• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vons and GCH

dadofnicholas

Mouseketeer
I think I read somewhere that the GCH will hold groceries (no alcohol) if I am not present. Is that true? We arrive at SNA at 2pm on Sunday and was hoping to schedule a 2-3pm (latest window) delivery at the hotel. If this is the case, do they sign for it as well? Thanks!

I think I read somewhere that the GCH will hold groceries (no alcohol) if I am not present. Is that true? We arrive at SNA at 2pm on Sunday and was hoping to schedule a 2-3pm (latest window) delivery at the hotel. If this is the case, do they sign for it as well? Thanks!

As long as there is no booze they will sign for the food and store where appropriate. We always call the morning of the delivery as a heads up.

Jack

What if you have items that need refrigeration? Can you still have them delivered to Bell Services? Do they have a refrigerated area to store stuff?

What if you have items that need refrigeration? Can you still have them delivered to Bell Services? Do they have a refrigerated area to store stuff?

I have only had food delivered to the GCH and they have refrig. storage and put the items where appropriate. Called down and they brought all the items up after we had checked in.

Jack

We have done this with Vons and yes they refrig everything for us until our room is ready.

If you want booze wonderland mini mart is walking distance and they deliver to the local hotels too. DH has walked and they have decent wine/beer selection. Bottled water/soda and chips too.

When you check out on the Von’s website, do you simply add a note on the delivery instructions to “Hold at Bell Services for Guest Name”?
What do you do about tipping the delivery person? Or is that not customary?

Just confirming, do standard rooms at GCH have refrigerators? The Disney website says yes, but the superthread here mentions a 'minibar' for the standard rooms, but it doesn't actually say 'refrigerator' until talking about studios.

thanks!

I didn't put down any instructions except my reservation number. They hold it at Bell Services and refrigerate anything that requires it. They call you from Bell Services but keep an eye on your message light. The hotel staff brought up our order which is great because I had purchased 24 bottles of water. I tipped the hotel staff member for bringing up my order.

I didn't tip the Vons delivery person because I wasn't around... and even if I was, they just drop it off. I thought I read somewhere here that they do not accept tips or perhaps that was on Vons' website?

I was able to hit $49 for free delivery even though one of my items was out of stock so it was less than $49 but still no delivery charge. Of course, we are here for the week so $49 was easy. Also, the groceries here are cheaper relative to back home in Canada so more than happy to purchase the groceries here.

When you check out on the Von’s website, do you simply add a note on the delivery instructions to “Hold at Bell Services for Guest Name”?
What do you do about tipping the delivery person? Or is that not customary?

We got a standard room - I was thinking about upgrading to one with a view but glad I didn't because we are only in the room for an afternoon rest and at night to sleep.

Our room has an empty refrigerator - not a minibar. It's large enough for us. We keep milk, bottled waters, etc. You can also play with the racks if you have larger items or sizes.

Just confirming, do standard rooms at GCH have refrigerators? The Disney website says yes, but the superthread here mentions a 'minibar' for the standard rooms, but it doesn't actually say 'refrigerator' until talking about studios.

thanks!

I didn't put down any instructions except my reservation number. They hold it at Bell Services and refrigerate anything that requires it. They call you from Bell Services but keep an eye on your message light. The hotel staff brought up our order which is great because I had purchased 24 bottles of water. I tipped the hotel staff member for bringing up my order.

I didn't tip the Vons delivery person because I wasn't around... and even if I was, they just drop it off. I thought I read somewhere here that they do not accept tips or perhaps that was on Vons' website?

I was able to hit $49 for free delivery even though one of my items was out of stock so it was less than $49 but still no delivery charge. Of course, we are here for the week so $49 was easy. Also, the groceries here are cheaper relative to back home in Canada so more than happy to purchase the groceries here.

You are correct...Vons delivery people aren't allowed to accept tips.

One other note - I received a package from Amazon.com here as well and same thing -they just called me and delivered it. I have also ordered a kids luggage from Amazon.com so we can pack all the stuff we received (Mickey's Grand Welcome) and bought. Expect that before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter