Visiting Kennedy Space Center?

Fionasmommy

DIS Veteran
We'd really like to visit Kennedy Space Center on our next trip. DD5 is obsessed with space, and I think she'd just love it! I reserved a rental car and we're planning to do it as a day trip.

If anyone has been there, I'd appreciate any advice.thoughts on getting there, the best things to see at the Center, anything else to do in the vicinity, etc.

Since we'll have the car, we're also thinking about seeing Sea World the following day. Is that worth a visit or is there anything else nearby that might be more fun for a kid?

TIA!!

We went in May and loved it. Amazing center with lots to see. It's an easy drive from WDW. We took the Beeline highway... probably a bit over an hour to drive.

My DDs are 12 and 17, and they really enjoyed the whole space center. They have a ton of exhibits and we even saw the current shuttle out on the pad (the one they've been trying to launch these past 2 days)

I'm really glad we went and both kids have mentioned wanting to see it again.

:thumbsup2

Cool! I'm so glad to hear that your kids enjoyed it! It sounds like it's close enough, and maybe we can see Cocoa Beach on the way back. :thumbsup2

Make sure you get a combo ticket that includes the astronauts hall of fame just up the street, lot's of cool simulators and activities(even for little ones!!) It's only a few dollars more with the space center tour but i enjoyed it twice as much. Cocoa is nice but it's no Daytona!!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter