Vista Gallery damaged merchandise problem

jaminmd

DIS Veteran
I'm just putting this out there for anyone who might make a purchase at the Vista Gallery and then run into problems.

I made a large purchase on my August cruise (approximately $1500-$1600). We received six of the wrapped canvas prints about a month later and they were perfect. I also ordered a framed print and that arrived about 2 weeks later.

The frame was damaged in two places. I paid $595 for that, plus $80 shipping. I emailed WDW merchandising several times and was always polite. The best response I could get was "we will get back to you in 3-5 days." That was weeks ago.

Last week I decided to dispute the charge with my credit card. Communication from WDW would have avoided this. I would have been happy to return it for a replacement. For $600, I expect a perfect frame, not a damaged one. They deal with damaged merchandise all the time, so I don't understand why my emails remain unanswered.

Just thought I'd share that. Not looking for anything free, just an undamaged frame so I can hang up a lovely picture.

Not that this is much help, but I just got off the Wonder and was talking with the CM in the gallery that I had bought a piece from about a month ago. I told her that the people at the WDW merchandise customer service number, on the receipt she gave me, had no idea what I was talking about when I called. After speaking with several people they admitted their computer systems did not have the info on the DCL Gallery purchases and they could not track my work. Turns out, at least for my piece, it had been shipped from the ship at a home port stop and info never sent to the WDW merchandise group as I had been told it would be.

I got my art in a reasonable time and in ok shape but couldn't track the package and make sure I would be home for the delivery. While much much better then the old company they had contracted out the gallery to, they still have a few kinks to work out.

Don't know if it would do any good, but you might trying called DCL and see if you can get a message to the DCL merchandise team. Let us know what you find out and good luck.

Thank you. That's excellent advice. I actually PM'd another DIS'er who had a problem with damaged merchandise and he did the same. I'll call them tomorrow.

Did you get anywhere with it after? I just had a picture arrive that i ordered at the Vista Gallery on the cruise line and was told it was duty and tax free, I asked because i live in Canada. When it arrived today, there were duty charges, and not only that the is a chip in the painting. kind of upset, not sure who to contact. or is there any point?

Did you get anywhere with it after? I just had a picture arrive that i ordered at the Vista Gallery on the cruise line and was told it was duty and tax free, I asked because i live in Canada. When it arrived today, there were duty charges, and not only that the is a chip in the painting. kind of upset, not sure who to contact. or is there any point?

I called on Monday and was promised a response and so far nothing. I'm not surprised. My dispute with the CC company is still open while they investigate. I cannot believe that it is this difficult to resolve a problem. I think they are expecting people to just roll over and give up but I have no plans to do so. That was a lot of money and I expect an undamaged frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter