• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visiting Tallahassee

JohnsonsRUs

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting relatives in Tallahassee for a few days the end of August. Can anyone help with things to do/see?

The Capital building is pretty cool (the new one as well as the old one). There is a great children's museum. Our fave thing though is to go south of Tallahassee to Wakulla Springs...a beautiful spring/ swimming area with fun platforms to jump off of, glass bottom boat rides, and more! It can get VERY crowded on the weekends, however! It would prob. be nice during the week. :goodvibes

If you guys like pizza, you have to check out MoMos (on Tennessee St. near the FSU campus)...they advertise "pizza as big as your head" and they are not lying! It's an institution!

I'm sure I'll think of more. There's a sinkhole somewhere on the outskirts of Tally that lots of my friends loved...but I can't remember what the place is called!:scared1:

All of the things the previous poster mentioned are great. I grew up in Tallahassee, so I'm super familiar with the area. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message and I will help you as much as possible.

Tallahassee is an available city on Groupon. That's a good site to get some good deals on things to do and places to eat in town.

Tallahassee is a big college town (Florida State) so there are a lot of activities surrounding the games, but also a lot of traffic issues. If you are in town on a game weekend, they have a Downtown Getdown the Friday night before the game at Kleman Plaza which is like a mini-festival with vendors, live music, and pep rallies. Sept 3 is the first home game, so keep that in mind if you're still in town for that.

Kleman Plaza is also home to the Challenger Learning Center/IMAX theater which has some neat things to see. There is the Junior Museum, which is good for kids. If you can, take a tour of the Capitol, especially if you can go up to the top of the new Capitol. You can see the entire city from there. Wakulla Springs was a fantastic suggestion as was the Leon Sinks. MoMos pizza is great and the pizzas are HUGE.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. The state parks that were recommended look awesome, we may have to do the tubing trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter