Visiting Trader Sam's

chapie1968

DIS Veteran
It's been a long time since we drove to one of the resorts for a meal or such. Do we need to pay for Parking to visit Trader Sam's and then most likely do the monorail resort visits.

Do we need to pay for Parking to visit Trader Sam's and then most likely do the monorail resort visits.

Yes.

They might let you park to go to Trader Sam's, based on availability of parking. But that parking is intended for you only while on Poly grounds. If you want to wander the monorail, park at the TTC and get on the resort monorail there.

I guess it depends where you are coming from. If at a Disney resort, get to the MK and take a boat or monorail to the Poly for Trader Sams. My wife and I did just that to spend a couple of hours looking around the Poly (we hadn't been there since all the DVC changes) and having some libations at Trader Sams.

I guess it depends where you are coming from. If at a Disney resort, get to the MK and take a boat or monorail to the Poly for Trader Sams. My wife and I did just that to spend a couple of hours looking around the Poly (we hadn't been there since all the DVC changes) and having some libations at Trader Sams.
Staying offsite, that is why I was asking about paying for parking. I know if we were on site we would not have to pay for parking. I would drive anyway unless I was at another monorail resort. I can't stand Disney buses.

I believe that if you come in the "side" entrance that takes you past Fort Wilderness, etc., you end up on World Drive past the Toll Plaza that will take you to the MK resorts but not the main parking lots for the MK. In years past when staying at Port Orleans and having a dining reservation at the Poly we did it this way and bypassed the toll plaza.

Confirming via Google Maps...take Bonnet Creek Parkway past Old Key West and Port Orleans to the intersection with Vista Blvd.; hang a left and go past Golden Oak and Fort Wilderness. At the end it dumps you out on World Drive. Way back when they used to have a guard booth on Bonnet Creek Parkway just before Fort Wilderness to only let Disney Guests through, but that's been gone for a long time now.

You don't have to pay if you are just going to the Poly. You stay to the far far right when going through the toll plaza and let them know you are going to the Polynesian. They will direct you how to get there and send you on your way.

Now if when you arrive at the Poly the guard says there is no parking left for visitors they may send you back to the TTC or say you can park valet. If you don't want to park valet then you'll have to head out back to the TTC. If you are visiting the different monorail resorts and not just the Poly it is preferred that you move your car to each new resort so that you free up a "visitor" parking space for someone who may have a dinning reservation.

As of now Disney is not charging for hotel parking for visitors but there was a test at the Contemporary awhile ago so you never know if that might change before your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter