• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vistana Resort

wnickles99

Earning My Ears
Hi, I just made a vacation to stay at the Vistana Resort on Lake buena Vista Drive a few days ago. Since then I have found this board and reviewed posts from the last year. I am a bit nervous now about the choice I have made, but still really exicted,.,,, I sensed the feeling that some rooms are run down like the courts, springs, or lakes while others are much better like cascades.... What are some of the experiences you have had at this resort? Both positive and negative is appreciated... Iw ill have a 3 year old and a 6 year old. Is this a place they will enjoy in your opinion or is it geared more toward older families? Did they have activities for families / kids? If so what? Thanks for any replies.
Walter

We'll be staying there for the first time this coming Saturday. We booked this resort because it seems to have SO much for children to do. Lots of kiddie pools. I called their Diamond Lane check in facility and requested the Cascades section but they couldn't promise me anything so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

We've stayed at Vistana twice and both time were in the Lakes section. We have never been disappointed. We've stayed at numerous resorts in Orlando and Vistana is one of our favorites. You can't beat the location either!

We stayed in the "Courts" in December and were very happy. I would stay at the resort again.

We've stayed at Vistana Resort every year for the past 9 or so years. You will LOVE it! If you are concerned about getting an older section (they are renovated on a frequent basis just to let you know), then request the Cascades which is the newest section. It's smaller than the other sections, but with 2 small children, it will be fine. They will love the Cascades pool (my children's favorite). They have lots of activities & games planned each day for families & children.

Have fun!!

Kimberly

We are also staying at the Vistana in March for the first time. I had requested Cascades section but now I am wondering if I should change my request. Everything I've read has said that the Cascades second bedroom is small. My kids are 9 & 10. Do you think we would be better off in a different section?

Is there a website that provides more information on the Vistana? How is the transportation to the Theme Parks and Water Parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter