Vons Delivery for Canadians tried the ###00 and no luck

sweethannah

Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!
Hiya!

I'm about to place my Vons delivery order and I was absolutely convinced I would have no trouble with my American $ Mastercard and using the A1B 2C3 = 12300 trick but no luck. I tried another credit card ( this one canadian ) and no luck. Does anybody else have any suggestions? I'm going to call their home delivery customer service number tomorrow to see if they can help but thought I'd try the all knowing here first :goodvibes

What the heck? The trick worked for me! Are you doing that backwards, should it be 000123? I can't recall, but ours worked in May. Good luck, and do you have other cards you can try? I think we did put 000's at the end though... strange! Please keep us posted. You might be able to try a 'Vanilla' prepaid card, not sure if you could or not.

Hiya!

I'm about to place my Vons delivery order and I was absolutely convinced I would have no trouble with my American $ Mastercard and using the A1B 2C3 = 12300 trick but no luck. I tried another credit card ( this one canadian ) and no luck. Does anybody else have any suggestions? I'm going to call their home delivery customer service number tomorrow to see if they can help but thought I'd try the all knowing here first :goodvibes

Okay, I have no idea what that trick is:confused3....what is the number trick and where are you suppose to put it?:wave2:

We are heading down October 5, 2012, and we are going to need groceries too!:scratchin

thanks!!! :goodvibes

I second the PP. We are headed down in November. Can someone let us know how we order from Canada?

I have a little bit of news to report:

First I had a phone call this morning from BMO fraud detection because of all the attempts I made last night to force my purchase through ;)

I'm glad they have such a system in place, kind of reassuring actually! She went ahead and unlocked my card and I thought that this would mean I would be able to put my order through but again, even with the zip/postal code trick* it still wouldn't work.

For those that don't know what we mean, a few users have had success by removing the letters of their postal code, and adding '00' to the end to have a 5 digit numeric 'zipcode' - A1B 2C3 becomes 12300 ?

Any so I called Vons customer service, she was very kind on the phone and anticipated my question - in other words she had obviously heard about this happening before from other customers. Needless to say she was very sorry but the system has to verify the correct postal code and the website is not set up to accept canadian postal codes and the trick I mentioned to her will not work.

I have no idea how others in the past have managed to do it -

I might have one last idea, something I read in a past thread about adding a temporary address to your credit card and using THAT as your delivery address. I will contact BMO later and let you know how it goes. I will add the address of our hotel as a temp billing address and use their information.

Just wanted to check in to this thread and report that the 00 trick seems to have worked for us. When registering the account I used the hotel's address, and when it prompted me for the zip code I used the three numbers from our postal code with 00 tacked on to the end.

Just wanted to add that I just tried this zip/postal code trick and it worked.

Removed the letters of my postal code, and adding '00' to the end to have a 5 digit numeric 'zipcode'

Ex: A1B 2C3 becomes 12300

***I tried just the first 5 digits of my postal code and it didnt work. Next I tried the above with my real postal code and "voila"

I have a little bit of news to report:

First I had a phone call this morning from BMO fraud detection because of all the attempts I made last night to force my purchase through ;)

I'm glad they have such a system in place, kind of reassuring actually! She went ahead and unlocked my card and I thought that this would mean I would be able to put my order through but again, even with the zip/postal code trick* it still wouldn't work.

For those that don't know what we mean, a few users have had success by removing the letters of their postal code, and adding '00' to the end to have a 5 digit numeric 'zipcode' - A1B 2C3 becomes 12300 ?

Any so I called Vons customer service, she was very kind on the phone and anticipated my question - in other words she had obviously heard about this happening before from other customers. Needless to say she was very sorry but the system has to verify the correct postal code and the website is not set up to accept canadian postal codes and the trick I mentioned to her will not work.

I have no idea how others in the past have managed to do it -

I might have one last idea, something I read in a past thread about adding a temporary address to your credit card and using THAT as your delivery address. I will contact BMO later and let you know how it goes. I will add the address of our hotel as a temp billing address and use their information.

hey neighbour! im in maple ridge.

Removed the letters of my postal code, and adding '00' to the end to have a 5 digit numeric 'zipcode'

Ex: A1B 2C3 becomes 12300

I find that really interesting that Visa & MasterCard's system would accept a zip code with two zeros on the end. The reason why this is interesting is that zip codes ending in two zeros are not used.

The first three digits of the zip code represent the postal region. For example, 928XX is Northern Orange County, California with its central post office sort facility in Anaheim. The last two digits are assigned to the post offices within the region. The first zip code in use in 928XX region is Central Anaheim, 92801. Disneyland is serviced by the South Anaheim post office - 92802. The zip code used by the USPS' central sort facility in Anaheim is 92899. Nobody has a zip code that ends in two zeros. Not even the President of the United States. His is 20501.

So why would Visa & Mastercard accept a zip code for which nobody has? Got me.

Rick - who used to live in V2Y 1Y1 but now calls 92647 his home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter