Visit during Dec/Jan or Sept??

KAPTink

Mouseketeer
Help! Planning our 4th trip, and had wanted to surprise kids (ages 6 and 8) with trip for Christmas gift, but I'm getting a bit nervous about crowds. We've always wanted to see holiday decor and lights, etc. I keep reading horror stories. Is it worth it to fight the crowds? How long into Jan. are decorations up? Our potential dates are 12/28-1/5. I need some help deciding...Go during December with special holiday touches or just go in the fall?

The decorations will still be up through January 5, and the crowds will still be there, too. We went the first week of January in 2006 and the parks were pretty crowded all week. We went the same week this year and the parks were packed all week. Way too crowded for us!

I would go in September...kids are in school at this point and there will be less crowds you'll have to deal with.

My DH, DM, DD, DB, and myself all went down the last week in November and stayed for 4 nights 5 days. We were there for the taping of the Christmas parade and the performances, and it was absolutely perfect! The weather was awesome and their were little to no crowds during the week. The weekend got a little crowded, but it was not bad! I can't wait to go back next November! Have a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter