VR-the Dress????

lynetteSC

Have you ever been BACK-DOORED?
For those of you doing Vow Renewals, what type of dress are you thinking of? We are doing a VR for our 20th next year - trying to decide what type of dress to do! Just wanted to see what others had in mind! :)

I'm doing a 20th VR also. I am looking for a wedding dress that is simple:upsidedow, but with some color. Gold/Silver. Kinda playing off the colors off the 20th yr of marriage.

Edit: We are planning to do it on DCL but have it more on the formal side

I had elaborate plans for a retro tiki look, complete with Alfred Shaheen-style sarong dress, for our VR at Aulani. But in the end I just went with a simple destination-style wedding dress so that our photos would look wedding-y enough to help other couples visualize doing a wedding or vow renewal at Aulani.

CP_333.jpg

For those of you doing Vow Renewals, what type of dress are you thinking of? We are doing a VR for our 20th next year - trying to decide what type of dress to do! Just wanted to see what others had in mind! :)

I think anything goes these days...I'm going with a full on long white gown with silver accents...:)

I went with an Alfred Angelo dress that was part of their destiny collection. It was short in the front and long in the back. LOVED IT!
218065_1035981253568_5118_n.jpg

I am planning a VR for my 10th most likely. I will either do a simple retro gown or a sweet chic short dress. I think you can do anything really, aside from a ball gown princess thing. Even if you wanted to do that who cares, even if etiquette says no. I would say something streamlined/destination or an evening type of thing would work as Carrie suggested.

Even something with a little color is fabulous!

Do NOT feel like you have to conform to any "rule" or etiquette for a Disney World VR. It's Disney and you should pick whatever dress makes you feel most magical.

For our first wedding I didn't have a real wedding dress at all, for our upcoming VR in December at WL I've chosen the Alfred Angelo Sleeping Beauty dress. I tried on all styles and the ballgown was the one that made me feel absolutely special. It's your day, go your own way! :cheer2:

I am not doing a vr but I have been married before and am looking for a princess dress that is short. Has anybody seen anything like that? I haven't found anything short that even resembles a princess dress. Having an Escape Wedding in Canada Pavillion and will be doing a lot of walking around so don't want a long dress that drags on the ground, but still want to look and feel like a princess.

I am not doing a vr but I have been married before and am looking for a princess dress that is short. Has anybody seen anything like that? I haven't found anything short that even resembles a princess dress. Having an Escape Wedding in Canada Pavillion and will be doing a lot of walking around so don't want a long dress that drags on the ground, but still want to look and feel like a princess.

Are you looking for a fit and flare type like this?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ted-bak..._sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_12_C

Have you considered finding a dress but having it shortened? Most dresses aren't super poufy without the crinoline so the right dress might be able to hemmed to the perfect length by a good seamstress and be nice and poufy. I think it could look so pretty! Good luck!

I am planning a VR for my 10th most likely. I will either do a simple retro gown or a sweet chic short dress. I think you can do anything really, aside from a ball gown princess thing. Even if you wanted to do that who cares, even if etiquette says no. I would say something streamlined/destination or an evening type of thing would work as Carrie suggested.

Even something with a little color is fabulous!

uh oh...I'm going to be 'that girl' :scared:n and wear a big princess dress for my VR...:rotfl2: I'm from Jersey... I can't help it that's just me. :rolleyes1 As far as etiquette I think that kind of has to go out the window as far as a VR is concerned. There are so many rules of etiquette that I'm sure every single VR bride is going to break at least one of them. I've heard so many things about dress, veil, the amount of years, veil etc. LOTS of 'rules'...too many actually.. Some may even scoff at a VR all together as not being very 'appropriate' but you know what...who cares what other people think...:confused3 right? I think if you are paying for a special moment for you and your spouse that's a beautiful thing and you do whatever you want:thumbsup2 To be honest when I bought the dress (my VR is two years away...:scared:) I was at first looking at a simple little short white dress but that's not me...and I thought...why wear something that isn't me just because someone might 'think' I was being tacky? Besides if someone is going to whisper behind your back about breaking rules of etiquette they certainly won't attend the VR at all...I say wear what is your taste, and what you like! The VR gowns pictured on this thread are GORGEOUS BTW...

OH no, I meant, that that is what "those other wedding boards" say about vr etiquette but I say do whatever you want. It is your day and a day for you and your husband to renew a very special bond between the two of you. You should celebrate it however you want!!!!! My VR will probably be frowned upon by the knot or whatever ;) Hey I am from Long Island so I feel ya....

There are no rules. My only rule is not to force people into coming to a VR (like family who felt like they needed to come to a wedding).Especially if you had a big wedding to begin with, especially if it a destination one. If it is small so be it.princess:

Carrie not sure if I told you yet, but I love your dress. You looked stunning! Jensey and Nathan did a wonderful job as usual. I will most likely try to use them for my VR this time around. Of course I have to wait a few years.....

For my vow renewal I wore a halter style dress with a train from David's Bridal. It was very simple in lines, basically an A line. I also wore a tiara (but not a veil). I didn't have a train on my original wedding dress so I wanted something different. I had a rather elegant affair, the grown up wedding I always dreamed of, so the dress fit the theme. I think if I can afford to do another one, I'd probably go much simpler with a destination wedding dress on the beach. But really what to wear depends on your style and what theme you want for your wedding.

OH no, I meant, that that is what "those other wedding boards" oe "etiquette" say about vr etiquette but I say do whatever you want. It is your day and a day for you and your husband to renew a very special bond between the two of you. You should celebrate it however you want!!!!! My VR will probably be frowned upon by the knot or whatever ;) Hey I am from Long Island so I feel ya....

There are no rules. My only rule is not to force people into coming to a VR (like family who felt like they needed to come to a wedding).Especially if you had a big wedding to begin with, especially if it a destination one. If it is small so be it.princess:

Carrie not sure if I told you yet, but I love your dress. You looked stunning! Jensey and Nathan did a wonderful job as usual. I will most likely try to use them for my VR this time around. Of course I have to wait a few years.....

Oh no...I just felt a need to 'confess'...that's just me...:rotfl: you're right about those 'other' boards etc. I googled 'VR' and someone literally tore someone apart bc she was having a VR after having a ceremony in a courthouse...she truly was vicious. YIKES!! My point is that no matter how 'classy' or 'by the book' you 'try' to be, someone 'will' scoff...sorry, but it's true, so may as well go 'full throttle' whatever you want, you know? I even thought about getting my princess dress hemmed to tea length, but then I realized I have two years to plan...woot!!!

I am wearing a bridesmaid dress that I special ordered in ivory. It is a wrap style with a v neck. I love it. Well I loved the one I tried! LOL Mine should be in this week. I cant wait to see it!!!
A few of the designers have bridesmaid dresses that come in white and ivory as well as other colors. I think you should wear whatever you want to wear to be yourself!!

Bethir tink gorgeous!!!!

Chickyroot I have 3 years so I am just
Inning away on pintrest lol. I was already married in WDW, so I am trying to have the opposite of my wedding !

Monami what a great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter