• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vistana Resort - Cascades or Lakes?

Sallycat

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

We are leaving Saturday for a week's stay at the Vistana Resort. I'm wondering which section of the resort we want to request. I know that Cascades is a popular choice, but that the Lakes section has been very recently renovated (and looks great!).

We are traveling with our almost four-year-old daughter and I'm curious about pools, locations of the Cascades v. Lakes, etc. I can't find a resort map anywhere - I'm trying to gauge how close we'd be to an appropriate (kid-friendly, zero-entry) pool, etc. Anyone have any wisdom to share?

Thanks so much!

Amy

loved the lakes - don't remember a zero entry pool?

now it does have kiddie pools - at Courts, Falls, plus Springs - both older section.

the newer section are just regular pools.

okay found one near the lakes - at Fountain - so lakes is okay.

the cascades does have a kiddie pool.

but these are not zero entry pools. they are older than that. You want zero entry then only Disney - AKL, SSR, Polyn, GF

We own in the Cascades which we love. The pool is nice (gradual entry (no steps)) with a waterfall and sprayers. A lot of fun for the kids. We walked around all of the timeshare and nothing is too far. All pools are in walking distance. I can't remember the pools with their locations, but there are some simple pools, and then there's the Cascades one and another pool that has a pool volleyball net and a deeper pool in general. Near Cascades were tennis courts, volleyball courts, and mini golf. Nothing was too far, it just takes a few walks to find the shortcuts. Also, if you just want a place to relax, find a hammock early in the morning (located at various places, esp behind Cascades building on the pond) and watch the fish swimming or ducks and ducklings walk by. If you have some extra bread, you may want to bring that with you too! ;)

boy my memory is back - could have sworn I went down steps at the cascade pool - I know I did????

so where is the zero entry place?

Even though I do not have a picture of the pool, I have gone onto the website and found a partial picture of it. After clicking on this link, look in the guest gallery. There's a boy standing in the center of a picture alone with a green towel on. Click on that and it will maximize. You will then see the pool I am talking about. He is standing at the end where the water spouts are located and that is where it is zero entry. The rock wall behind him is the waterfall.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/photos/guest_gallery.html?propertyID=5608

There is a zero entry pool at the Fountains. It's right next to the Lakes. My girls loved it.

There is a small step in the Cascades pool but not it's not your normal pool steps.

There is a zero entry pool at the Fountains. It's right next to the Lakes. My girls loved it.

boy this is even worst - I was at the lakes and don't remember - well going back in May.

definitely will look around better and take notes. since I can't trust my memory any longer.

boy this is even worst - I was at the lakes and don't remember - well going back in May.

definitely will look around better and take notes. since I can't trust my memory any longer.

:lmao: Now you have me worried that I am remembering wrong.

I remember the Cascades pool. By the the little hut where you can purchase sunglasses/sunscreen...you can enter there and maybe take one tiny step in and walk around that area with the sprayers with water only being up to your ankles.

Zero depth entry pools are only at the Lakes and Cascades (all other sections have steps into pool).

I personally prefer the Lakes because it's quieter---in a less bustling part of the resort.

Here is the only map I have (Starwood took the maps, as well as the restaurant menus off their site awhle ago). The maps date back to like 1999/2000. The Cascades was still under construction.

http://www.tug1.net/pics/flpics/vista54.jpg

http://www.tug1.net/pics/flpics/vista53.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter