• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visiting Knotts Berry Farm on next trip to Disneyland

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting Knotts on our upcoming trip to Disneyland on July 9th. Does anyone know what the crowds are like at Knotts during the week? We have only been there when school is in session. Not during summer break.

We were there during the first Mon of June. While the family crowds were light the school crowds were NUTS. I don't think that will be your experience though considering how much later you are going. We knew ahead of time what popular attractions we wanted to hit and did those first thing (the 3D shoot-the-sea monster is the newest attraction). If you're concerned about wait times they did offer a ticket upgrade that is a front of the line pass to select attractions, we didn't do that as rollar coasters weren't what we were after but if you're wanting to hit up all the rollar coasters I would definitely check that out.

If you are going during the week it won't be bad. It's not like Disney or Universal studios when it comes to crowds. We go during the summer & during the week & it wasn't too crowded. I don't remember having to wait long for anything but the rapids ride as it was hot outside. Also the line for ghost rider can get long too. Just go early & plan & you will be fine.

I assume that no matter what, it wont be as aweome as it is when we go the week before thanksgiving every year, when school is still in session. It's awesome then. Sometimes it feels like we are the only family there and the ride operators just ask us if we want to go around again without getting off! We love it!

We Usually go in April, and on a spring break weekend , crazy! On a week day just after spring break it was walk on. You can purchase a front line ticket, which allows you to enter through The exit and get on straight away. My famliy did that one year, and it was awesome. Last time we were there if it off season and they didn't sell it. But as I said we walked on pretty much everthing anyway. If I was there in July on a weekday I would still consider using the front line pass, as there are no fast passes and you may still have a long line for the bigger coaster which will eat into your day.

We went a couple years ago on a summer Friday. It was busy but not too bad. Hit the big rides like Ghostrider, Silver Bullet, Xcelerator early in the day, plus the Supreme Scream drop tower (horribly slow loader, low capacity). The crowds got bigger and younger in the evening as lots of locals arrived with their annual passes, especially since it was Friday.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter