Volunteering at a race event, need info

DawnM

DIS Veteran
I am reading that if you volunteer for a race you can get a free park ticket.

Can anyone explain what all is involved? Is it a 2 day volunteer thing or one day or what?

When does registration for volunteering open? Is it the same day the race registration opens? Do the slots fill up fast?

Thanks,

Dawn

Volunteering opens on a different date closer to the actual event. It can fill up fast as well and what's involved varies. They need volunteers for all the races and the expo and you choose what/when you volunteer. My understanding is you earn 1 point per hour volunteered and those hours convert to tickets if you have enough with the exception of the marathon which are longer shifts, but automatically get a ticket. I also think from what I read that the tickets are mailed later not handed out at the event.

Here's a link to the 2015 info: http://www.rundisney.com/volunteer/disneyworld-marathon/

At DL, you must either work two shifts or half marathon day to qualify for a ticket. If you work on half marathon day, they hand you the ticket. If you work two shifts (non-half marathon day), the tickets are mailed. Up until Avengers, they used to hand them out at the end of the second shift, but it became cumbersome, not to mention a few volunteers didn't follow the code of conduct. It is getting more difficult to volunteer because more people are trying to get tickets. If you have a particular assignment in mind, be prepared to sign up when registration opens. Some shifts start extremely early and they do provide a snack. There is a minimum age requirement.

Run Disney usually posts about volunteer signups on their Facebook page.

If you just go here you can select the event to see the specifics for it.

So by volunteering at the 5K in January I earned however many hours towards the 16 hours to get a ticket. If I had volunteered for the Half or Full it would have been different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter