VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

I just love CL... I am not sure if they stopped the gifts or not... We have always received one...
but then again I have not been back 2009...

Yummy that snowball looks great on a hot day!

Aw man, nothing at Karamel!? I'm guessing you never made it back :eek::worried:

I love seeing photos of Conner! He's such a beautiful dog :)

Love that they have snoballs at Epcot. Next time I'm getting my favorite strawberry with condensed milk on top though. Nothing beats that one popcorn::

I know, I couldn't believe it myself. I had gone halfway through a giant line and just didn't feel like staying any longer. I definitely regretted it later. Sadly I didn't get back even though I did go back to Epcot.

Thank you :) he's a funny boy that's for sure. How's your cute dog getting along with Calvin?

I just love CL... I am not sure if they stopped the gifts or not... We have always received one...
but then again I have not been back 2009...

Brandi, we've got to get you back to Disney!

It was funny, I almost asked the CMs several times about the gift, but I didn't feel right about it.

Brandi, we've got to get you back to Disney!

It was funny, I almost asked the CMs several times about the gift, but I didn't feel right about it.

Oh I am sure I would have... "Excuse me... You know the last time I was here I got this cute beaded giraffe, and I was wondering if that was something you give out all the time?"

Oh I am sure I would have... "Excuse me... You know the last time I was here I got this cute beaded giraffe, and I was wondering if that was something you give out all the time?"

:rotfl: I know I should have. Next time I definitely will. Not sure when next time will be though.

Love that they have snoballs at Epcot. Next time I'm getting my favorite strawberry with condensed milk on top though. Nothing beats that one popcorn::

I know, I couldn't believe it myself. I had gone halfway through a giant line and just didn't feel like staying any longer. I definitely regretted it later. Sadly I didn't get back even though I did go back to Epcot.

Thank you :) he's a funny boy that's for sure. How's your cute dog getting along with Calvin?

Goodness with condensed milk!? Sounds so creamy and delicious.

Calvin and Percy get along very well. I actually think Percy is helping Calvin learn how to crawl since Percy is always trying to dodge him from grabbing his paws:lmao: He hates having his paws touched.

All those glorious treats and not one thing?! I'm surprised and amazed! How is Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Good movie? I haven't seen Oliver & Company in sooo long. But every once in a while, my DB and I will say a few quotes from that movie.

I hate it when parents think they are on vacation from being a parent. I have to say that nothing of the dessert offerings would have appealed to me either. It sounds like you ended up with a nice relaxing evening though.

Corinna

Pam - Your dog is gorgeous. Love those big blue eyes! He looks like a real sweetie!

Jenny - your dogs are beautiful as well. I have to say that I have a soft spot in my heart for black animals. I just love them (my Max cat is all black).

Pam - what a great way to spend the evening. So relaxing. I know I have said this before but CL looks so fantastic. I know there are only a handful of CL rooms for DVC so it will probably never happen for me, but a girl can dream, right?

Day 10:

I woke up shortly after 9:00 and after getting ready headed out to get some breakfast. I love having the DVC CL rooms on the same level as the CL.

My favorite cinnamon rolls were missing, but they were just refilling them.

What I took back to the room

I didn’t eat all these at once, but kept them for later.

I enjoyed my breakfast while watching Oliver and Co. I hadn’t seen it in years and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yesterday I had been a little mopey that I was on my own without mom and I resolved to thoroughly enjoy myself for the rest of vacation. There was no sense to mope, I was at Disney World after all! Shame on me for moping at all. After watching the movie and all the extras I took both movies back to the store. When I got back upstairs the CL offerings had been switched to snacks. There was a special green theme and I suddenly realized it was St. Patties Day! It’s easy to lose track of days on a long vacation.

I had some delicious green lemonade and then headed off to explore a little.

I had absolutely no plans for the day and by now it was after noon. I decided to head to Hollywood Studios but on the way to the bus stop I decided to head to the overlook to watch the animals.

This guy was so cute, he was playing with a rock, picking it up, tossing it around, and catching it again. I watched for a while.

You are probably still updating but I've got to say that the green theme for St Patty's day is pretty cool. Did they serve green beer later in the day? :rotfl2:

Glad you decided not to mop and make the best of your time alone! What a spectacular place to do that in.

I tore myself away from the pelicans and made my way to the other side of the outlook. And who would I see but my favorite Red River Hogs! Sorry, there’s a lot of pictures of them, I think they’re the cutest little guys on the planet. I later learned on my June trip that only these two boys are out because there were some baby hogs born and they are being kept inside with the momma until they’re ready.

Just look at those ears!!!

Sorry if that was a lot of the same picture. I like all of them, the little cuties kept moving around. I tore myself away, which was harder than with the pelicans, but there was a group of teenagers close by that were annoying me. I headed to the bus stop.

Looks like I saw the pelicans again. They hold a special place in my heart too. On our first trip to Jambo House we had a room that was right above a pelican nest. They entertained us the entire trip.

I must have missed all these animals before. Lots of activity on the savannah.

I think this time I really tore myself away and headed out.

I thought this flower looked too cool.

I was playing with the camera settings and must have had it on something when I took this. I had quite a time changing it back to normal but I think this looks pretty.

You are probably still updating but I've got to say that the green theme for St Patty's day is pretty cool. Did they serve green beer later in the day? :rotfl2:

Glad you decided not to mop and make the best of your time alone! What a spectacular place to do that in.

You did catch me mid update :) I thought it was pretty cool too. A CM came out while I was taking pictures, he seemed like a manager, and said he likes to do something special for the holidays. Said I should definitely come during Christmas, they do it up really nice. I would love to one day but Christmas has always been family time for us so probably won't be able to. He said he wanted to do green beer but the logistics were a bit complicated. They did have some at Epcot when I went there later.

I had indulged in a pity party long enough, and I'm glad I snapped myself out of it.

Goodness with condensed milk!? Sounds so creamy and delicious.

Oh yes, so delicious. You must try one in October. The little stand is very hard to miss, but once you know where it is you'll be like, how did I always miss this before? If you're looking at Japan and the big temple is on the left, the little stand is to the left of the temple.

Calvin and Percy get along very well. I actually think Percy is helping Calvin learn how to crawl since Percy is always trying to dodge him from grabbing his paws:lmao: He hates having his paws touched.

I thought I remembered his name was Percy but I didn't want to say the wrong name. Too cute, there's something about babies wanting to grab animals' feet. I'm so glad they get along. :) I've heard of some people getting rid of their animals once they have children because they don't get along or it's too much to have them both. I couldn't imagine doing that.

All those glorious treats and not one thing?! I'm surprised and amazed! How is Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Good movie? I haven't seen Oliver & Company in sooo long. But every once in a while, my DB and I will say a few quotes from that movie.

I know, I have no idea how I didn't even grab a rice crispy treat. Those things are fantastic! You haven't seen Bedknobs and Broomsticks or Ponyo!? :faint: go buy them right now, they're both fantastic. Really, B & B has some amazing effects and the storyline is great. Definitely worth seeing. I really enjoyed Oliver and Co. again, it had been many many years.

I hate it when parents think they are on vacation from being a parent. I have to say that nothing of the dessert offerings would have appealed to me either. It sounds like you ended up with a nice relaxing evening though.

Corinna

I couldn't believe the behavior of those children. The parents must tune them out at home as well, because there was no way they could miss that wretched screaming.

I can't say I wasn't in the mood for dessert since I picked up the pastry in the Mara, but nothing caught my eye in the CL. I am surprised I didn't pick up a few rice crispy treats since they are so tasty.

Pam - Your dog is gorgeous. Love those big blue eyes! He looks like a real sweetie!

Thank you :goodvibes he is a sweet heart. I call him my lovey dog. Unfortunately right now we're having a huge thunderstorm and he's terrified. I'm surprised internet is still up.

Pam - what a great way to spend the evening. So relaxing. I know I have said this before but CL looks so fantastic. I know there are only a handful of CL rooms for DVC so it will probably never happen for me, but a girl can dream, right?

You must not have seen my post on your TR but I'm sure one of these years we can swap points if you're interested. Mom is dying to stay in a treehouse one of these trips. And I did get a CL waitlist to come through for an October trip that I unfortunatey had to cancel, so waitlists do happen. There are only 5 2BR lockoffs up there, not many rooms at all.

Jenny - your dogs are beautiful as well. I have to say that I have a soft spot in my heart for black animals. I just love them (my Max cat is all black).

Me too. :lovestruc Especially black labs. They're just so lovable and goofy.

I'm so sorry about your Riley :( It really sucks to lose a furry family member. Seeing his picture made me sad. I know a lot of people say that they're just animals and we can just as easily replace them, but us animal people know that that's impossible. I hope your pain eases over time :goodvibes

Thank you. :goodvibes He was such a love bug too. I agree, non animal people just don't get it.

Great updates Pam. That green lemonade freaked me out at first. I thought maybe it was that *juicing* that everyone seems to be doing lately.

CL would spoil me. Looks awesome! :thumbsup2

I find it hard to get moving and motivated too to leave AVK. It's just so peaceful and interesting at the same time. Time just seems to fly by because there is just so much to enjoy.

Those little river hogs are very cute. Big floppy Dumbo ears.

Oh, I love that there are baby hogs. I also have a soft spot for pelicans in general. I was so upset that I did not see any on our last cruise. I love the green theme at the Club Lounge.

Corinna

Very cool about St. Patty's day green at AKL:thumbsup2 It's a really big deal down here in Savannah....people go all out :upsidedow The River Hogs are way cute (in their own way) We didn't see them last year. Didn't you say they were new? Or did I dream that?? Beautiful pics of AKL!!

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter