Vons Grocery Delivery

Setting up and ordering online was a very simple process.

I also called and asked about some particulars: you have until midnight the night before to go online and make any last minute adjustments to your order, or to cancel. You can cancel the day of delivery, but you need to call them instead of going online. Even though they ask for payment information at checkout, they do not charge the card until the day of delivery. :goodvibes

Our delivery is all set up for next Friday at the HoJo! It seems like this will all be smooth and easy.

It may be different for different delivery areas, but for me, I've always have until 3 a.m. on the day of delivery to cancel or change an order online (in fact, one time I had to edit an order at around 2:45 a.m., and I didn't need to call). I live in L.A., near Beverly Hills, so it may be slightly different for delivery areas in Orange County. Other areas/regions for delivery may require a midnight online deadline or a phone call.

They charge your card on the day your stuff is delivered, but the payment doesn't actually post for at least a couple of days, sometimes longer. It takes a while. And if you notice something is missing from your order, or if there is something incorrectly delivered or charged to you that you didn't order, call Vons immediately - as soon as you notice the mistake - because if they have to issue a refund to your card, sometimes it takes as long as a week for the credit to be given. But if you call within a couple of hours after delivery, usually the credit/refund to your account will post on the same exact day as the initial total posts. I have had my initial Vons total post on the same day as a $24 credit they had to give me.

So glad I found this thread! We are thinking of going on the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise and wanted to pick up some alcohol after arriving in LA. Originally I was going to take a cab to a grocery store nearby the hotel we are staying at the night before which was going to cost about $18-20 each way.

Do they have a good selection of beers?

So glad I found this thread! We are thinking of going on the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise and wanted to pick up some alcohol after arriving in LA. Originally I was going to take a cab to a grocery store nearby the hotel we are staying at the night before which was going to cost about $18-20 each way.

Do they have a good selection of beers?

I have never ordered alcohol from Vons to know if the selection is any good, but I think you can access the Vons/com website and see what they have available. Keep in mind that you do have to order a minimum of $50 worth of groceries, not including tax (if there is tax on the item), delivery charge and usually a very small fuel charge.

I just registered at Von's and your first delivery is free with the promo code they send you! Great, we are leaving in 29 days and can't wait to have our food waiting for us at the hotel!

So I went to the site to register, and I thought they would like my home address, but I guess they want the hotel address?

Great tip...we will definitely be doing this...will they deliver on sundays?

I just checked their website and it looks like they don't deliver on Sundays. I brought up a sample schedule to check the information. The one that I brought up is for 2 weeks from now, and I put in an Anaheim zip code to get the accurate information. As far as the schedule goes, I don't know if it is the same at different times of the year, but I imagine it is pretty consistent with no deliveries on Sunday. Hope this helps. :) I'm also not sure how to place your order when you are out of the USA. You will need a credit card to place the order and I'm not sure how that works when you are out of the country. I have seen some information on here about this, but I can't remember the details. Hopefully someone else can help. :)

http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp

We will be ordering for our up coming trip at the end of next month. We normally get a rental car, but since we are staying on site we see no need for the added cost of a car, and so getting some snacks, milk,etc.. will be helpful!

We just returned from a week at the Grand Californian. I checked with the hotel before we went and they said it was okay. Placed our order online and every thing was delivered the morning we arrived.
I sure liked having the groceries in the room each morning and evening.
All of the fruit was fresh and tasty, except for the oranges.
We'll try to do this next time too.

We have had no problem the last few years with Von's delivery, they will not sign for booze, you have to be there.

Jack

I was thinking about doing this- But I dont know how much stuff I can order that needs to be fridgerated because I dont know how big the fridge is. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn. Does anyone know? I want to order milk, yogurt, cheese, condiments (for sandwiches) and possibly fruit that will obviously all need to go in the fridge

I have ordered grocery's in the past, with many refrigerated items. The room, has a mini frig and it seems to hold quite a bit. Not enough room for a gallon of milk, just because of the size and shape but a half gallon, no problem. I didn't order groceries last year bc, I thought the hotel was having issues with this but, apparently not (only alcohol) so, I will give it another go this year. :goodvibes

I will be placing a order in just about 2 weeks for our trip. How soon should I put the order in and should I call GCH to let them know about a delivery or should I schedule a time that we will be in the room?

I know this is an old post, but so glad I read it! What a great idea! Even though we are driving down, I don't want to waste our non-Disneyland day with grocery shopping! We want to stroll DTD and go to Trader Sam's!

Thanks!!!!:woohoo:

How early should I can GCH to let them know about a delivery? What about delivery time? What time is too early?? I Was thinking maybe 10 but what if our room is avalible what will happen to food?

How early should I can GCH to let them know about a delivery? What about delivery time? What time is too early?? I Was thinking maybe 10 but what if our room is avalible what will happen to food?

We have always called the morning of arrival with the window time. Never failed yet.

Jack

We had them deliver last year to Hojo, we had beer and Capt. Morgan rum, Vons had no problem delivering to the front desk with out ever seeing me or DH.

Was this the Grand Cal.? I sure hope this is not the policy of the Disney property hotels. We will be checking in after the latest delivery time and had hoped bell services would recieve our delivery for us (which will include alcohol)

We just had groceries delivered to PPH. The bellman told us they don't like to accept alcohol without the guest present, because of some liability issue, but they did it anyway. Fwiw we hadn't checked in yet when the order was delivered.

We just had groceries delivered to PPH. The bellman told us they don't like to accept alcohol without the guest present, because of some liability issue, but they did it anyway. Fwiw we hadn't checked in yet when the order was delivered.

Surprized the bellman would risk his job like that. We have always been told no booze unless the guest is present.

Jack

We had groceries delivered from Vons to HoJos on the evening of Monday February 6 and had a good experience. We placed our order on Saturday February 4 and had many delivery windows to choose from. The great thing I found out from one of these threads is that Vons is basically the same store as Safeway and therefore our Safeway Club Card saved us some money on groceries. I was also able to save money on the free delivery with it being our first order.

We arrived at HoJos before our delivery time and the HoJos front desk said that Vons would deliver the groceries straight to our room. However, I decided to hang out in front and take the groceries up myself so the delivery person didn't have to. Our groceries arrived promptly within the window in many plastic grocery bags. In fact it made it look like we had ordered a ton of groceries when in reality there were only some sacks with one item in it (ie a package of string cheese in one grocery sack). Therefore, instead of tipping per a sack I tipped per the whole order. There were a few items missing from our order but we weren't charged for them (they were probably out of stock), or a couple of items were not the right size (ie we order a 16 oz container of cream cheese, received a 8 oz but only charged for a 8oz.)

Overall the experience was very good and I probably will use them again for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter