Visiting Aulani for the day?

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
Hi everyone!

My family booked a fairly last minute trip to Hawaii and we leave end of September. We're staying at thr Hilton Hawaiian Village but are hoping to rent a car for a day and drive over to Aulani and do thr character breakfast.

Two questions...

1. Has anyone done the character breakfast at Aulani? I know the prices, the menu, etc. but I'm just looking for a DISboard member review as I don't trust others all the time hehe :)

2. I know we can to use the pools and such as a guest, but I've heard that all beaches in Ko'olina are free for anyone to use. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks for the help :)

I did the character breakfast as a solo adult when I stayed at Aulani in June and enjoyed it, but I also do the character breakfasts when I go to WDW. You will take a picture with Mickey outside first, then you go into the buffet. Minnie and Goofy come around for pictures while you are eating. Auntie does a show(singing hawaiian songs, etc.) during the buffet and kids are encouraged to participate. I did the buffet at 7am, so I'm not sure if they do a second show. You can purchase your mickey picture package, but there is no pressure to do so. They will bring it to your table for you to preview. It appeared that everyone at the character breakfast enjoyed themselves, even the adults traveling without kids.

Thanks very much!

We would be a group of myself, my husband, my 1 year old and my mother. Do they allow you to take your own picture with Mickey at the entrance?

This might be important for you....

Friends of ours were recently vacationing in Hawaii (they are DVC members) & they drove over to Aulani just to browse/check things out.

I'm pretty sure my friend told me the gate guard told them it would be $25 or $35 (can't recall which) just to park there as a visitor. Our friends were like, "Forget it", & they left.

Maybe someone else who wanted to go visit can confirm this.

We did the character breakfast for my husband's Social Security Birthday (62)!
Just us, the food was good, the fun factor was there, and we have fabulous pictures with Mickey! Auntie does the hula with all the Birthday folks, oldies like us included. Yes, you can take your own picture, and a CM even took it for us. Not sure about the parking, or using the pool, we are DVC members, and were staying there. Aloha!:cloud9: Deb

Hi guys!

Called and talked to the resort today and was told the following.

- parking is free if you spend over $30 at thr resort. They validate your receipt :)
- 2 and under are FREE at the character breakfast (SCORE!)
- since we are not resort guests we cannot book a reservation until the DAY BEFORE
- we will not have access to the pools but are free to wander thr resort, attend character meet n greets through out the day and use thr beach

The ks for your reviews everybody!! Greatly appreciated :)

We did the character breakfast in November. If possible, request to be seated inside. Our family was seated outside along the railing and it was windy! The layout of the towers form a sort of wind tunnel so we were constantly holding down our stuff. At one point, my brother's napkin and plate flew off the table. But the food is pretty good and kids love when auntie goes around singing.

We did the character breakfast in November. If possible, request to be seated inside. Our family was seated outside along the railing and it was windy! The layout of the towers form a sort of wind tunnel so we were constantly holding down our stuff. At one point, my brother's napkin and plate flew off the table. But the food is pretty good and kids love when auntie goes around singing.

Thanks! Will definitely try for that. Although since we can't book I til the day before we will probably take what we can get haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter