Visa Travel Money Card????????

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
How widely accepted is the Visa Travel Money Card at Disney Restaurants and Stores? In lieu of carrying cash or charging alot on credit cards?

Has anyone tried leaving tip on Visa Travel Money Card when on Dining Plan?

How widely accepted outside Disney around International Drive Restaurants, etc?

AAA has now done away with Visa Travelers Checks and is now using
Visa Travel Money Card exclusively for members...Supposedly $4.95 ot activate card..Can load any amount on card...Supposedly no additonal transaction fees on card if used at stores or restaurants where Visa is accepted..Transaction fees apply if used at ATM locations...

Thank you very very much for input on Visa Travel Money Card!!!!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

We just used one a couple of weeks ago and had no problems. Accepted everywhere, no fees, able to add tips without a problem. Also, if it's you and someone else, and you think you may go your separate ways at times, you can get 2 cards that dip into the same money, so you don't have to put $x on one card and $y on another for both of you. I think it's like $2 more for the second card. HTH

Kathy

My hubby set me up w/ one of these on my April trip so I wouldnt have to lug around so much cash, it worked fine:)

I actually used one on a trip to Europe a few years ago. It was great. I would assume that having a Visa logo makes it acceptable pretty much everywhere - just like a regular credit card.

I've used the AAA visa card on my last three trips and had no problems. The ATM fee's are less than at home. I used them at restuarants including the tips. Just set up a pin at home for ATM use. I will be bringing it to WDW again in November!

MPS4124

Just wanted to let you know, that if you really wanted the travelers checks, AAA went back to using American express travelers checks again. I just got some last week.

:santa: :santa: :santa:

Maybe each state has different products..

Our AAA has sold Visa Travelers checks for a few yrs...liked them, but I'll try the travel card...Should work fine it seems by most of the responses.

Thanks!:goodvibes :goodvibes

I think each AAA Is diffrent. I work for AAA and we only carry the travel money card. We did away with the travelers checks due to fraud and the fact that a lot of stores are no longer taking them anyway.
I have used the AAA travel money card on lots of trips with no issues :)

Not sure if the AAA visa is like others you can get or not but just a warning that could possibly save you some embarassment that i wasn't aware of.

Got a visa cash card for x-mas. You have to know exactly how much you have on the card. Because if you have fifty dollars on the card and your bill is fifty-one it will deny it saying you do not have enough funds. (mine actually told me I didn't have any the first time until I called) And they can't swipe it to find out how much you have either. We had to call the 800 number on the phone to find out so exactly that amount could be taken off the card. Holding up the entire line.

Might want to find out or keep good track.

Not sure if the AAA visa is like others you can get or not but just a warning that could possibly save you some embarassment that i wasn't aware of.

Got a visa cash card for x-mas. You have to know exactly how much you have on the card. Because if you have fifty dollars on the card and your bill is fifty-one it will deny it saying you do not have enough funds. (mine actually told me I didn't have any the first time until I called) And they can't swipe it to find out how much you have either. We had to call the 800 number on the phone to find out so exactly that amount could be taken off the card. Holding up the entire line.

Might want to find out or keep good track.

Some, but not all will not let you charge up to the max of the available balance at an establishment (like a restaurant or salon) where you may add a tip after the "initial approval". It assumes that you are going to leave a tip on the card. If you want to use it at a place that prints out a tip line on the receipt, you need to charge less than the total available and add in the rest as the tip to get it to go through. I think on a $50 card the max it will let you charge on it is like $42 or $43.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter