VMK problems/vent

3gr8kids

<font color=red>I read it in the "Book of Suppose
Okay - I'm about at my wits end with VMK. WHY CAN'T I LOG ON????????

:badpc: I was able to join about two weeks ago, picked out a (really) cute person with a hip hairdo and cool outfit (with matching shoes of course, ha ha), played a few games, won a couple of pins, met some nice people, but now, everytime I try to play, after I type in my log-on and password, I either get
a - the plain black screen
b - the little bar that freezes about 1/4 of the way through
c - a pop up that says Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, then closes not only the VMK window, but my whole internet connection
or d - nothing at all

WHAT IS UP?????

I thought maybe it was just my home computer, but when I tried to log on at work, same things happened. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the shockwave player, I have tried running all of my scans/spyware utilities, I tried disabling third party stuff, and even doing a system restore to an earlier date.......but NOTHING WORKS!! I MISS MY CHARACTER!!

Any help/ideas/info/sympathy would be greatly appreciated! (oh, and thanks for letting me vent!)

~ Karla :wave2:

You might try reinstalling internet Explorer :) Also at my work the computer is only a Pentium 2 and I have problems logging on to. I can not play any of the games properly. Even jungle cruise the animals pop up to fast.So I just click jungle cruise and let by boat sail through the course without playing. Then start again. I still get 20 credits. My record is 45 jungle cruise in a day. (it took all day) :cool1: that is 900 credits for just pushing a start button. :bounce:

I'd like to suggest a whole new route, just for giggles.

Try Firefox, I've used that this entire time and only encountered a few problems-when others are encountering the same.

Also, whenever I get just the "black screen" instead of a load bar, I backspace out (to go back a screen) and re-log in. If that doesn't work, then I have to do a hard restart of my computer. No amount of cookie deleting seems to do the trick :)

Greatest of luck to you!

Karla I am having the same problems as you, most of the time I log in and the progress bar goes up to 1/4 or 1/2 way and then freezes, sometimes I would hit refesh and sometimes I would just log in all over again-NOTHING!
GBShorts- I have also downloaded firefox and tried that route and still nothing, I think I have figured out my problem not enough RAM, it doesn't make since to me that I was able to play for a few weeks and then all of a sudden nothing, but this is what I'm looking into now, the game requires 256MB or faster and I checked and our computer doesn't have enough now,so I understand that I can buy something to give me what I need. So you may want to look at the game requirments to see if that maybe your problem too-just a suggestion! Otherwise, I think I'm cursed!!!!

Yesterday this happened to me and I cannot get back on.

It has never happened before and yesterday was the first day since the beginning I have not been in VMK.

And I tried logging in hourly.

I tried again today.

I have uninstalled and reintalled shockwave, defragged, run my spy stuff again just to double check, emptied cookies, and NOTHING.

It is driving me to distraction.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions/ideas/support. :goodvibes Although I'm sorry some of you are having the same problems, it's so very nice to know I'm not alone in my VMK insanity. I will definitely try your suggestions and let you know how it goes!

Thanks again,

~ Karla :wave2:

As note, Windows NT (for player at work) is very unstable especially running this flash player. I keep getting physical memory dump after running awhile. as far as the black screen - sometimes it may open with time but I agree you will have more luck restarting the system.

I have the same problem when I am logged in on my account (WinXP) but not when using my husbands account. Very frustrating, un and re installing everything hasn't helped at all. I finally gave up and just log in hubby's so I can play VMK.
I need that fix of dancing at closing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter