• 20 - 25

• 26 - 34

• 35 - 44

• 45 - 55

• 56 -older

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
no need to share your age if you do not want.

I know we have done this one before but with a lot of new players and a lot gone now, time to do it again.

ok that gave my age away....:lmao:

Does it count that I am ancient but my hearts says I am a kid. The only place in the world you can go and let the inner child out is Disney and no one looks at you strangely. And two, for adults sometimes Disney means more to them than kids. With all the stresses we face everyday it is nice to know for a short period we can go and let the cares of the world disappear for that time. To relive that childhood memory that brings magic and awe back into our lives. And that is what VMK does for me a place to go when things are just too much. I am not a gamer the only computer game I play is VMK. And any site associated with VMK. Until VMK I had never played games on line. Maybe that is why it took my 10 months to get my first Fireworks pin lol. So instead of growing old and lame VMK has given me many computer skills :)

And the adult friends I have made are all awesome. So I think disney is missing the mark on not acknowledging especially moms that have learn to play video games with there kids because of this.

I think this poll would be more a Disboards demographic, not so much a true VMK demographic - since not all VMK players post here.

But it sure is interesting to see just who seems to be playing... :rolleyes1

wow just looking at the results so far, makes me want to set up one of those alcoholic slushy stands in VMK like they have in the World Showcase. I would be a rich Gnome!

wow just looking at the results so far, makes me want to set up one of those alcoholic slushy stands in VMK like they have in the World Showcase. I would be a rich Gnome!

- Hears voice coming from the unknown - If you build it... they will come!

I think I will build it next to the new Aengus statue in Adventureland just so i get the groupies business too!

I think I will build it next to the new Aengus statue in Adventureland just so i get the groupies business too!

Just on the other side of the epcot turnstile I put there when it ever comes out.. Woot 50 credits each visitor!!! $_$

ugh... should I report myself for going off topic??? LOL

No.me and Aengus == :rotfl:

:offtopic:

Uh... sorry... Uh Mal, Great Poll! Yeah, that's on topic! ;)

Acutally, I feel so left out. I'm at the top of my age bracket (34). In a few months I'll be 35 and could then join the majority. Ah well... left out again. :upsidedow

:lmao:

I think this poll would be more a Disboards demographic, not so much a true VMK demographic - since not all VMK players post here.

But it sure is interesting to see just who seems to be playing... :rolleyes1

what was I thinking...Of course that is true and goes without saying, I think alot would be curious to see how our VMK membership breaks down....if not well....:rolleyes1

Grumps-

As long as there are Mango Margarita's I am on board.:drinking1

Well One thing I notice that is different from the last poll. Instead of 30-40 you have 34-45 woot that should cover 85% dis players on VMK :)

Just yesterday I was talking to a new friend of mine. She asked my if I was ill. I said no, why? She replied, well you're not in school again today. I told her that I was at work. Of course I did not tell her my actual age but from this she decided I was much older than her and she was quite surprised. I don't think a lot of the kids playing realize that there are adults on vmk as much as there is. I don't know about during the evening because I only really play during the day at work. But it wouldn't surprise me if the survey was closer than you think to the actual vmk numbers. Me, myself, I don't think I will ever grow too old for the adventures of vmk or Disney, even as the "white" hairs keep popping up!! LOL

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: - buying stock in the gnome's business -

As stated this is more of a Dis demographic. DS 13 is the only one of my 3 kids who have a dis id, and he rarely plays anymore. If we were trustworthy to vote more than once to include all players (not vmk characters) who log on at least once/month in our households, the results would be different. My guess is that at least 1/3 are adults over 25. We often get into vmk, at least I did, checking it out for safety of our kids playing, then like the kraken sucks us to the bottom of the sea, real life is left floating above. :rotfl: I have mostly adults on my friend list because 1) I know them from here and most here are adults 2) chats reveal similarities including children such that I would want to be friends for future chats 3) I don't go into the multitude of what used to be boy meets girl or bay be or free items rooms where other tween/teens would go. Don't do game rooms either unless it's made by a friend and that's not usually falling chairs, where MY kids usually go. There are a LOT of those types of rooms that are popular, and I also get the surprised comments if I mention kids to a friend and someone else is in the room, so anyway.

Thanks for the reassurance that this 40 yo is only out of the norm for her real life friends, not her internet friends. :rolleyes:

Wow. And here I was, thinking I was pretty much ancient compared to everyone else. But now I find out that there are quite a few people older than me here. Now I don't feel so ashamed of saying my age :)

I'm 29, by the way :hippie:

No.me and Aengus == :rotfl:

:offtopic:

Uh... sorry... Uh Mal, Great Poll! Yeah, that's on topic! ;)

Acutally, I feel so left out. I'm at the top of my age bracket (34). In a few months I'll be 35 and could then join the majority. Ah well... left out again. :upsidedow

:lmao:

Hey. I'm right there with you. :)

As long as there are Mango Margarita's I am on board.:drinking1
Make mine a Kiwi Margarita, please. :drinking1

Back to the topic at hand...

(that's a switch: ME going back ON topic!)

My DH44, DD10 and DS 6 do not have DIS accounts so they cannot vote. Therefore, my vote is skewing the data.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my father was a Ph.D. statistician, can you tell?

Also, remember that most of the US has not come home from school yet. Check this voting out later this evening when both coasts are home and can vote. We don't have a lot of ppl from across the Pond who have voted yet, and those in the Pacific Rim area haven't even woken up yet!

Again, remember that parents who have DIS ids but not the other members of their households will not be properly representing their usage in this poll.

- Thanks, Dad, for my inability to just take this poll as it is intended! -

Oh, and Jeans, an olive in a bloody mary is just gross! Lots of horseradish and a celery stick!

Aww with all thses orders for drinks it takes me back to beta days Of surfer's place on VMK. And the white glove saying you can not say these words and some getting banned for short periods. Surfer if you every come over here just to read miss ya. And DisAlex hear he pops into VMK once and a while. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the good old days.

I like fiesta margarites :cool1:

I also have a DD 8 that plays and can't vote, although I might get her a DIS id for our cruise thread....

Wow, I didn't know so many OLD people were VMK'ers, LOL! :p I'm turning 19 this summer. :) Before I joined here I thought I was old for VMK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter