head when I stay at BWV. I had a standard view studio for one night. Put in a request with MS for end of hall, far from elevator. I don't like being so close to the entrance because it's noisy with luggage deliveries coming going & as most people want close to elevator it's normally a request that is granted. The long halls don't bother me. At check in the CM said to me I see you have a request for end of hall is that still what you want to which I reply yes. He replies great & gives me the room number. Of course I'm think yeah the filled my request! Get to the room & it's 3 or 4 rooms away from the elevator. Pretty much as close as you can get. Can't quite figure out why he bothered to ask me if that is what I still wanted when it was clearly not the area I had requested. 8-) Just seems to be the way it goes at BWV.
The 1st time we stayed there, Granny advised us to ask for a room near tennis courts, so we did, got it and asked the same ever since. It puts us very near the end of hallway

The 1st time we stayed there, Granny advised us to ask for a room near tennis courts, so we did, got it and asked the same ever since. It puts us very near the end of hallway

I'll remember that for the future. I don't stay there often & normally that end of hall/far from elevator request works.

Good Morning Groupies!
Boy do I ever feel out-of-the-loop!
My mom is 85 and lived with us for awhile. She was visiting relatives in N Carolina when she fell and broke her hip. My sisters and I flew down to be with her for surgery and to get her situated into a rehab facility. We'll be bring her back to Ohio once her caregivers clear her for travel, which could be upwards of 8 weeks. I came home sick and spent a day and a half in bed :sick: Todays a new day!

I know JT and others live in NC. We were in the Wilmington-Hampstead area. I waved as I left.

:welcome: to our new Groupies! Its always a pleasure when someone finds their way over to our little corner of the Dis.

I'll go back and get caught up. Have a good day!

Hi Di! So sorry to hear about your mother. :hug: Hoping that her healing goes well and she is able to make it back home soon.

Di...prayers going up for your Mom, her caregivers and your family. And for your health as well. God bless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter