Viva Italia 10-13-2011

beachcat

Mouseketeer
I just booked the Viva Italia Adventure for October 13, 2011. Is anyone else going on that adventure? Especially you Sam and Joanie!:cool1:

I just booked the Viva Italia Adventure for October 13, 2011. Is anyone else going on that adventure? Especially you Sam and Joanie!:cool1:

We'll be missing you by about 21 days beachcat, we'll be on the Sept. 22-30 Viva Italia. So I should have some REALLY updated info for you before your trip...LOL.

Hello Jim

We thought about the September trip but that is at the peak of hurricane season and we live too close to the water (which is great 99.9% of the time). Please do let me know who the guides are and if you have any recommendations for non-tour activities that would be great. We are planning on having two week in Italy and having never been there before, I am not sure what to do on the second non-tour week. There will be plenty of choices, I'm sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard

My Husband and I are considering this trip for 2012. I see you are in PA - wondering if you have sorted out flights yet? Any recommendations on best options from the area?

Does anyone have the address of the ABD hotel in Venice? There are several Hotel Dei Dogi in the Venice area according to Google Earth.

Fundamenta Madonna dell'Orto (Calle Larga Piave), 3500
30121, Venice

We're doing the ABD trip Sept 22nd

Wondering if the "signature" ABD trip is worth the extra $$? Anyone with information? Is one ABD Italian trip better then another? How does one decide?

Help!

Thinking of surprising my "Italian" husband with a trip to Italy next year for his 60th. Thought this might be the best way to go. Any input would be most appreciated.

Wondering if the "signature" ABD trip is worth the extra $$? Anyone with information? Is one ABD Italian trip better then another? How does one decide?

Help!

Thinking of surprising my "Italian" husband with a trip to Italy next year for his 60th. Thought this might be the best way to go. Any input would be most appreciated.

Can't answer your question, but I think this will be a REALLY fun party: group, and I will have just hit 62. We can celebrate together.

I don't think we are talking about the same time. I'm planning a 2012 trip. Just trying to get information on it well in advance. And it looks like there are going to be a bunch going this year. Can't wait to hear the feedback!

I don't think we are talking about the same time. I'm planning a 2012 trip. Just trying to get information on it well in advance. And it looks like there are going to be a bunch going this year. Can't wait to hear the feedback!
ShelleBell, if you check the Sticky at the top of this ABD forum, you'll find a few Trip Reports written about this trip from people who have already gone!

I'm going to add some information to your other thread!

Sayhello

Fundamenta Madonna dell'Orto (Calle Larga Piave), 3500
30121, Venice

We're doing the ABD trip Sept 22nd

Thank you for the address. I was able to find the hotel in the maze of Venice. I think I will take my GPS. Please let us know how your trip was.

On this adventure, we are flying into London then taking a series of trains to Rome with stops in Paris, Zurich and Milan. The train goes through the Alps for a great scenic tour.

Does anyone have a recommendation for good hotels in Paris and Milan near the train stations?

Thanks

rdh:cool1:

On this adventure, we are flying into London then taking a series of trains to Rome with stops in Paris, Zurich and Milan. The train goes through the Alps for a great scenic tour.

Does anyone have a recommendation for good hotels in Paris and Milan near the train stations?

Thanks

I don't have any idea about the hotels, sorry, but I just had to say, WHAT A COOL IDEA! That just sounds like a fabulous way to get there to me! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

I went to AAA (I'm so careful about adding the last A) :rotfl:, and they gave me a map with routes, stops, some pricing, etc. Times on there will be helpful since traveling at night greatly reduces the scenic part.

Will bring it along to Flower and Garden.

Check out www.seat61.com --- This guy guides you very well on the train trip. I'm just having a hard time figuring out good hotels near the train stations that won't break the bank.:scared1:

See you in 2 weeks..

I called ABD yesterday to check on number booked to date. I was told there are now 13 for this trip. She said 44 will be the max, and that normally, 50% filled will be a GO.

We have now booked 8 night Med cruise out of Venice to Barcelona followed by 13 night TA, Barcelona to New Orleans.

Keeping close watch on this over the next week or so since the woman at ABD indicated they usually have a flurry of activity as people receive IRS checks. Makes sense.

Keep in touch.:surfweb:

I've checked with ABD once again, and was told now 33% full.

Snow in PA and a nasty weather in FL. What's that :confused3 all about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter