• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

visiting DLR with a family of 6 questions

kailuagirl

DIS Veteran
There are only 3 of us, so I have no clue….. My cousin is planning on taking his family to DLR - 4 adults, 2 kids. Is there any hotels that they could all share 1 room. They don't mind the togetherness, they are a close family :) And, the don't want to rent a car from LAX. What would be the best way to get them all to DL?

Thank you!!

There are several hotels that would allow 6 to share one room. Without knowing the sleeping needs of the 4 adults, a couple of ideas are:

The new Courtyard Theme Park Entrance - all rooms have bunk beds. So, you could get a room with 2 queens + bunk beds.
Homewood Suites is down Harbor Blvd next to the Toy Story Lot. They have suites in different configurations that would allow 6.
Desert Inn and Suites is right across the street and very close to the pedestrian crosswalk. Not as new as the others, but many rooms that sleep 6.
Hyatt Place also has suites that sleep 6. Another "newer" choice, but a bit further down Harbor Blvd and close to Toy Story lot.

In terms of getting from LAX to DLR, I have heard many options - from private cars to the Disneyland Express. I have never used any of them as we always drive. I hope someone can give you some better personal advice in that regard.

With a family of six myself, we stayed a number of times at the Best Western Park Place Inn in their mini-suites. These rooms have two queen beds plus a Queen size couch-bed. Plus it is the closest hotel to DLR excluding the Disney GCH.

Travel from LAX with six? We used a dedicated limo Shuttle like Karmel Shuttle several times. Cost is something like $75.

:wizard:

for travel between LAX and Disney / Anaheim I use www.supershuttle.com €17 per person. Its a shared ride which takes up to 9 people, so you could be lucky and just get the van to yourselves :)

There are lots of options near Disneyland that will accommodate a party of 6. The question is, will anyone want to sleep on a pullout sofa, or is that 6 people in beds in one room?

Many of the across the street hotels have some larger rooms. A bit further away you have some of the all-suite hotels that are a god-send for larger families, mine included.

The Hilton chain has Double Tree Suites (two queen beds in bedroom, pullout sofa in living room), Embassy Suites (same configuration) and Homewood Suites. Homewood Suites is opening a new hotel by the Toy Story parking lot and I understand this hotel will have a configuration of room sizes. The Homewood Suites in Garden Grove is all one bedroom suites sleeping 6 total.

Marriott has suite hotels in Marriott Anaheim Suites and Residence Inns. Our favorite for room choices is Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area. It has one bedrooms that sleep 6 and two bedrooms that sleep 6 or 8. Can't go wrong with a room here, as it includes a daily hot breakfast. Transportation is by Anaheim Resort Transit.

Like HydroGuy, we (as a family of 6) have stayed at the West Western Park Place Inn in one of their mini suites. It's tight, but it's so nice to be at a hotel RIGHT across the street and so close to the turnstiles. And their continental breakfast is great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter