• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vow Renewal on Magic

firstcruiser

Mouseketeer
We're renewing our vows in August on the Magic. It says "concierge service" in the list of things you get with the package. For anyone who has done this -- do we get actual concierge service including check-in, boarding, Palo reservations, etc.?

Hi first cruiser. I am also renewing my vows on the Magic, but in December. Can you let me know how things went with you when you do yours. I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, from what I understand from Cathy( fairytale weddings coordinator and who i'm going through), she told me that we will have concierge service and a vow renewal coordinator on board at our beck and call(haha).

Thanks,
Lisa

Although this does NOT answer your question, I'd like to say that we were privileged to be in attendence recently at a wedding conducted on the Magic.

Yes, all reservations were handled by the concierge/wedding planner that we knew of.

The wedding planner Danielle was very efficient, attentive and seemed to have everything taken care of. Captain John's service was beautifullly worded and tender.

The wedding was held on a sea day in Sessions, with a large cake decorated with a Mickey and Minnie statue and lots of little touches (champagne, strawberries) and live pianist and photographer.

Very special, very beautiful and maybe something we'd do for a vow renewal if this was any indication as to what goes on.

What an experience and memory!

Rae

I couldn't agree more!

And vow renewals are exactly the same.....

IT was the most beautiful wedding we've ever been too, Matthew!
Again, thank you and Corinna sooooo very much!

Mom sends her love and Michael wants you to know that he really loves his horseback riding lessons. He says he is going to teach Franceska how to ride next cruise!!!!

Rae

Okay, we are doing the vow renewal package (in Sessions with Danielle as our on-board coordinator) on the May 24 Western cruise. I will let you know how it goes.

I'll share one comment now -- I was thinking vow renewal because we've been married 10 years and we have three kids and we're still going strong and all that is so cool. But we've had to think about all those wedding things -- most importantly vows! So we celebrated the anniversary -- our tenth last week. And now we're getting married again. Even if you're not doing a formal 'vow renewal' ceremony, everyone should write new vows on milestone anniversaries. It gets you thinking about all the right things!

Wish us luck (I guess that it continues). I will update you on the details later!

Susan - get a video recorder to tape your vow renewal. Or at least a copy of the Captain's ceremony. The words are so beautiful and appropriate.

And you are right 10 years, 3 kids and the Magic is still there - that does call for a big celebration!

Rae

Thank you, Rae, for your kind words. I am looking forward to hearing the captain's ceremony. We are writing brief vows to each other and I was wondering if we needed to provide anything to use in the ceremony. You have reassured me, and I am incredibly grateful for one less thing to worry about at this stage.

Rae, I have visited your daughter's site and was quite touched. Her picture looks even more angelic when I see it now. Oh, and a final note -- Happy Belated Birthday!

Congratulations Susan! I hope everything is perfect for you. We celebrated our 15th this month but I am surprising my hubby with a renewal on our cruise in August. We have two girls and are still going strong too. He keeps wanting to go to Vegas or something to renew our vows so I know he will be really excited. Please let me know how everything goes and if they will make all your spa and Palo reservations, etc. or if you have to go wait in line at both places, etc. Here's my e-mail: kmueth@atsystemsinc.com.
Thanks.

We were on the 4/26 Magic and had a chance while waiting for the shuttle after disembarking to talk to someone who had their vow renewal on our cruise. They couldn't have been happier or more pleased. They got to know the captain on the first day and had several chances to speak to him during the week. The gifts they got from Disney were unbelievable, the ceremony was very special and the concierge service meant they didn't have to wait in any reservation lines, had someone there day and night to get them whatever they might want and the wedding planner to make sure everything went smoothly.

Enjoy your renewal. My mind started working immediately on when we could do ours!

Susan -
Thanks for the belated birthday wishes! It was a grand one - although I am waiting for the BIG 50 celebration.
Also thanks for visiting Kayla's Memorial Site - she was a wonderful friend and best daughter anyone could have ever had. I always hope that people consider organ donation and then make an informed choice.

Regarding the vow renewal - I am sure there will be opportunity to say your own vows/words at the ceremony. Captain John does do an incredible job though.

If you have a video recorder, that would be a nice touch to add.
Also, if you have someone to take pictures. There is a professional photographer there also though.

The wedding ceremony we were invited to was at Sessions and there was a live pianist. There have been other weddings at St. Thomas (US Virgin Island) and Castaway Cay. I imagine they would do vow renewal anywhere you wanted (within reason!!)

I wish you the best of your years to come along with "appropriately timed grandchildren"!!!!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter