• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

I'm glad you didn't bail on dinner even though your mom did.

Does this mean she is going to want the bed on your next cruise? :rotfl2:

Dinner looks rdelish. Yummy!

What a great day! It's getting me very excited for my cruise! :cool1:

Sounds like a great day! That's too bad that your mom got so tired that she missed dinner. Did she end up starving the next day?

Sorry that the ship was so rough....I've never had turbot, but from all I've heard it sound like something I would really like.

I'm glad you did bail on dinner even though your mom did.

It was a bit out of my comfort zone to go alone, but I'm so glad I did. Good food and good company, what more could you ask for :)

Does this mean she is going to want the bed on your next cruise? :rotfl2:

That's exactly what I'm afraid of! :laughing: every trip I tell her she needs to get the bed since last time she took the sofa, we'll see if she accepts next time now that she knows how nice they are.

Dinner looks relish. Yummy!

It was really delicious. And nice to try a new menu.

What a great day! It's getting me very excited for my cruise! :cool1:

You're going to love cruising!!!

Sounds like a great day! That's too bad that your mom got so tired that she missed dinner. Did she end up starving the next day?

It was a great day. I think she just pushed herself after waking up so early along with all the walking we did. No, she wasn't hungry since she had eaten that veggie burger and fries right before 6:00. I think that made her decision to skip dinner easier since she wasn't hungry. She even slept in longer than me the next day, she was that tired.

Sorry that the ship was so rough....I've never had turbot, but from all I've heard it sound like something I would really like.

The ship rocking at night is not bad, it lends itself to really nice sleep.

The turbot was cooked to perfection, so good. I'd definitely get that dish again, just without the sauce.

Hi everybody :wave2: I promise I haven't forgotten about this TR. the last couple weeks of work have been super stressful and this weekend I've been down at WDW at Jambo House in a 1BR for the first time. It has been a perfect trip, currently sitting by the pool waiting for the DME at 4:05. We mainly hit the waterparks this time, the last time I went to one was 24 years ago when Typhoon Lagoon opened. We have had a blast.

An update will definitely be done soon :)

Good grief!!! I had no idea how far behind I was :scared1: Going back to read and look at all the fabulous pictures!!!!

Heather

Day 6: At Sea

I snoozed until about 7:50 and since mom was still asleep I decided to take all the clothes and go do laundry. The one on Deck 10 was pretty close but it was occupied. They very nicely have a map of where all the other laundries are, and the next closest one was on Deck 8 Aft. I headed down there and it was empty which was perfect. It took me a little bit to figure out how to work them. They have step by step instructions but it was still a little confusing.

I used both of the washing machines because I wasn’t sure how big a load they could handle.

When I got back to the room mom was finally up. She had slept for 13 hours. She asked me to get her a coffee while she woke up. I could choose our breakfast destination if I got her coffee.

I loved seeing the ship empty in the morning.

We decided to go to the Royal Court for a sit down breakfast. On our Wonder cruise we went to 3 out of 4 breakfasts at Tritons and we had yet to have a sit down breakfast except for Palo on this trip. We were so close to Cabanas that was just the easier choice, and we could get as much as we wanted at the buffet.

We stopped and put the laundry in the dryer before breakfast. We also stopped by Guest Services to sign up for the galley tour. Unfortunately they only had 1 spot left and 6 people on the waitlist. Mom was fine with me going alone, but I knew I would regret not having her there to see everything with me. We’ll have to remember the galley tour for future cruises.

We were sat in our same area as dinner; I got a few pictures I’d missed previously.

Our dinner table

Another Aladdin mural

Our breakfast view

Our breakfast table

I started off with a bagel and cream cheese

Mom had some pastries

I also had a cinnamon roll

I had a mushroom and cheese omelet with a hash brown, it was so delicious!

Mom had a vegetable open faced omelet, she said it was the best one she’s had in her life!

Breakfast was absolutely delicious and a nice change from Cabanas. A CM came around near the end of breakfast and asked us about our dining service team. He said to be completely honest. They like to hear feedback so they can be better. So we were. We really liked Martin and Karen, but Martin was quite sensitive and Karen was pretty controlling. He said that’s he’s heard the same things from other people and Martin has been working on it.

With breakfast complete we headed upstairs to grab the laundry. I had asked mom how she felt about skipping Palo dinner that night so we could enjoy dinner with our tablemates. She said it was completely my decision, she was fine either way. She would be missing two dinners with them since she had skipped last night’s dinner. I had until 2:00 to decide, so I mulled over it.

We dropped off the laundry in the room and headed off to do the Mid Ship Detective Agency. We had to wait a little bit for a family in front of us to check in so I took some photos. They had just finished the Jack Jack Diaper Dash. We watched this last year on the Dream and it was so cute. In the right corner on top of the piano you can see that the winners get a Jack Jack. I want one so bad!

Port Adventure desk

Mom checking us in. they give you a tutorial and then you have to ‘register’ a card that somehow tracks your progress throughout the ship. There are three different mysteries you can choose from, we chose the Muppets and the Lost Show.

It was great fun, and took over an hour to complete. We had to collect clues all over the ship. They had this adorable Muppet door which had lots of clues on it.

After our successful mission we went to the room to relax for a little bit. We went through Cabanas as usual and they were serving lunch already. The chef's dessert special of the day was a toffee cake and I had to get some. They also had coconut pineapple icecream which I needed to have :) both were delicious.

I seriously made so many typos on my last post. :lmao: I went back to fix them.

So you were just in WDW again? Pam, I can not even begin to keep up with you. Denny and I are definitely hitting a WP next week. The question is which one? I think I'm leaning towards TL.

I am confused about how breakfast works on the ship. You can either go buffet or go table service? Does it matter which TS you go to?

Your omelets look relish.

Go mom for sleeping 13 hours!!!!!

Palo? Decisions. Decisions.

I seriously made so many typos on my last post. :lmao: I went back to fix them.

Too funny, I can't remember if I noticed, no big deal :)

I
So you were just in WDW again? Pam, I can not even begin to keep up with you. Denny and I are definitely hitting a WP next week. The question is which one? I think I'm leaning towards TL.

It was a quick four day trip. I had originally booked this trip for next weekend at BCV but was denied the time at work. Our trips would have overlapped which I was super excited about. The waterparks were so much fun! We both agreed we liked TL better because of the theming and rides and awesome wave pool but BB was great fun as well. The lazy river at BB is longer. Do both, it's going to be hot enough. We were happy campers at the waterparks. We braved HS one morning and it was so hot we couldn't stand it.

I
I am confused about how breakfast works on the ship. You can either go buffet or go table service? Does it matter which TS you go to?

They only have one table service for breakfast which will be the Royal Palace on the Dream. You can go to Cabanas or the Enchanted Garden for a buffet. You can do whatever you want, they're all included in your cruise price. They do have certain hours and Royal Palace usually closes at 9:30. They will post the hours on the daily navigator.

Your omelets look relish.

They were scrumptious! Perfectly done.

Go mom for sleeping 13 hours!!!!!

She needed it, I had no idea she was so tired.

Palo? Decisions. Decisions.

Do it. You guys love good food and Palo delivers. It's only $20 more each person plus tip, and you can order as many dishes as you want. The main dining rooms can be noisy, Palo is a sweet retreat. Especially since you're celebrating Denny's birthday, that would be perfect. If you want even fancier Remy looks amazing. It's compared to V & As and $75 each. Six course meal and at least three hours, a dining event.

The toffee and ice cream both look YUM! Glad your mom was feeling better and got a good nights rest. Breakfast looks good too especially your omelette. What's the difference between an open faced and regular omelette other than its not folded in half? Is it cooked more?

The toffee and ice cream both look YUM! Glad your mom was feeling better and got a good nights rest. Breakfast looks good too especially your omelette. What's the difference between an open faced and regular omelette other than its not folded in half? Is it cooked more?

I'm confused by that myself. It didn't look like it had any cheese in it and I thought that's what an omelets all about. At least for me it is. She likes her eggs crispy so maybe that's why she liked it so much. The ice cream was out of this world delicious, so creamy and tropical at the same time. The cake needed to cool down and then it was pretty good.

Now I'm back up to speed:thumbsup2 Why oh why didn't we do the 7 day instead of the 5 day??!!!:sad2: Your pictures are torture :laughing: (you know I mean that in the best possible way ;)) We debated on the 7 day cruise but finally said no since it was the kid's first Disney cruise. Now that I've read your TR, I could kick myself. I love the pics of the forts!!! Awesome shots and what a beautiful day!! Our friends are leaving on the Fantasy in 2 weeks - I've referred her to your TR :thumbsup2 Of course she'll just be reading not posting since she's not a Dis member like us.

And because I'm soooooo behind on all things DisBoards, I had no idea you were at AKL!!?? How did you sneak that trip in? :laughing:

Heather

Now I'm back up to speed:thumbsup2 Why oh why didn't we do the 7 day instead of the 5 day??!!!:sad2: Your pictures are torture :laughing: (you know I mean that in the best possible way ;)) We debated on the 7 day cruise but finally said no since it was the kid's first Disney cruise. Now that I've read your TR, I could kick myself. I love the pics of the forts!!! Awesome shots and what a beautiful day!! Our friends are leaving on the Fantasy in 2 weeks - I've referred her to your TR :thumbsup2 Of course she'll just be reading not posting since she's not a Dis member like us.

And because I'm soooooo behind on all things DisBoards, I had no idea you were at AKL!!?? How did you sneak that trip in? :laughing:

Heather

You just need to plan another one now :beach: We did a 5 day first as well and then did a 4 day. I'm happy just being on the ship :laughing: our next one in January will be another 5 night.

The forts were fascinating, and mom loved being my tour guide :)

Thanks for the referral :) your friend is going to have a fabulous trip!

I have a trip scheduled for every three months so I can keep my sanity. I am unhappy with my current job so have to get away even if its just for a long weekend. You were right about the waterparks, they were super clean. I still wore sandals though. We had so much fun!

Really enjoyed your report and wanted to ask about your excursion to St John. Did you find that the ferry or bus ride made you queasy ? We always take Bonine early in the day but don't want to be miserable on the trip over and back.

Really enjoyed your report and wanted to ask about your excursion to St John. Did you find that the ferry or bus ride made you queasy ? We always take Bonine early in the day but don't want to be miserable on the trip over and back.

Thanks so much :goodvibes don't go anywhere yet, there's still a day and a half left of the cruise.

Now that you mention it I'm surprised I didn't because I usually do get queasy on ferries. I had taken a 24 hour Dramamine the day before and we also sat upstairs which was open to the air. Mom didn't take anything and was not sick at all.

Just enjoying following slong. Breakfast looked great. I'm already missing a cruise.

I'm confused by that myself. It didn't look like it had any cheese in it and I thought that's what an omelets all about. At least for me it is. She likes her eggs crispy so maybe that's why she liked it so much. The ice cream was out of this world delicious, so creamy and tropical at the same time. The cake needed to cool down and then it was pretty good.

I like my omelets cooked through too, fluffy but not wet. Unless my eggs over easy and then they better be runny. :laughing: Makes no sense I know.

I love tropical and creamy. Sounds perfect. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter