• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VMK Reopening

Disney will never bring it back...
Why would Disney have a park like game when you go visit the real thing, for much more money? I loved VMK, It brought me awesome friendships, and the magic I needed at a crappy time in my life. The truth is that the Disney Company is a business... and the full purpose of a business is to make money. There is only a few kind hearted corporations that would rather give their money away to help their customers or cause. It's a cruel world... and CEO's rather have their Bonuses so they can pay off there 5 million dollar homes, and there fancy sports cars.... Not fair? Well they are human... we desire fabulous things to make us feel better about ourselves... They do it with a million dollars, and we do it with ten dollars...We also use helping others to make us feel better about ourselves. In his mind, making decisions for a huge company to make sure they don't go into the toilet is probably what he thinks is "helping others", so millions of people don't lose there jobs and people can enjoy their products. So he probably thinks he deserve his bonus.

If a vmk game ever came back, it would definitely be some how for profit... Disney isn't what we all think it is meant to be.... it's hard to accept, but it's the truth... Disney has created many magical memories for me, but at a hefty price... I will never hate Disney for closing down VMK, it was there choice and they thought it would be best for the company... If it is, it is... and if it isn't... then they are going to have to pay the consquences...

maybe one day, there will be a Disney CEO who will bring that Disney image that we want the Disney company to be, but right now it is what it is....

Why would Disney have a park like game when you go visit the real thing, for much more money? I loved VMK, It brought me awesome friendships, and the magic I needed at a crappy time in my life. The truth is that the Disney Company is a business... and the full purpose of a business is to make money. There is only a few kind hearted corporations that would rather give their money away to help their customers or cause. It's a cruel world... and CEO's rather have their Bonuses so they can pay off there 5 million dollar homes, and there fancy sports cars.... Not fair? Well they are human... we desire fabulous things to make us feel better about ourselves... They do it with a million dollars, and we do it with ten dollars...We also use helping others to make us feel better about ourselves. In his mind, making decisions for a huge company to make sure they don't go into the toilet is probably what he thinks is "helping others", so millions of people don't lose there jobs and people can enjoy their products. So he probably thinks he deserve his bonus.

If a vmk game ever came back, it would definitely be some how for profit... Disney isn't what we all think it is meant to be.... it's hard to accept, but it's the truth... Disney has created many magical memories for me, but at a hefty price... I will never hate Disney for closing down VMK, it was there choice and they thought it would be best for the company... If it is, it is... and if it isn't... then they are going to have to pay the consquences...

maybe one day, there will be a Disney CEO who will bring that Disney image that we want the Disney company to be, but right now it is what it is....
Well said, Alyssa. =D

And you still have the "HARK! I BELONG TO THE WHNL GANG!" in your signature? Wow, that brings back memories.

oh I know... i couldn't just delete it xD
We (Caitlin, you, and me) should really take another thread off topic for about 200 pages again. I tried to find that thread the other day, you know, for nostaliga's sake, and I couldn't find it. I hope that it was deleted somewhere down the line. XD

Well said, Alyssa. =D

And you still have the "HARK! I BELONG TO THE WHNL GANG!" in your signature? Wow, that brings back memories.

Well said, well understood, and yet wished that it weren't true.....

Thank you for that wonderful explination!

We (Caitlin, you, and me) should really take another thread off topic for about 200 pages again. I tried to find that thread the other day, you know, for nostaliga's sake, and I couldn't find it. I hope that it was deleted somewhere down the line. XD

Yeah, we should... but Caitlin's busy with her CP, I haven't talk to her for like over a week :(.... maybe one day in the future, for old times sake....

Thank you for that wonderful explination!

It really wasn't much, I was just tired of see the same post over and over again "VMK Reopening".... and just wanted to be the sort of voice of reason, that to just says the damn truth already... I would love to have VMK open again... Just the whole feel of the game was the best from what I have seen, but from Disney's side it wasn't help them financially. So why keep it around? The payment for the staff, servers, probably computers, building space, etc. (can you tell i just took a business class and a accounting class?). It may be hard to accept but we have to and move on, if we linger to much on the past, we never move on to the future. Heck who knows what Disney is brewing up... maybe they will have a VMK type game, that will be wicked cool... Who knows?! We just have to wait and find out.... I surely will be waiting what disney will bring up next.... **Prays for no more hannah montana and high school musicals (or College musicals haha)**..... um yeah...:rolleyes:

Yeah, we should... but Caitlin's busy with her CP, I haven't talk to her for like over a week :(.... maybe one day in the future, for old times sake....

I haven't talked to Cat since...I think September? Wow, it's been forever. Someday we will, and hey, we can even invite Derek/Skater. Just like the old times...*nostalgic*

It really wasn't much, I was just tired of see the same post over and over again "VMK Reopening".... and just wanted to be the sort of voice of reason, that to just says the damn truth already... I would love to have VMK open again... Just the whole feel of the game was the best from what I have seen, but from Disney's side it wasn't help them financially. So why keep it around? The payment for the staff, servers, probably computers, building space, etc. (can you tell i just took a business class and a accounting class?). It may be hard to accept but we have to and move on, if we linger to much on the past, we never move on to the future. Heck who knows what Disney is brewing up... maybe they will have a VMK type game, that will be wicked cool... Who knows?! We just have to wait and find out.... I surely will be waiting what disney will bring up next.... **Prays for no more hannah montana and high school musicals (or College musicals haha)**..... um yeah...:rolleyes:

I know, I am tired of seeing them too, I had and have hope but sitting here complaining about it and having people voice the same opinions and things in the same threads over and over is really getting annoying. No offense to anyone.

It really wasn't much, I was just tired of see the same post over and over again "VMK Reopening".... and just wanted to be the sort of voice of reason, that to just says the damn truth already... I would love to have VMK open again... Just the whole feel of the game was the best from what I have seen, but from Disney's side it wasn't help them financially. So why keep it around? The payment for the staff, servers, probably computers, building space, etc. (can you tell i just took a business class and a accounting class?). It may be hard to accept but we have to and move on, if we linger to much on the past, we never move on to the future. Heck who knows what Disney is brewing up... maybe they will have a VMK type game, that will be wicked cool... Who knows?! We just have to wait and find out.... I surely will be waiting what disney will bring up next.... **Prays for no more hannah montana and high school musicals (or College musicals haha)**..... um yeah...

Excellent explanation! But no need for the language ;)

I know, I am tired of seeing them too, I had and have hope but sitting here complaining about it and having people voice the same opinions and things in the same threads over and over is really getting annoying. No offense to anyone.

Remember I posted this thread back in at the beginning of November. There were tons of rumors still floating around back then.

I'm still wondering what that "Are you 23?" thing is. I highly doubt it has anything to do with VMK. I'm hoping for an online game. Something better than Pixies, Pirates, Penguins, and Toons.

I haven't talked to Cat since...I think September? Wow, it's been forever. Someday we will, and hey, we can even invite Derek/Skater. Just like the old times...*nostalgic*

WE totally should.....!!!!

Uh, dear... i think we are starting to do that to this thread..... we are just keeping old habits... oh goodness....

We (Caitlin, you, and me) should really take another thread off topic for about 200 pages again.
:offtopic: :lmao:

It really wasn't much, I was just tired of see the same post over and over again "VMK Reopening".... and just wanted to be the sort of voice of reason, that to just says the damn truth already... I would love to have VMK open again... Just the whole feel of the game was the best from what I have seen, but from Disney's side it wasn't help them financially. So why keep it around? The payment for the staff, servers, probably computers, building space, etc. (can you tell i just took a business class and a accounting class?). It may be hard to accept but we have to and move on, if we linger to much on the past, we never move on to the future. Heck who knows what Disney is brewing up... maybe they will have a VMK type game, that will be wicked cool... Who knows?! We just have to wait and find out.... I surely will be waiting what disney will bring up next.... **Prays for no more hannah montana and high school musicals (or College musicals haha)**..... um yeah...

I agree with your point that Disney is a company and they need to function as a business. All companies must look at the cash flow to survive. As far as VMK goes, it is very obvious that the closing effected many people and not in a positive light. Maybe I am a minority in this, but VMK did effect the amount of money that I spent on Disney. It spurred me to take as many as 3 trips in one year to the park and invest in Disney movies instead of others. Since VMK closed, our family has decided not to take our annual Feb trip for the first time in at least 5 years with none scheduled at the moment. Do we hate Disney? Heck no! Will we eventually return? Heck yeah! Will we ever visit at the frequency we did with VMK around? Probably not. Would we ever play another Disney online game? Unlikely. If the game could not pull it's weight for the company, I can understand them wanting to close it from a business point of view; however, the company did not bother to respond to any of the letters that were sent. That lack of response was a poor business decision. They took their fans and disregarded them. Do I hate Disney because of that?...How can you hate Disney? Nah, I'm just bitter at them and will get over it. In the meantime, they have lost my business, and I hope that one day the magic will return.

I agree with your point that Disney is a company and they need to function as a business. All companies must look at the cash flow to survive. As far as VMK goes, it is very obvious that the closing effected many people and not in a positive light. Maybe I am a minority in this, but VMK did effect the amount of money that I spent on Disney. It spurred me to take as many as 3 trips in one year to the park and invest in Disney movies instead of others. Since VMK closed, our family has decided not to take our annual Feb trip for the first time in at least 5 years with none scheduled at the moment. Do we hate Disney? Heck no! Will we eventually return? Heck yeah! Will we ever visit at the frequency we did with VMK around? Probably not. Would we ever play another Disney online game? Unlikely. If the game could not pull it's weight for the company, I can understand them wanting to close it from a business point of view; however, the company did not bother to respond to any of the letters that were sent. That lack of response was a poor business decision. They took their fans and disregarded them. Do I hate Disney because of that?...How can you hate Disney? Nah, I'm just bitter at them and will get over it. In the meantime, they have lost my business, and I hope that one day the magic will return.[/QUOTE]

Hard ot stay away from Disney, thanks for that though. Too bad we cant blame all their losing money at the moment because vmk closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter