visiting atlantis during your cruise Need info please

wdwstar

DIS Veteran
visiting atlantis during your cruise Need info please, I heard you can book a room for the day and how does it cost for a taxi to atlantis?

I have a good answer for this, but not handy. I'll post it in the morning for you.

I don't know the answer to this but suggest that you do a search on the DCL trip reports forum for "Atlantis." I got three pages of results. I would post the search results but the link wont work for you.

I'm not familiar with the day rate at Atlantis but I heard of someone going to the Comfort Suites that's across the street from Atlantis. It was cheaper than Atlantis and you can use the facilities at Atlantis.

You options for Atlantis are as follows:

1) The Disney excursion. The major limitation here is you cannot use the water amenities on it except for access to 1 small beach. Also the water taxi is usually overcrowded, slow and drops you off a good block away from the resort.
2) Get a room at the Atlantis resort, and use all the amenities, 2 options: reserve a room, or try to get over and get a 'day room' limited in availability, first come, first served, and a good bit cheaper.

3) Get a room at Comfort suites, which is considerably cheaper, and allows up to 4 per room full access to everything at Atlantis.

To get to Atlantis, just follow these steps:
  • Leave the ship and go to the end of the dock.
  • Take one of the numerous taxis for (I do NOT have a current price) $5 per person to Atlantis, much more pleasant than the overcrowded water taxi. Or, you can find limos for hire there as well for comparable prices.
  • Whenever you're done, just go back to where you were dropped off for another taxi ride back to the ship.

Thanks MarkRG for the tips especially getting a taxi back to the dock. I will look into all of those options. I also looked into DVC using points 60 points for the night, i dont think using points would be wise unless i can pick up a fire sale on 60 points. I also checked the rates for the atlantis $404 for one night and $304 comfort suites. The only other choice would be a day room but that will not be a guarantee choice. We didnt book any excursions for the 7 night cruise, so we could chalk it up as the only excursion we do...

I just booked Comfort Suites for 184.50 for Nov 21, 2005. Then I found a cheaper rate on Expedia of $138.00 and filled out their best web guarantee form on their website and they gave me rate of $138 less 10% which is 124.50. Not sure why you got such a high rate at Comfort Suites. Try Expedia and then ask them for their Cheapest room.

We just went on the Wonder in October and we paid 20.00 for a taxi to Atlantis. There were five of us. It was quick and easy and it was the same going back. We went to Atlantis beach and did the banana boat ride, then we walked around the Atlantis resort to just look at it and had a great time.

I heard a room at the Atlantis resort is 200.00 to have it for a day. I don't know about the other hotels. Have fun!

Lizal said:
I just booked Comfort Suites for 184.50 for Nov 21, 2005. Then I found a cheaper rate on Expedia of $138.00 and filled out their best web guarantee form on their website and they gave me rate of $138 less 10% which is 124.50. Not sure why you got such a high rate at Comfort Suites. Try Expedia and then ask them for their Cheapest room.

I was able to book a room at the Atlantis for $99 for our December 5th stop at Nassau- I used a code from the website Travelzoo. They have offered it periodically, and it is now good through Dec. 25th. These are for Beach Tower rooms.

Keep watching for codes- you can also find them in the USA Today paper.

Good Luck!
mousefansmom

Thank you all for the info, we will be in Nassau on Jan.5 according to DCL .
I original had booked our palo on jan.5th because it was suppose to be out sean day, well its Nassau now and when i checked the other sea nights for palo they are all gone now i am stuck with palo on nassau day, what time do we need to be back to the shiip ?

I dont understand either why i am getting high rates from expedia.

I was in Nassau on Friday. We took the water taxi over to Paradise Island then walked from the dock to Atlantis to look around, visit the Dig, etc.

Water taxi was $6 per person round trip. I didn't find it overcrowded, but some did seem a bit sturdier than others, and they do pack you in tightly.

If you go to the website for Atlantis, they have a whole section about The Dig.

Basically, you can walk around the grounds and see some of the aquariums without paying (unless of course, someone stops you and asks to see your hotel card, at which point you do your best to look lost and ask where The Dig is). The Dig is supposed to be an old archeological site -- very dark with "artifacts" and more aquariums. I think it was $29 per person (unless you're staying at Atlantis -- then it's free). You can do it on your own, or as part of an hour-long guided tour. Kind of neat to see, but not at all worth $29 per person.

Sorry to sound completely dumb, but I have been searching the Travelzoo website for two weeks for the ATlantis code, tried a search for Atlantis, Atlantis Resort, Caribbean, bahamas, etc., and nothing came up. How in the world did you find this? I will be needing it pretty soon. Thanks.

Follow the link I posted on the first page. It has the information from Travel Zoo to book the room at the $99 rate.

I followed your link, but I am wondering where you found it on the site....?

Thanks.

The $99 rate for Atlantis sounds great..but isn't check-in time at most hotels ~ 3 p.m.? How early will the hotel allow you to use their facilities?

msim said:
I followed your link, but I am wondering where you found it on the site....?

Thanks.

It was on their weekly email of best deals; their Top Twenty. The list comes out each Wednesday just before noon eastern. You can subscribe from their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter