• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visitor Toll Pass is back at MCO

We used it for our trip in early July. It was perfect! So happy this service is available.

Is MCO truly the only place where you can return the visitor toll pass? We are flying into MCO, so could pick one up there, but we will be flying out of Sanford. The website just lists MCO, but curious if anyone has any other suggestions.

I am in the process of purchasing an EZPass transponder. Is it easy to remove from one car to another?
Depends on the state.

Some (like FL) attach to the windshield with suction cups, so you can just pull it off your windshield and stick it on another.

Others use a Velcro or similar tape that you have to apply to the windshield and the back of the transponder. It's easy to take off and reattach to your own windshield once the tape is in place, but there's no place to stick it onto the windshield of a rental car. There are aftermarket holders with suction cups that you can buy, or you can just take your chances with laying it on the dashboard.

Is MCO truly the only place where you can return the visitor toll pass? We are flying into MCO, so could pick one up there, but we will be flying out of Sanford. The website just lists MCO, but curious if anyone has any other suggestions.
Currently, MCO is the only location.

There might be an option to mail it back, but I'm not sure about that. Or you can just keep it, and they will charge a $10 replacement fee to your credit card -- which overall might still be cheaper than using the rental car company's toll program.

Looking through the Visitor Toll Pass website I see they only operate out of A side. Is that still correct or is the website out of date and there are machines on both sides? That would be a deciding factor for me if I were flying in on Delta or one of the other airlines using the B side.

Looking through the Visitor Toll Pass website I see they only operate out of A side. Is that still correct or is the website out of date and there are machines on both sides? That would be a deciding factor for me if I were flying in on Delta or one of the other airlines using the B side.

That's correct as of 2 weeks ago. I flew Delta and I didn't realize I had to pickup on A side until after I checked in for my rental car in B and couldn't find the machine to pick up the pass. I checked their website and sure enough pickup in A only. They do have drop off boxes in B to return them. I ended up just paying cash at the tolls rather than wasting more time walking over to A to get it.

Last edited:
Last I knew, the car rental agencies were still only operating out of the A side. Has that changed?

I think since at least beginning of August, both sides A and B have rentals operating.

Does anyone have any experience with the Visitor toll pass and Budget car rental? I have a sunpass portable toll reader and when I rented from Budget they billed me and the toll was also taken by sunpass. It was a mess to straighten out. Budget calls the tolls a different name than Sunpass did so I had to prove that I couldn't have gone through the same toll within minutes of each other in the same vehicle to get my money back from Budget and the fee that was charged by them because I hadn't used the toll pass that they offered.

Just trying to extend my rental car options for December from just Alamo or Dollar, which I never have any problems with my Sunpass toll reader.

Does anyone have any experience with the Visitor toll pass and Budget car rental? I have a sunpass portable toll reader and when I rented from Budget they billed me and the toll was also taken by sunpass. It was a mess to straighten out. Budget calls the tolls a different name than Sunpass did so I had to prove that I couldn't have gone through the same toll within minutes of each other in the same vehicle to get my money back from Budget and the fee that was charged by them because I hadn't used the toll pass that they offered.

Just trying to extend my rental car options for December from just Alamo or Dollar, which I never have any problems with my Sunpass toll reader.
We don’t have experience with the Visitor Toll Pass, but we do have our own portable SunPass transponder. When we rented from Budget in November and March, we just made sure that Budget’s transponder was closed at all times and didn’t have any issues with duplicate tolls.

If we get one at MCO for our NASA day, will it automatically charge us on tolls we pass through on DME (assuming DME goes toll routes?). We are renting a car from the car care center for just one day mid trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter