VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

I am all caught up again. The Rainforest Room really is gorgeous. We always skip the sail away party and usually end up in the Rainforest Room. It would be perfect if we could watch from the heated lounger while we were leaving.

We sat in the hot tubs again as we left St Thomas, it was really neat. I still liked the saunas better on the Wonder, but loved the windows on the Dream/Fantasy.

I am sorry that it was rough throughout the cruise. I would have been in my element. Actually, I could do with a decent night sleep right about now. Let's hope that we can some waves on the way to Vancouver.

For sleeping it was amazing. Combined with the comfortable bed I slept so well!

I showed Graham some of the pictures and he started to wonder if maybe we should do a split stay on the Fantasy and Vero Beach at some stage. I did not show him the adult pool though ;). I do however love the adult hot tub.

Corinna

Now that sounds like it would be a fabulous trip. You could rent a car at the terminal and drive right to Vero. The adult pool does leave something to be desired. I'm really glad they added the Satellite Falls area, the splash pool. You can't really see in the photo but there are benches so you can sit and relax in the water. I have more pictures on another day.

Wow, I can't believe it was rough the entire trip! That's a little strange, I always thought water would be rougher in the Summer/late Summer months :confused3

I think it was a combination of the rough seas and the stabilizers not working as they should. I found out here on the Dis after getting home that there was a problem with the stabilizers. I'm just glad the Dramamine helped me, some people we met, including our missing tablemates, had a really bad time.

Those clouds are dark and black in your photos! I don't think i've ever seen an empty family pool area like that before. Crazy! And there's not many people out wandering the decks. Very strange.

I know, they were really dark! I'm pretty sure we went through a storm in the night. We had missed the show so I think everybody was either at early dinner or the show.

Thanks for including the Adult area :thumbsup2 Love that there is more room to lounge and relax than the Dream! Glad they made this change to it.

Theres more from another day but I haven't uploaded them yet. I'm glad they did too, they really needed to do something. Thankfully one day it was hot enough to lounge up there, it was really nice.

Well everybody, I have tried to keep this to myself but it is no use, I'm too excited :hyper: a couple weeks ago I asked mom if she could choose, what ship would she want to go on. After some reflection she said the Fantasy. We toyed around with some dates and decided we would like to go when it is hotter so we can enjoy lounging in the sun most if not all days. We decided on May and she requested we go over Mothers Day 2014. This was all tentative but I went ahead and booked it. With the way her DBF reacted after learning about this past trip I'm not sure how many trips I'll get with mom, but he shouldn't have a problem with me treating her for Mothers Day. So we'll be doing a Western with two days at sea and stops at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and CC. We're thinking we probably won't get off the ship except for CC but of course that could change.

Love both updates and thank you for all of the photos. :thumbsup2

The food looks good, both breakfast and the pizza.

You can tell it's windy and choppy by the waves in the pool. It looks kind of cold too. You mom is darling, she's always got a big smile.

And congrats on your announcement! :cheer2: So you'll cruise in January and May next year? I must be doing something wrong in this life! :laughing: What a wonderful Mother's Day gift.

The photos of the Fantasy so make me want to go back - such a beautiful ship

We did the Western last year and are doing the Eastern next May ...... Can't wait!!

Shame the seas were rough, we have been lucky so far and I must admit it fills me with dread!

Well everybody, I have tried to keep this to myself but it is no use, I'm too excited :hyper: a couple weeks ago I asked mom if she could choose, what ship would she want to go on. After some reflection she said the Fantasy. We toyed around with some dates and decided we would like to go when it is hotter so we can enjoy lounging in the sun most if not all days. We decided on May and she requested we go over Mothers Day 2014. This was all tentative but I went ahead and booked it. With the way her DBF reacted after learning about this past trip I'm not sure how many trips I'll get with mom, but he shouldn't have a problem with me treating her for Mothers Day. So we'll be doing a Western with two days at sea and stops at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and CC. We're thinking we probably won't get off the ship except for CC but of course that could change.

:cool1: Woo hoo! That will be a fab trip! Grand Cayman is nice for beaches/snorkeling, but the others are meh. It would be really nice to enjoy the ship while everyone else is in port!

Love both updates and thank you for all of the photos. :thumbsup2

Thank you :) more photos to come!

The food looks good, both breakfast and the pizza.

Everything is delicious, it's dangerous! :rotfl:

You can tell it's windy and choppy by the waves in the pool. It looks kind of cold too. You mom is darling, she's always got a big smile.

It was pretty chilly, I remember wanting to get off that top deck in a hurry. She's wonderful, almost always happy, very fun to be with.

And congrats on your announcement! :cheer2: So you'll cruise in January and May next year? I must be doing something wrong in this life! :laughing: What a wonderful Mother's Day gift.

Thanks so much :goodvibes you must remember I don't have kids, so tend to over indulge myself most of the time. I'm not sure mom will be able to join me on many more adventures so must take advantage of the times I can.

The photos of the Fantasy so make me want to go back - such a beautiful ship

We did the Western last year and are doing the Eastern next May ...... Can't wait!!

I agree, the Fantasy is really beautiful. I see you have Alaska coming up soon, that'll be amazing! Have you cruised in May before? If so, how was the weather?

Shame the seas were rough, we have been lucky so far and I must admit it fills me with dread!

As long as I have my Dramamine I'm ready for rough seas again. It really made for good sleep though, you were literally rocked to sleep :)

:cool1: Woo hoo! That will be a fab trip! Grand Cayman is nice for beaches/snorkeling, but the others are meh. It would be really nice to enjoy the ship while everyone else is in port!

Thank you! That's good to hear. We initially wanted to do another Eastern because of three days at sea instead of two, but she wanted to go over Mothers Day. We've skipped ports a few times on the other cruises and it was fabulous how few people were on the ship.

That is wonderful! Congratulations on getting another one booked!

I left off with us heading to the room after a wonderful, if not windy, afternoon. We needed to change for dinner and then head out again. The quote for my transatlantic cruise was at the door and I wanted to go turn that in before dinner. We also had a ticket for a DVC pin that we needed to pick up. Since the DVC desk and future cruise desks were right next to each other we were able to do both at the same time.

I think the pin is so cute

Dinner that night was in the Royal Court. We were in the Aladdin room and our missing tablemates had made it to dinner. Ilene and Richard were their names and were a very nice addition to our table. They had missed dinner the night before because they were in Palo, but sadly had to leave in the middle of their meal because Ilene was so seasick. Luckily they were able to reschedule for another night.

A picture in our alcove

I forgot to mention this on yesterday's meal, but our servers were Martin and Karen. Let me just say that Martin was not at his best this evening and our meal took forever. We planned to go to the adult ventriloquist show after dinner so that was in the back of my mind during the evening.

Mom's meal consisted of a few appetizers and salads.

We both had the spinach soufflé. Mom liked it but I didnt care for it much.

And we both had the Market salad which was quite tasty

Mom also had the French onion soup which she loved

And the avocado citrus salad which she also loved

I had the salmon royale as my entrée. It was pretty good but on the cold side, like it had been sitting a little bit.

At 9:50 I started to get worried that we would miss the ventriloquist show. I noticed Martin take the dessert orders and deliver them to the table next to us before even asking for our orders. He had also forgotten to bring one of Mikes appetizers earlier in our meal. He seemed very flabbergasted the whole evening. When he finally came over to ask for our dessert orders at 10:00 I asked him if it would be possible to get them quickly since we were all trying to go see the ventriloquist show at 10:15. He amazingly had them all at the table within 5 minutes. The others at the table were thinking about skipping dessert but there was a strawberry sundae I really wanted to try so I was staying put.

It doesn't look like much but it was definitely worth sticking around for.

Mom had the crème brulee (sorry this is blurry) it was very good and more than made up for the bad ones she had on the Wonder. She absolutely adores crème brulee and gets it whenever she can.

Our tablemates had taken one or two bites of their desserts and raced off to get to the show. Mom and I are not to be rushed when it comes to dessert, no sirree. After we were finished we thanked Martin for being so quick for the desserts and then headed out. He apologized profusely at the terrible service that evening and promised to be better the next night. It wasn't that bad, but he felt horrible.

We made our way to The Tube where the ventriloquist show was being held but it was totally full. They were directing people to La Piazza where they were projecting the show on screens. Thankfully we were able to find some seats and really enjoyed the show. They had not anticipated the interest people would have and moved the next adult show to the big theater after many people complained.

After the show we headed back to the room the long way. We stopped and enjoyed the live music for a few minutes in the atrium

And then headed up to Deck 11 to pick up some water and ice for the room.

As wonderful as Jerron, our steward, was we think he flunked towel animal school. All our towel animals were made from this blue blanket and were not the most intriquate of designs. Still, he did make an effort. We think this was supposed to be a seal.

I caught up in the journal and we watched Toy Story 2 before going to sleep. I absolutely loved having all the movies that were available in the room.

Next up, Palo Brunch

Now that sounds like it would be a fabulous trip. You could rent a car at the terminal and drive right to Vero. The adult pool does leave something to be desired. I'm really glad they added the Satellite Falls area, the splash pool. You can't really see in the photo but there are benches so you can sit and relax in the water. I have more pictures on another day.

Yes, we would definitely rent a car to do this. I would be very happy with Satellite Falls, but Graham wants to be able to swim. He will just have to get up early and use the family pool.

Congratulations on your new cruise.

Corinna

Dinner looked delicious again. I am sorry that service was so slow that evening. I love the Aladdin mural. I am glad that you made it to the show even if you had to sit in a different room.

Corinna

Yes, we would definitely rent a car to do this. I would be very happy with Satellite Falls, but Graham wants to be able to swim. He will just have to get up early and use the family pool.

Yes, the adult pool isn't even long enough for swimming. Half of it is deep and the other half is less than a foot.

Congratulations on your new cruise.

Corinna

Thank you :) My boss has already approved the January and September ones, so hopefully there won't be any problems with this new one.

Dinner looked delicious again. I am sorry that service was so slow that evening. I love the Aladdin mural. I am glad that you made it to the show even if you had to sit in a different room.

Corinna

Usually I'm fine with whatever pace a meal is served, but we were all worried about missing the show. Thankfully we were still able to make it. We found out the next day Mike and Kathryn ended up leaving since they couldn't get into the room it was being done in. We had no problem having to watch it on the screens.

So glad that your server picked up the speed a bit :thumbsup2 I love when you make a request and they don't get at all offended, but in fact, are apologetic about it.

Dang! Must have been a fabulous show if it was completely filled up like that.

I had a bit of a glare on my computer screen and thought that the towel animal looked like Mickey's Sorcerer hat:confused3:lmao:

So glad that your server picked up the speed a bit :thumbsup2 I love when you make a request and they don't get at all offended, but in fact, are apologetic about it.

He felt so bad how things went that night, and apologized the next night too. Throughout the cruise he seemed very sensitive.

Dang! Must have been a fabulous show if it was completely filled up like that.

It was pretty funny, and the ventriloquism was amazing. He's supposedly the best in the world and has done shows for several presidents. I'd love to see him again some day.

I had a bit of a glare on my computer screen and thought that the towel animal looked like Mickey's Sorcerer hat:confused3:lmao:

It could very well have been a hat, we were quite perplexed :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter