• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Listening to the WL Christmas loop as we put lights on the trees:tinker:

Great idea! I have that on my computer. Need to send it to my phone so I can play it on the stereo downstairs.

My son pulled out our tree earlier this week rearranged the room and set it up. I had rewired it with about $100 in LED bulbs 2 years back as I do love the tree, but the foster fails (FFs) were (still are) putting it to the test. The experimentation week has concluded. Findings as follows:

• Cats love to climb trees. Fake, real, imaginary... doesn't matter.
  • Aluminum pins are a bad design for hinging branches onto a Christmas tree when a 15# FF plans on settling onto the branch.
  • FFs hate the smell of pine scented sentcicles.
  • Adding a sentsiscle to the center pole of a tree will deter the FFs from climbing the tree.... but not from munching on the needles near the bottom.
  • Pinning dislodged, fully wired branches back into place with a cheap aluminum pin is made 5x harder than it should be when a duo of FFs will not remove themselves from the base of the tree and keep swatting at your hands.
  • Hydrocortisone creme does nothing to remove allergic reaction welts from the arms caused by scratches from a pine tree.
It's now time to find some kitten friendly ornaments. I refuse to put up the glass ones. Love how the trees at VWL, WL, Jambo and Kidani are dressed up in natural based ornaments. I think I need to try my hand at making some.

Last edited:
I just saw an announcement on allear.net about the F&G being extended for 90 days - from March 2nd to May 30th 2016. Included in that announcement was this info:

"Ranger Mickey Mouse in topiary form will appear for the first time to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the National Parks Service launched in 1916 to conserve the country’s natural scenic treasures." and "The Ranger Mickey topiary garden in Future World will offer a guest selfie and family photo opportunity featuring a Spaceship Earth backdrop."

I can't imagine they would but what if they kidnapped our Mickey for this?! :stir:
Listening to the WL Christmas loop as we put lights on the trees:tinker:

WL Christmas loop? What is this?!

I just saw an announcement on allear.net about the F&G being extended for 90 days - from March 2nd to May 30th 2016. Included in that announcement was this info:

"Ranger Mickey Mouse in topiary form will appear for the first time to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the National Parks Service launched in 1916 to conserve the country’s natural scenic treasures." and "The Ranger Mickey topiary garden in Future World will offer a guest selfie and family photo opportunity featuring a Spaceship Earth backdrop."

I can't imagine they would but what if they kidnapped our Mickey for this?! :stir:

WL Christmas loop? What is this?!

I don't think they'd do that to the villas, bad press y'know ;) Maybe he's modeling for them.
I have faith he will return.

While Ranger Mickey will be fun, if they want him to get excited reactions, they should design a Musket Mickey, the old Mickey logo for the fort. So many folk miss him.

KAT
Its the Christmas Music you hear at WL that time of year. I can make you a CD if you want?

Sandy and I just got back home, last night at 2 AM.... greeted by 4 inches of snow in MI :).

We were at the VWL this last 10 days. Many of Sandy's photos of the Quite Poll area are on Humphrey's site....

So - what did we see? Actually, all of it was ENCOURAGING.

The Quiet Pool started it's demo about 11-13. For the next week, it was a Blitzkrieg. That crew pretty much finished the major demo by 11-21.
LOTS of jackhammering - but ONLY during the promised times of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM - and nothing on weekends. They were VERY GOOD about this. The equipment was MASSIVE - yet, once within the Villas, WE COULD HEAR NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. And this is likely the very WORST of the planned work.

The rooms JUST around the Quiet Pool appeared to be vacant. We think this was good planning by Disney, as the LODGE was PACKED - a whole week BEFORE Thanksgiving.

All in all, we had a GREAT trip :). To us? The impact of all this work was minimal. We remain very happy that we are booked for April, and don't think that the construction is particularly bad. Just a personal opinion - this whole event may very well be nothing but a tempest in a teapot. So sorry for anyone that moved over all of this.

One disappointment: NO TREE by 11-21-2015. That's two years with a late tree. We're going to book earlier in 2016, and give up on the tree, as we just do not want to be at VWL during Thanksgiving week.

Many thanks Dean for your report! As we are headed there soon, I was curious to know how intense the construction is/was We've requested a lake side room. Really appreciate your input!

JT - while you're making cd's, would you kindly make one for us, too? And like Kathy, I'll love you forever, too!

Theww228 - very cool WL tree!

theww228, Love the tree! We have one too:lovestruc

twokats and Di, I will be more than happy to make yall a CD, just PM me your addresses!

Dean, thanks for the trip report. Its great to know the noise didnt bother you. I am like you, I feel if the noise coming from pool destruct was minimal from inside, it should be even better with the remaining construction, since it will be further from our digs

JT - while you're making cd's, would you kindly make one for us, too? And like Kathy, I'll love you forever, too!

Theww228 - very cool WL tree!

JT - she already loves your family forever . . . . she is playing on your emotions. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter