Visiting from US - How far in advance do you plan?

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

DIS Veteran
It's my dream to renew my wedding vows in Paris. Our 10th wedding anniversary will be in 2017 and I told H that we WILL be coming to Paris :)

He said he wants to bring the kids (they will be 6, 8 & 11).

My ideal plan is to do 3 days in Paris (Sat, Sun, Mon), 2 days in Disney (Tue & Wed), and 1 day in Versailles (Thur). The 6th day (Fri) is our actual 10th anniversary and will be spent on our renewal/meal/photos.

I know it's crazy to think of what we'll be doing 2 years from now, but I'm used to booking my WDW vacations a year or more out.

I'm already starting to save (5 round trip flights-- eeeeek!) but I don't have a clue what this is going to cost me.

The trip will be April 15-22, 2017.

Any help is greatly appreciated -- I am a master WDW vacation planner, but I'm lost on this!

What she said! I am also the family planner and it killed me to have to wait, but in the end I didn't even make one--wait for it-- ADR! We did them all at the hotel when we arrived! A little off topic, but FYI, we also took our three kids to Paris (and elsewhere) last summer and we rented an apartment right in Le Marais for a fraction of what we would have paid for two hotel rooms. I loved having the space and the kitchen and I highly recommend you looking into doing the same. We used vrbo.com. I will even give you are exact address we stayed in if you are interested! It was amazing! You can see pics in my blog linked below if you go to the "Paris" tag at the top.

Have fun planning, but you'll have to wait a while.

Too early to book things perhaps but never too early to plan.

We're already planning our 2021 10th anniversary to DLR/Aulani. And I'm always planning my next WDW trip even if it's not got a confirmed date yet!

It's super fun researching.

I say get stuck in! Knowledge is power. X

The most complicated thing to plan will be your vow renewal as (a) it's not something that is commonally done here and (b) there are very strict residency rules and conditions to be met for marriage in France.

Have you decided where you wish to do it ? :goodvibes

It's not a marriage though so I imagine a VR won't require rules etc to be met. X

It's not a marriage though so I imagine a VR won't require rules etc to be met. X

You would be suprised...French bureaucy is something else ....that's why I was asking where they were thinking of doing it. :goodvibes

Vow renewals aren't a real thing so there's no restrictions. We're looking at the American Church in Paris or using a service that does that at the base of the eiffel tower.

Your going to be there the week of the 25th anniversary so if your looking to stay on site at DLP in a Disney hotel I would book your accommodation the week that date becomes available as I expect that week will be busy.

Vow renewals aren't a real thing so there's no restrictions. We're looking at the American Church in Paris or using a service that does that at the base of the eiffel tower.

That's good then :thumbsup2 I'd go with the American church rather than the ET if that's your choices as at the ET there's all the beggars, scam artists and armed military wandering around so hardly a romantic setting

I think your biggest planning challenge are the flights. As soon as you've booked those, you could plan things as the hotels and such. But I'd start with the flights! Sometimes, arriving one day or the other makes a huge difference. So I would like to be certain of that first. For DLP, booking a few months on forehand is fine (I'd say max. 1 year ahead).

Good luck planning! :yay:

FYI, and you may know this, but something that I did not know before planning our trip is as a US citizen you can still book your time at DLP through other countries' sites. We got a MUCH better deal booking through the UK site and I've read of others doing it on here, too. You just leave the country alone when putting in your address!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter