VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Here is the article, albeit, brief and not very explanatory. Hopefully, this will shed a little light. Granny, you will be our roving reporter, so we look forward to your investigation into the matter:listen:
And we count on you to voice your opinion on our behalf if you think this matter is of utter nonsense or a complete positive move as you know the bus drivers will pass it along to those in higher positions:rolleyes1
In all seriousness, hope yall have a great time!

Bus route to be tested from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness

Leah Zanolla | April 22, 2015

setting.jpg

Walt Disney World is testing a direct bus route from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The test will take place from 4:00pm to 11:30pm daily for four weeks. Guests can use this route to get to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness.

Hi, all! Luv, here (I jumped on sleepy's computer since this page was already open), and I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes the past couple of days. It's that sort of camaraderie and friendship that make the Groupies so very special. Thanks again, and we're counting the days (70) until our next trip to the World!

party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY DI! party:

From your number one fan!

Hey, let's go to Disney World and celebrate! (9 more sleeps!)

Hello - I am just curious if anyone has stayed at VWL for Marathon Weekend in January? How is the transportation to/from the races? I currently have a studio booked - can't wait!

Here is the article, albeit, brief and not very explanatory. Hopefully, this will shed a little light. Granny, you will be our roving reporter, so we look forward to your investigation into the matter:listen:
And we count on you to voice your opinion on our behalf if you think this matter is of utter nonsense or a complete positive move as you know the bus drivers will pass it along to those in higher positions:rolleyes1
In all seriousness, hope yall have a great time!

Bus route to be tested from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness

Leah Zanolla | April 22, 2015

setting.jpg

Walt Disney World is testing a direct bus route from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The test will take place from 4:00pm to 11:30pm daily for four weeks. Guests can use this route to get to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness.

Interesting. Unfortunately to me it sounds like they are adding FW into the bus loop from WL to/from MK. :( I'm sure FW would like it though since I think they only had the boat direct and had to take the FW/WL bus and then transfer to the WL/MK bus. Guess we'll see what #Granny finds out! :)

Groupies are the best! I thank you all for the special birthday wishes. I told my family I wasn't having a birthday this year.....
I found some time to get into my sewing room, I enjoyed the company of my grand-doggie, and our kids made it safely home from Nevada. The suitcases are out and packing will begin tomorrow. All in all, a very good day!

Our internet at home has been sporadic at best. The provider told us today he is in the process of upgrading the towers - just as soon as the winds die down enough for him to get them up. Hopefully by mid next week, we'll have full internet again. DDad has been able to keep up with the thread at work and has kept me up to date on the highlights.

Sorry I missed your birthday luvvwl.
Wishing you a very Happy Belated Birthday!

It has been really cold in Ohio these past few days. We even had snow yesterday. I really need some sunshine!

Groupies are the best! I thank you all for the special birthday wishes. I told my family I wasn't having a birthday this year.....
I found some time to get into my sewing room, I enjoyed the company of my grand-doggie, and our kids made it safely home from Nevada. The suitcases are out and packing will begin tomorrow. All in all, a very good day!

Our internet at home has been sporadic at best. The provider told us today he is in the process of upgrading the towers - just as soon as the winds die down enough for him to get them up. Hopefully by mid next week, we'll have full internet again. DDad has been able to keep up with the thread at work and has kept me up to date on the highlights.

Sorry I missed your birthday luvvwl.
Wishing you a very Happy Belated Birthday!

It has been really cold in Ohio these past few days. We even had snow yesterday. I really need some sunshine!
Happy birthday! Just made it under the wire!! Hope you had a wonderful day. Luv passes along her thanks, too. Snow, eh? Ugh. While a bit chilly here--and very windy--at least we've not had snow. Hope warmth returns soon.

Wow, did I neglect some happy birthdays...
Happy Birthday DiznyDi! :cake:
Happy (a tad late) Birthday luvvwl! :cake:

:cake: Tea Pot & DisneyNutzy :cake: I hope you both have been having a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Month!!! (Sorry, I was very late!)

Reporting in from rainy WDW...actually it did stop raining about 3:00 so we got over to DHS for a little while before hoofing it over to EPCOT for dinner at Rose & Crown. Had a great time with Fiona our waitress and a nice meal of fish & chips. This was actually our first time eating there. Afterward we were able to enjoy our evening strolling around World Showcase and capping it off with a little ice cream from Seashore Sweets on the Boardwalk.

Sorry Groupies...haven't made it over to WL yet. We will probably visit tomorrow since we are going to have a late breakfast at Trail's End...our first time ever eating there but taking the reco's from so many Groupies. This trip will also include our first ever Hoop-de-doo Revue. Just trying to keep things fresh after all these visits. :)

Rain should be clearing out in a few days so hopefully we'll have some dry (though hot) weather coming up. I can handle heat better than rain so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Some random photos:
Our introduction into Disney's flagship resort's DVC lobby...the first thing we saw when we came through the DVC resort doors.

upload_2015-4-23_21-36-6.jpeg

Turns out the chandelier in the lobby needs dusting. The curtain is still up today so I guess it's hard to find folks from the Dusters Union to come in and clean up. :)

upload_2015-4-23_21-40-2.jpeg

No problem, we'll just head over to the kid's pool

upload_2015-4-23_21-41-44.jpeg

Just having a little fun...of course refurbishment is an ongoing effort and we know that when we visit during low attendance times they tend to have more things being refurbished.

Overall, we are surprised at the size of the GF resort grounds...I guess we never realized how large and spread out the resort is. That's not a negative at all...it is truly a beautiful place. We look forward to another 10 days here. :)

Happy Birthday Granny & Tea Pot & DisneyNutzy & luvvwl & DiznyDi !!!! Very late and not so late, but still I hope they were very enjoyable days.

I have kinda been around and sent silent wishes to each of you on your days, but this was a very hectic tax season for me. I had quite a few last minute clients, along with some clients that took forever to get me just a little bit of information. Plus as an added bonus, about 5 weeks ago I developed a stress fracture in my right foot, so I have been in a boot, trying to still get things done and limping along trying not to mess up the left foot in the process of healing the right one!!! As a friend of mine that is a PA said, "You have crappy bones!" Much as I would love a trip to the world right now along with the rest of y'all, I guess it is a good thing I can't. Hopefully I will be totally well by the time the December cruise on the Wonder comes up.

I also welcome the new groupies that have come in the last few weeks. Glad you found us and the glorious wonder of the Lodge.

My daughter in law is trying to talk me into taking a road trip up to New Jersey next month so we can see one of my granddaughters receive her associates degree. It is very tempting, but I am on a see-saw if I should.

Hi Kathy! Hope that your foot heals up quickly and that you keep the other one healthy!!!! :crutches:

April is the time of year I say God Bless to my tax accountant. I'm afraid I'm not the most prompt of clients either although she might have wondered what was going on since I got things in to her while it was still March! :o

:cake::bday::daisy:Happy (belated) Birthday Luvvwl and Di!

Hope you both enjoyed your special days:flower1:

Some random photos:
Our introduction into Disney's flagship resort's DVC lobby...the first thing we saw when we came through the DVC resort doors.

View attachment 90430

Turns out the chandelier in the lobby needs dusting. The curtain is still up today so I guess it's hard to find folks from the Dusters Union to come in and clean up. :)

View attachment 90431

No problem, we'll just head over to the kid's pool

View attachment 90432

Just having a little fun...of course refurbishment is an ongoing effort and we know that when we visit during low attendance times they tend to have more things being refurbished.

Overall, we are surprised at the size of the GF resort grounds...I guess we never realized how large and spread out the resort is. That's not a negative at all...it is truly a beautiful place. We look forward to another 10 days here. :)

:rotfl2:Oh my gosh Granny! Too funny! Enjoy your trip, I look forward to many more photos!! 12 days at the GFV, I am green with envy!!!:thumbsup2

twokats
So sorry to hear of your injury, best wishes and Moose Dust to you for a quick recovery. And we understand the issue of tax season, you just make sure you visit when time allows. Once a groupie, always a groupie!:flower1:

Granny
Be sure to try the sweets at Trails End. Seems like it is a cinnamon roll bread pudding or something along that line. Usually the waitstaff will mention the unique items, but if not, the center area of the buffet sits by itself, that is where I remember the the sweets sit. I am not big on sweets in the AM, but theirs is worth the time to try for me. Another place we really enjoy for breakfast and they have some unique items as well is The Wave. Its always fresh, never crowded, though a ressie on weekends I would say to get. Just a monorail ride away:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter