• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Viva Italia June 28, 2012

I haven't booked flights yet bit planning to come in a day early. How about you? And, how old are your kids?

We are coming in a day early, and have booked two post nights in Venice. My brother-in-law is going to be in Italy, and he is going to meet up with us in Venice. Glad to hear you're doing a pre-stay, your kids are older, but mine were beat our first day in London when we did Knights and Lights (and so was I!). Plus, I'm a worrier, and wanted to be there ahead of time, just in case.

We have a son who just turned 16 (finishing up 10th grade) and our daughter is 12, but will turn 13 while we're in Venice. She's finishing up 7th grade.

Where are you flying from? We're flying out of Buffalo, to Philly, and then non stop flights to and from Philly. Flights would be easier if we were closer to a city, but I'm thrilled to just have the one stop in Philly.

So glad to "meet" someone who will be on our trip. There are lots of tips on the board for ideas of what to do on pre- and post stays (and what to do on our "free" time).

We're within 70 days! Our trip is fairly full anyway, so I wasn't too worried about a cancellation, but it makes it seem even more real now. Can't wait.

I believe I read it here that sometimes the ABD guides will give On-Off Bus passes to the early arrivals.

You could jsut stay on and get a tour of the city. Might be a restful thing to do when still jet-lagged and knowing the following day will be a lot of walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter