• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Von's Delivery Help Needed For A Canadian

WDWBOB1

Mouseketeer
I'm having problems with the Von site accepting my Canadian credit card in the zip code area. I've tried all the tricks... I have a secondary US address associated with my credit cards which should work but doesn't... I've done the 3 numbers from the poastal code and added 2 zeroes, didn't work. Tried the Grand Californian zip code, even tried my Amex card, zilch. Any ideas? If I can't get it to work is there a groceteria within walking distance to the Grand Californian?

WDWBOB1 said:
I'm having problems with the Von site accepting my Canadian credit card in the zip code area. I've tried all the tricks... I have a secondary US address associated with my credit cards which should work but doesn't... I've done the 3 numbers from the poastal code and added 2 zeroes, didn't work. Tried the Grand Californian zip code, even tried my Amex card, zilch. Any ideas? If I can't get it to work is there a groceteria within walking distance to the Grand Californian?

Have you called your credit card company and added the grand Cali address as your secondary address?

When I used my canadian amex I just used 92802 as my zip code and it worked for me. This was last summer though so things may have changed.

Thank you for the responses. The secondary address I use is for a friend's home in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Surprised it hasn't worked. I'll call the cc company asap and see if I can get the Grand Cali address added. Sure hope it works. It'll save us a lot of running around our first day.

Let me know how that works for you, I'm ordering Vons for my trip next month and will be changing the existing address of the Sheraton to the Hojo.

I'm not sure if this elucidates at all but thought I'd add it to the mix just in case. I was actually on the Vons site yesterday thinking about grocery delivery and emailed them and got this reply:

"As you have advised, you are a new Zealand resident. Unfortunately, our online system will not accept payment from a charge card with a postal code. You would need to make payment with a charge card that has a U.S. zip code. It may be possible your financial institution can assist you with this further. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. "

Hope you manage to resolve your problem. Seems like it's not going to be feasible for me, frustratingly.

Well I finally got the order through. It was via a backdoor method but it worked. I called the delivery phone number and was transferred to a person in Phoenix who was extremely helpful. I'm not sure what she did but she somehow was able to accept my credit card using an antiquated system that they don't use anymore. Not sure how this all happened, I'm just happy to be getting our groceries delivered on arrival day.

Well I finally got the order through. It was via a backdoor method but it worked. I called the delivery phone number and was transferred to a person in Phoenix who was extremely helpful. I'm not sure what she did but she somehow was able to accept my credit card using an antiquated system that they don't use anymore. Not sure how this all happened, I'm just happy to be getting our groceries delivered on arrival day.

I just finished giving it a try and it worked with my postal code and 00. I called my visa company and they said it has gone through but for $0.00... uh???

Maybe they don't actually charge the card until the day of delivery?

I just finished giving it a try and it worked with my postal code and 00. I called my visa company and they said it has gone through but for $0.00... uh???

Maybe they don't actually charge the card until the day of delivery?

They only charge the card once you get the groceries delivered, as some products may not be in stock, or if you selected substitutions, etc., prices vary. Really glad, OP, you got the credit card to go through ok, via phoning them. Good job!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter