• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visiting Resorts- do I have to pay to park?

Looking to do some resort hopping this trip and I noticed that effective March this year there will be a fee to park at the resorts.

Can you get a 2 hour pass for just visiting resorts?

That is a little ambiguous. how do you know what restaurants qualify or how do you prove you are shopping.
Disney nickel and diming everyone to death these days. I long for the old days with less resorts, less parks and less confusion. Much more relaxing visit and more enjoyable. Today it is a chore to have to book every day and night on vacation 9 months in advance. Ok enough of my rant

That is a little ambiguous. how do you know what restaurants qualify or how do you prove you are shopping.
Disney nickel and diming everyone to death these days. I long for the old days with less resorts, less parks and less confusion. Much more relaxing visit and more enjoyable. Today it is a chore to have to book every day and night on vacation 9 months in advance. Ok enough of my rant
Even resort guests must now pay to park at their own resorts, as well as Annual Passholders. You might want to consider taking Disney transportation, which is free, and leave your car at a place where you can pick up the transportation. The other option would be to use Uber or Lyft.

Paying for resort parking is not uncommon. As a matter of fact, Disney is late to the game. The Swan and Dolphin have charged for parking (and more than Disney charges), for a long time. I believe value and some moderate non-Disney, off-site hotels may be the only ones with “free” parking.

Due to continued construction around the resorts, the number of resort parking spaces continues to decrease. The parking fees help to reduce the demand, and somewhat help accommodate those guests who absolutely need to park at their resort. Of course, Disney could limit on-site parking to their overnight guests, only.

You may be denied parking at monorail resorts. We wanted to look at the gingerbread house at the GF and were told we could not park there. They directed us to the MK parking lot (we were resort guests so would not have to pay) and told to take the monorail. This was mid December, not a terribly busy day at the parks.

They're more sympathetic to parking there if you have an ADR. We were never turned away Christmas week parking at the resorts, but we always had a dining reservation.

You do not have to pay to park if you are visiting a resort. If you have a car & are staying on property you now pay a parking fee for your car per night of the resort stay @ the resort you are staying at. Depending on which resorts you'd like to visit & time of year some will limit visitor parking (ex: CR/BLT, Poly, BW, BC) due to crowds but as of today if you are visiting a resort that lets you park you won't be charged a fee for stopping by the resort.

You may be denied parking at monorail resorts. We wanted to look at the gingerbread house at the GF and were told we could not park there. They directed us to the MK parking lot (we were resort guests so would not have to pay) and told to take the monorail. This was mid December, not a terribly busy day at the parks.
Same with BW/Epcot resorts.

I have to agree with minijeanie about the planning. The first few years of FP and dining, I enjoyed making the plans, but I am starting to find it a bit of a pain to be honest-Now I'm feeling the attitude of where do I know where I am going to want to eat in 6 months, or what park or rides I want to do? I know though, if you don't make plans, it will be difficult to get into a sit down restaurant for dinner, or be able to ride some of the more popular rides. I personally enjoy Disney more than Universal, I love Disney resorts (we rent points), and just the whole atmosphere, but Universal is much easier to plan I feel-ok now my rant is over as well, lol!

We are not staying onsite. We are only in Orlando for 2 nights after coming off a cruise. There are 7 of us with a van. We have reservations for CG on July 16th for dinner at 7:45 pm. I was hoping to go To WL and stop in for a drink then park probably in poly and visit the monorail resorts ending up dinner at CG. I know I can valet at CG but i think my time is limited to 3 hours and we would be spending more time than that. My other option was to park in DS and take the bus but thinking that would be time consuming. Ubering would take at least 2 cars with 7 people so I am just trying to figure out the best plan offering most economical with least amount of time.
thanks for your feedback

We are not staying onsite. We are only in Orlando for 2 nights after coming off a cruise. There are 7 of us with a van. We have reservations for CG on July 16th for dinner at 7:45 pm. I was hoping to go To WL and stop in for a drink then park probably in poly and visit the monorail resorts ending up dinner at CG. I know I can valet at CG but i think my time is limited to 3 hours and we would be spending more time than that. My other option was to park in DS and take the bus but thinking that would be time consuming. Ubering would take at least 2 cars with 7 people so I am just trying to figure out the best plan offering most economical with least amount of time.
thanks for your feedback

With an ADR at CG you are legitimately allowed to park at Contemporary/Baylake. Why not just park there and boat to WL for your drink and monorail around to the rest of the resorts if you desire.

With an ADR at CG you are legitimately allowed to park at Contemporary/Baylake. Why not just park there and boat to WL for your drink and monorail around to the rest of the resorts if you desire.
I called resort and they said no more than 3 hours am i allowed to park at resort

thanks for your feedback

If you pay to valet at CR, you can stay as long as you want. The 3-hour limit is for free parking.

The problem isn't Disney, it's the people going to Disney who are willing to pay for all this. Supply and demand. You want to cut the supply (less resorts & less parks), but the demand isn't going away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter