Visit Vero Beach for the day

ellynsoh

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW later this month, staying at AKL. Would we, as DVC owners, be allowed to visit Vero Beach resort during the day without an overnight reservation? If so, how would we go about it? We would like to visit the beach and the pool. Thanks in advance for your help!

Do you mean visit or use?

There isn't much to do there, maybe an overnighter but I wouldn't drive and return on the same day just for a visit.

:earsboy: Bill

We did exactly that about a year and a half ago. We were staying at bwv and did a day trip to vero. We called ms first and asked them about visiting and using the facilities. They told me to go to the checkin and let them know I was visiting. The manager came out and asked for our resort cards (before MB). She verified we were wdw bwv guest and she gave us a blank room card. We used it for the beach and pool access and to get towels. Everyone was very nice and helpful. They gave us a map. We explored and had lunch in the lounge. We ended up booking a future stay there after we got home. I did think the drive was long. I think it took about 2 hours each way.

We did exactly that about a year and a half ago. We were staying at bwv and did a day trip to vero. We called ms first and asked them about visiting and using the facilities. They told me to go to the checkin and let them know I was visiting. The manager came out and asked for our resort cards (before MB). She verified we were wdw bwv guest and she gave us a blank room card. We used it for the beach and pool access and to get towels. Everyone was very nice and helpful. They gave us a map. We explored and had lunch in the lounge. We ended up booking a future stay there after we got home. I did think the drive was long. I think it took about 2 hours each way.

I've read other posts like this, and so, if you don't mind the drive, I'll say Go for it! The pool parties and slide races are fun!

I love seeing the ocean, if your daughter hasn't seen it yet, for sure, take her!

Bobbi

Agree 100% with n2mm.

Did in March and it was wonderful. Perfect day.

Important to get an OK as there are blackout dates.

Well worth the (kinda long) trip from BCV.

You will need your own POV or rental.
Direction to VB:
Take Hwy 192 East to
I-95 South to
Exit 156 (Fellsmere/Sebastian) CR-512 East to
Hwy US 1 South to
CR-510 East to
A1A South to
resort on left 1/4 mile.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't think it is worth a day trip to use the pool and beach. The pool at AKL is much nicer, so it will be a letdown when you see the one at VB.
Also, the beach is just OK, so save yourself the time and go to a closer one like Cocoa Beach. Better yet, go in the other direction to a gulf beach. They are much nicer.

There is such a difference between the Atlantic and the Gulf. I love the Atlantic, and think the Gulf is just OK. I think the Beach at Vero is wonderful, obviously just my opinion.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter