VQ que wait times lately

GreatAuntie

Earning My Ears
Are the que lines for Cosmic Rewind and Tron still pretty long after tapping in with your boarding group? Last year we waited about an hour. I'm wondering if wait times are still that long. We'll be there in early June.

It honestly depends on what VQ return time you're given. The earlier in the day, the shorter the wait. We've waited as little as 10 mins for each of 60+ mins. I'm not sure there is a way to predict what the wait will be.

I think it really varies on time of day and season. We visited last spring and one return time was around 11am, we tapped in for GoG and waited another 30 min, another time our bg was called back around 6p and we waited 10 min and it was a day apart, same for Tron. I think it just depends on the time your bg gets called.

We were there beginning of March. We rode GOG 6 times. It was pretty much 30-40 minutes. We did have one time it was lined up outside and it took about an hour. And once we got there a little after park open and if it wasn’t for the couple rooms where they stop you we could’ve walked right on the ride (there was no one in the boarding area when we got there). But it still took about 10-15 minutes to walk through the queue, see the preshow, and get on the ride.

Tron was about 45 minutes the three times we rode it. It felt longer though because the gog line feels like it moves where Tron just kind feels like you’re standing still most the time (well it did for us anyway).

We were there beginning of March. We rode GOG 6 times. It was pretty much 30-40 minutes. We did have one time it was lined up outside and it took about an hour. And once we got there a little after park open and if it wasn’t for the couple rooms where they stop you we could’ve walked right on the ride (there was no one in the boarding area when we got there). But it still took about 10-15 minutes to walk through the queue, see the preshow, and get on the ride.

Tron was about 45 minutes the three times we rode it. It felt longer though because the gog line feels like it moves where Tron just kind feels like you’re standing still most the time (well it did for us anyway).
Just curious, how do you ride it 6 times with no standby? 7amVQ and 1pm VQ for 3 days? Or two days plus LL$?

Just curious, how do you ride it 6 times with no standby? 7amVQ and 1pm VQ for 3 days? Or two days plus LL$?
We were there for 6 days and had hoppers. So we pretty much just went in to ride that two days and do nothing else. Then we had two Epcot days planned. Then on Monday we rode it twice. Once with the 7 am VQ and once with the 6 pm VQ. Didn’t ride it on Wednesday but we did Tron twice that day using the same 7/6 VQ.

Last edited:

The lower the boarding group, the shorter the wait. My boarding group for Cosmic Rewind last visit was 7, and we were called to board about 20 minutes before the park even opened. There was no wait beyond the time the pre-shows themselves pack in. Later in the day, as groups tend to bleed into one another, the waits can be longer.

That being said, I've never waited more than 15 minutes for either ride.

The lower the boarding group, the shorter the wait. My boarding group for Cosmic Rewind last visit was 7, and we were called to board about 20 minutes before the park even opened. There was no wait beyond the time the pre-shows themselves pack in. Later in the day, as groups tend to bleed into one another, the waits can be longer.

That being said, I've never waited more than 15 minutes for either ride.
U2 fan by chance?

https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/33691/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter