Vistana Resort ? about 2-bedroom

DeeCeeSW

DIS Veteran
Hi there,
Our vacation plans have changed (yet again) and we will now vacation in November instead of May. Vistana is offering 2-bedrooms for less than Orange Lake and I really do prefer staying at Vistana due to its location. We were in a 1-bedroom (in the larger side of a 2-bedroom lockoff) in Cascades last year and loved the location.

We are going thru RCI (Extra Vacations) and here is what's puzzling--there are three different two-bedroom units being offered at the same price. One is 6/4 occupancy, the next one is 6/6 and the third is 8/6. Now one might look at this and think to automatically take the largest unit, however, would this mean that I could be placed in any section of the resort? We will go from a Sat.-Sat.

We definitely want a 2-bedroom but do not want a lockoff (we will have a toddler in the 2nd bedroom). Is there any way to tell what section we would be placed in based on these occupancy numbers? Any advice on which to pick? Again, they are all being offered for the same price.

Thanks in advance.

Just read through some old posts--looks like I should pick the 8/6 after all. It looks like I may end up with Courts (!), but I will use Diamond Lane again and hope for the best!

One is 6/4 occupancy, the next one is 6/6 and the third is 8/6. Now one might look at this and think to automatically take the largest unit, however, would this mean that I could be placed in any section of the resort? We will go from a Sat.-Sat.
Hi DeeCee,
You would indeed pick the 8/6. The 6/6 is most likely the Falls and I can't imagine what the 6/4 is if you're looking at 2 bedrooms ? The 1 bedrooms sleep 4 (they each have 1 king bed in master bedroom and 1 fold-out couch).
The 8/6 villas are just about all on the resort (including the Courts). I would fill out the Diamond Lane form and request "dedicated 2 bedroom in Lakes or Cascades". I chose those two since your last stay was in the Cascades and you liked that section.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the info., Maria. Yes there was indeed a 6/4 listed as a two-bedroom option on the RCI website. I was confused by that as well. We did enjoy our 1-bedroom in Cascades last year and it was certainly big enough for us, but we figured we'd "splurge" on the two-bedroom (it's $110 more for the week).

Wow , thats a fabulous price. May I ask if the RCI extra week guest certificate (49 US) was on top of that price or was included in the $450 price.

Have a wonderful vacation!!!
Suzy

riu girl--the $49 fee was included in the price. I imagine that my dates are a factor as well as, of course, availability. Prices for a 2-bedroom in May at VR are going for $719 plus the fee but the are going for $300 less in November.

molly2004 said:
How do you become an RCI member? Do you have to own a timeshare?

Yes. You have to own one to join. If you later sell it, you can remain a member if you like. Dues are about $79 a year.

They offer some discounted rentals, but unless you used them a lot, you can find about the same things other places, so I wouldn't recommend membership for a non-timeshare owner.

Sheila

Wow, that is a truly incredible place. I haven't stayed there but the web site looks incredible.
Again, have a wonderful vacation.
suzy V

Option 1:

I can book the Sheraton Vistana through a friend who owns RCI through extra vactions. For a one bedroom 471-574 sq. ft (with full kitchen) the total price for 7 nights is approx. $353 US. For a 2 bedroom the total price for 7 nights is approx. $466 US. This includes the RCI guest certificate fee.

Option 2:
I can also stay at Orange Lake (which seems to offer a lot more activities including a weekly luau and beach camp fires plus is opening a 12 acre water park soon) for $447 US for a one bedroom 816 sq ft.with full kitchen. This is a price through an RCI friend also. This includes the RCI guest certificate fee.

Option 3:
Or I can bid on a ready set go auction (which are going for about $50 + $210 right now) on a one bedroom (with full kitchen, A unit) 1000 sq. ft. with jacuzzi bath tub at Vacation Vilage at Parkway.
Not much in the way of activities offered at this resort though but the condo itself looks amazing.

All we want to do in Orlando that week is have a lot of resort time and spend 2 full days at Seaworld. Then we are going to the beach (Siesta Key) for the following two weeks (just booked through an owner on vrbo.com). I know our holidays are strange since we don't go to theme parks every day but we are so used to Caribbean type beach holidays that we just want to relax/swim in great pools more then anything. Earlier this month we spent 8 nights in Disney (after 2 weeks at the beach) and did Disney parks 6 days. That was just too much for me. But on the other hand it was amazing that we were able to spend a lot of time at all four parks.

Are you at all familiar with the one bedroom units at Vistana? I have read on the starwood web site that the one bedrooms (with full kitchen) range in size from 471 - 574 sq. ft. That seems kind of small compared to Orange Lake and VV @ parkway. Another diser also indicated that all of the one bedrooms are located in the Lakes or Cascades sections. Do you know whether or not this is true???

At this point, I have no idea what option to choose. DH is pushing for Orange Lake since the activities look endless, but I am looking at vacation village at parkway since it will cost considerably less.

Suzy V

Another diser also indicated that all of the one bedrooms are located in the Lakes or Cascades sections. Do you know whether or not this is true???
I can confirm this to be true.

Well, after checking out the RCI extra vacations again (with my RCI friend), I thought more about the choice I made for the 2-bedroom villa at Vistana Resort and CHANGED MY MIND AGAIN! I have never been so indecisive. I decided to go with Vistana VILLAGES instead (2-bedroom) and will pay the same amount that I was going to for the Orange Lake 2-bedroom in May.

I guess I was a little nervous about ending up in a section other than Cascades or Lakes. We were in a 1-bedroom unit last October, in Cascades, but knew for sure we would be in a newer area (thanks to MiaSRN62). With Vistana Villages, I feel more secure about receiving a nice unit and location due to the difference in size and the resort's age. It's still Sheraton and looks like it's only 5 minutes further out than VR.

I am DONE making changes and this is my final choice (if I try to change now I will have to pay 30% of my total price to cancel and then book something else).

Does anyone have any recommendations for Vistana Villages ? :teeth:

DeeCeeSW said:
Well, after checking out the RCI extra vacations again (with my RCI friend), I thought more about the choice I made for the 2-bedroom villa at Vistana Resort and CHANGED MY MIND AGAIN! I have never been so indecisive. I decided to go with Vistana VILLAGES instead (2-bedroom) and will pay the same amount that I was going to for the Orange Lake 2-bedroom in May.

I guess I was a little nervous about ending up in a section other than Cascades or Lakes. We were in a 1-bedroom unit last October, in Cascades, but knew for sure we would be in a newer area (thanks to MiaSRN62). With Vistana Villages, I feel more secure about receiving a nice unit and location due to the difference in size and the resort's age. It's still Sheraton and looks like it's only 5 minutes further out than VR.

I am DONE making changes and this is my final choice (if I try to change now I will have to pay 30% of my total price to cancel and then book something else).

Does anyone have any recommendations for Vistana Villages ? :teeth:

Good for you!!! Vistana Villages is GORGEOUS. We are owners, and still haven't stayed there yet! I don't think there is a bad villa at the resort, since it's so new! The only DOWNSIDE to VV is the fact that there is no FULL SERVICE SIT DOWN RESTAURANT. They do have a quick deli-type place to get sandwiches and stuff like that, but no restaurant. HOWEVER due to its location on International Drive, you are close to WDW and close to all the restaurants International Drive has to offer!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!! :banana:

Thanks, Kim! I feel good about this choice and we are really looking forward to our trip. Not having a full service sit down restaurant won't really affect us. We usually grab something out of our resort and/or have lots of ADRs scheduled at the parks.

Only 10 more months to go, LOL!

DeeCee,
I'm sure you'll have a good time here as well. I have never seen VV, but hear it's very nice. Keep in mind, you can still use all the facilities at the main Vistana should you choose to. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter