VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

Captain Jack on a golf cart. :rotfl2: Thats hilarious!

That cooler looks delicious. Can't wait to try my first one!

Pelican Plunge looks like a blast. I'm leaning towards not planning an excursion on CC and see where the day takes us.

Hi! I just discovered your trip report and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for all the pictures! It's almost like being there! :)

I'm going to post all the CL photos on the AKL thread either tonight or tomorrow. There's no way I'm going to finish this TR before you leave.

Oh that is so sweet of you! I will check that out! You mean the "number nine is fine" thread on the resorts board right?

Thank you!!!

Oh that is so sweet of you! I will check that out! You mean the "number nine is fine" thread on the resorts board right?

Thank you!!!

I'll post a link to it, I think that's what the current one is called. The first time I stayed CL I was so excited I couldn't stand it. And it definitely lives up to the excitement. Happy to be of any help, I couldn't find many pictures of the offerings at all.

I'll post a link to it, I think that's what the current one is called. The first time I stayed CL I was so excited I couldn't stand it. And it definitely lives up to the excitement. Happy to be of any help, I couldn't find many pictures of the offerings at all.

Thank you!!

I have yet to get over to Serentiy bay. I really want to explore it someday. I hear Captain Jack shows up there quite a bit.

I have yet to get over to Serentiy bay. I really want to explore it someday. I hear Captain Jack shows up there quite a bit.

It's wonderful, a totally different feel than the rest of the island. Problem is that it get a lot of waves so the water is much choppier than in the protected family lagoon.

Whew!....:faint: think I'm all caught up now! Didn't realize how very far behind I was. Vacation tends to get in the way of my Dis time :teeth:

Nice pics at Castaway Cay! :thumbsup2 The colors are beautiful. Too bad about the wind, but at least it was sunny.

... I only bought 50 points, but that will allow me to go every third year at Christmas. Of course there's always the 7 month option but this will guarantee Christmas which is most important. I've already changed this December trip to VGF and there will definitely be a TR when that rolls around.

I'm so excited!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Congrats to you!!! Let the bananas dance!!:banana::banana::banana: That really is awesome. And like you, I'm surprised that the points weren't more expensive. Can't wait to take a peek inside those villas!!! We've bounced around the idea of buying into DVC, but the numbers don't work out. We would have to buy LOTS of points for our family of 5....maybe one day.

I had to sneak a peek too. It looks incredible. I could literally make a meal out of hummus, veggies, cheese, and pita chips. Did they have pita chips? I saw the sweet chips.

Oh yes, very delicious pitas. Oh my goodness, the the olives, cheese, and humus are so delicious. Every evening the have a couple special hot appetizers but I'm just as happy with the cold ones. See why I had some resistance changing reservations in December :)

Whew!....:faint: think I'm all caught up now! Didn't realize how very far behind I was. Vacation tends to get in the way of my Dis time :teeth:

I understand completely! It's easy to get behind and hard to get caught up again :) I hope the vacation was magnificent!!!

Nice pics at Castaway Cay! :thumbsup2 The colors are beautiful. Too bad about the wind, but at least it was sunny.

Thank you :) it was a really gorgeous day. We probably could have set up shop at the family beach, but we liked the idea of heading back to the ship once we decided on it.

Congrats to you!!! Let the bananas dance!!:banana::banana::banana: That really is awesome. And like you, I'm surprised that the points weren't more expensive. Can't wait to take a peek inside those villas!!! We've bounced around the idea of buying into DVC, but the numbers don't work out. We would have to buy LOTS of points for our family of 5....maybe one day.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm so excited!!! They are absolutely gorgeous!

One thing that helped with DVC was that I knew how much I'd be putting away each year for vacations, this way I'm guaranteed better accommodations with that money.

Hi. I just found your trip report. Loving it!!! :goodvibes The best part is that my DD and I were on the same cruise! The pictures are awesome and makes me remember our trip. Even though you saw parts of the ship I never did (DD was 8 at the time.) Its also when I bought into DVC (AKV). Looking forward to our first trip in 2014. Can't wait to hear about your time AKV CL. popcorn:: I'm still considering it for next year.

Hi. I just found your trip report. Loving it!!! :goodvibes The best part is that my DD and I were on the same cruise! The pictures are awesome and makes me remember our trip. Even though you saw parts of the ship I never did (DD was 8 at the time.) Its also when I bought into DVC (AKV). Looking forward to our first trip in 2014. Can't wait to hear about your time AKV CL. popcorn:: I'm still considering it for next year.

Welcome Jennifer! Very cool, wasn't that a fantastic cruise!!! We had such a good time. :)

Congratulations on DVC!!!! Very exciting!!!!! I must tell you, if you want CL you must book at exactly the 11 month window. At 8:00 online have your information in so you can hit submit. There are only 5 2BRs up there that can then be made into 5 studios and 5 1 BRs. Very limited. You can always change later if you find you don't want it, but if you do you must pounce! Hopefully I'll get to that portion of the TR this weekend.

Thanks Pam. Still considering CL, but really think we will go for a SV 1-BDR.

Also, forgot to mention that we also had Martin and Karen as our servers - main dining. From the looks of your pictures we had the table right next to yours. And I agree - Martin wasn't the best. Our first night we didn't get our entrees until all the other tables around us were getting their desserts. :mad: He got better as the cruise went along, but no where near as magical as the servers we have had on previous cruises. :sad2: Which is a shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter