• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visited the parks last week!

DisneyMomma81

DIS Veteran
Drove down on Monday 10/22 this trip was just the three of us :dance3: - hadn't been that way *always had others with us* for a few years.

Tue ~

Checked out the Lego Store - love all their HUGE displays - Aladdin scene, Beauty and the Beast, Gandalf, Prince Phillip and Maleficent!

Brunch at Goofy's, great food, several characters *2 princesses - Jasmine, DD's favorite and Mulan, if DS were to admit it his favorite :goodvibes

After brunch I went to Mandara Spa *used my $200 worth of services for $100 - travelzoo.com deal several months ago, it was fantastic!

That afternoon/evening ~ Mickey's Halloween party! It was good, lots of candy *much longer candy lines than WDW MNSSHP, we went later so it wasn't so bad - but much better candy than WDW* Too many bodies! Why did they sell so many tickets? Fireworks were great, parade was OK - prefer WDW's parade. It was also easier to get/find pictures with characters in 2009 at the WDW party....

Wed ~

Started at DL, toured FL, TL, DD got done up at BBB.
Early lunch at Blue Bayou.
Early afternoon at DCA - love Cars Land! Mater's Jamboree is so fun! Short waits for that the 3 times we rode Wed-Thu, Luigi's is kinda lame. Love RSR ~ we single rider'ed it, tried SR again in the evening and the line was long!
Ended Wed back in DL.

Thu ~

Started in DCA, park opened at 9am, I had RSR FPs at 9:14am, then I went and got Show Passes for WOC. We SR RSR Thu morning *saved our FPs for the evening. Spent the afternoon in DL, had a late lunch at Big Thunder BBQ - *a 1st for us, it was tasty. Back to DCA in the late afternoon for RSR with FPs and WOC.

DD visited with Merida, Jack & Sally, Tink and Periwinkle ~ M, P, J & S were 1st times for her so that was fun.

One time only rides ~ Pirates and Soarin'. Missed Indy. Ghost Galaxy is good ~ never seen it that way before. HM was great, haven't seen it in it's original state for a couple years, planning on a my birthday visit early August 2014.

RSR ~ 3 times, twice SR, once with FP.

Kids have a new favorite restaurant ~ Flo's! We ate there 3 times, dinner Wed, breakfast and dinner Thu ~ DS says it's better than Blue Bayou :rotfl:

I kinda missed the longer hours *so I can take a nap :faint: we went hard all day long. It was tiring but fantastic!

Drive home Fri 10/26 was long - we were stuck in Vegas for a while, crash on I 15. Yep it was this crash.

Sounds like you had a nice trip, always happy to hear about those!. All the reviews of Flo's so far have been very high, glad you obviously agree. Glad you had a nice trip....:cool1:

We loved Flo's too. My kids gobbled up all my turkey!

OMG! The turkey was awesome! We shared two plates among the 4 of us (2 kids, 2 adults). Best meal we had our whole trip. We found this on a Wednesday, and it was really nice because we missed our Thanksgiving turkey dinner (Canada) on the Monday. DD12 ordered 2 sides of mashed potatoes and gravy! Mmmm.... I can still taste it!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter