Visiting in February

RSykes

Earning My Ears
Those who have visited in the colder months, did you utilize the resort pools at all? We will be there from 2/11 - 2/19 and can't imagine wanting to hop in a pool around that time, but I'm sure my kids will probably object, if we don't. I'm not a fan of cold weather, and consider anything below 70 degrees cold!
Also, no idea how to pack, clothes wise for this trip. Would it eventually get hot in the afternoons wearing jeans all day? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

We have been there a few times in February. The pools are heated so we did use them but we are from upstate ny so by February 70 seems warm:) You will need layers, sweatshirts and jeans as mornings and evenings can be chilly. Shorts too, as the weather can vary a lot.

The temperatures at that time of year can be anywhere between 20 degrees and 90 degrees. You have to plan for anything. I've lived in Florida for 32 years and can't tell you what the weather will be like. As pp said, layers. We will be at WDW the first week of February, I will consult the weather forecast right before we go. To be honest, I hope it is cool to cold. I'm sick of the heat.

Last edited:
My son and I will go swimming at WDW as long as it is above 50 (and have multiple times in the 50s). My wife, only if it's above 75.

We were there in early February and were blessed to have 3 days in the high 70s/low 80s - we definitely used the pool!

Tom

We usually go in February (going the last week in January this year). It's usually 70s during the day and then chilly enough to need a sweatshirt or fleece in the evening (and morning). We did swim last time, and the pools are heated, but we froze our butts off when we got out! I was determined not to miss out on the pool though :) We do typically pack shorts and short sleeved shirts, but definitely pack some jeans and sweatshirts as well. We've been pretty lucky with the weather, we've gone 3 times now in February and weather has always been relatively mild. Just keep an eye on the 10 day forecast before you go!

We had mid 80s the first 2 days, then 60s & drizzling rain the other 3. Hoping for just 6 fairly dry days this trip!

we had gone a few years ago for the Princess Marathon (end of Feb).. the weather was perfect! We went last year in August :crazy2:.....our trip this year will be in February :flower:

I was there 2010 on February and I thought it was cold and I'm from Western pa, it gets quite cold here. I am thinking layers will be your best bet. Don't take a page out of my book and wear flip flops. Oh...to be young and dumb again:sad:

as everyone else said, it can vary. our worst trip was dec 2010, it was unusually cold on a few days and we had many layers on and they still were not enough (and we are from pa and don't get cold too easily). we have also been in jan and feb (and a different dec trip) and the weather was mild, we wore shorts and short sleeves. plan on packing a variety. i hope to return this winter, for the first winter trip in years, and i plan to bring my thin north face just in case. it won't take up much room and if i need it i will be glad i have it.

I was there this year Feb 19-23 for the Princess Half Marathon weekend. It was downright cold in the mornings (low 30's!!!!). Bring clothes for cold & hot temps. Wear layers so as it warms up you can remove clothing. The pools are heated and my kids used them. I used the hot tub.

I feel like it's hard to pack when you go Nov-early March! We've been all of those times except Dec. Our Feb. trip was the 8-18th 2014 and most of the trip was pretty freakin' cold. We're from NY also and we left temps below 20 so while it was warmer in Fla., we were still pretty much freezing with high's during the days in the high 40's/low 50's. It doesn't sound all that cold but when you're out in it for 8-10 hours and the wind is blowing, it takes it toll, especially if you don't bring long sleeves, sweatshirts, etc. At night the lows were in the low 30's. On our last day, the 18th, it finally got into the low 70's!! We were in the parks until about 2:00 in jeans and were getting warm.
The year before in Feb. our friends had days in the '80's. Unfortunately not a month you can pack light in; have to be ready for everything!

I've been going in February for the past three years. The first year had mid- to upper 80 days, the second year was upper 70s to low 80s. Last year was mid- 60s to low 70s with some rain. You NEVER can tell what's going to happen. But with heated pools, who cares what the outside temp is, as long as it's partly sunny.

We have been the last four February President's week and have had varied experiences. Last year, I regretted not bringing my winter coat (and I live in Maine, so it is a really warm coat!) It was 32 degrees while I was on SDMT. Brr! That said, my kids did swim two days that trip. I made it into the hot tub. Other trips have been much warmer. I often start the day in pants, or layered skirt with leggings, and end with just t-shirt and skirt. The key is to be prepared. You should bring a hat and gloves (my dh had to buy some the one year he did not bring any), you should bring t-shirts and swimsuits on the other end of the spectrum. Next time I go in Feb., I will go ahead and wear a winter coat on the plane…it's cold where I get on and I will prefer to ride the coasters while toasty warm should it ever reach crazy lows like that again. Worse case scenario, you end up with a coat in your closet at the resort!

Thanks so much for all of the helpful info! Bigger suitcases for each of us, it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter