Vsmile Pocket vs Leapster?

i just bought a vsmile pocket to replace my daughter's dropped-one-too-many-times leapster and i returned it 3 hours later. it was awful. the vsmile doesnt have any built in games, the buttons are weird, the picture SUCKS and the announcer has a weird accent. I went right back to the toy aisle and bought another leapster :)

btw ours lasted 1 year. and it was dropped a LOT

We have both in our house. My ds6 got the Leapster for his 4th birthday -- it's 2.5 years later and he still plays it often - even though he has a Gameboy that he got last year for Christmas. Dd4 just got the Vsmile Pocket for her birthday yesterday -- it is the BIG hit in the house right now -- even with ds6 - he told me he wanted one too. They are both good systems - both are educational. I do agree that the Leapster is easier to control and the graphics are clearer. Dd4 was having a hard time making the characters move but slowly she's getting used to it. It came with a Dora game and I bought her The Backyardigans - we had a bunch of the Vsmile games from the TV system we bought for ds when he was 3 that broke after 1 year of use.

I encourage anyone considering these devices to get a Leapster. My 5¾yo son got one for his 3rd birthday and has played with it every day - still his #1 toy. My 2½yo daughter got one a couple of months ago and loves it as well.

We've been pleased with just about every cartridge we've purchased. I scout for sales and rarely pay more than $15 each (sometimes as low as $7-8). We're a limited-media family, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Leapster to anyone... it's been a great addition to our arsenal. :thumbsup2

Great thread and glad to hear all the enthusiasm about the Leapster! My DD7 has a Pixter, which she loves, but I got a good deal on the Leapster L-Max, so decided to give that to her for Christmas this year. I've picked up a couple games on Amazon, TRU.com and the LeapFrog website. The latter, the Leapfrog.com site, is still offering their games for 25% off and free shipping on a $50+ order or $5 if it's less.

What exactly is the difference between the reg. Leapster & the L-Max?
Is it just the tv capability?

TIA!

Yup, that would it! The L-Max can be plugged into the tv. The games work in both.
Thank you! I wasn't sure about the games, but nice to know both version work in both units as well.

I bought the reg. Leapster & case today at Walmart and ordered some marked down games on amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter