• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VISA cardholders discounts available now

I just booked 2 trips (room only) with my new Disney VISA. One for Feb 2016 and one for April 2016. Don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I'm not satisfied with the Feb rate that I got at the Grand Floridian. Discount only comes out to about 18%. Was hoping for more since it will probably be my only chance to stay there. I will have to continue to look for a better deal for that one. The April 2016, I got Boardwalk, waterview for about 25% off. I am satisfied with that one.

Thanks to everyone for participating and contributing to getting this news out. I do appreciate people sharing information.

Last year I started a thread where we determined how the discount worked http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-calculation.3339097/
Until this goes live on the website I can't dissect it BUT I can tell you it definitely isnt' as good as the SPD last year. At a VERY ROUGH Glance It looks like maybe 50% off on dining with no other discount OR 5% off Room and 40% off dining.
Regardless...The discount from what I can see is definitely worse than last year and for those on the fence of a room only OR SPD discount in past years the better deal this year may be room only however YMMV depending on how you choose to dine.

Booked a RO in February at Pop and got 15% off on Thur and Sun and NO discount on Fri and Sat night. Very weird.

How do you see the Disney Chase offers? I just got my card and would like to know if they normally get emailed or if I have to check a certain website for information. Thanks in advance.

How do you see the Disney Chase offers? I just got my card and would like to know if they normally get emailed or if I have to check a certain website for information. Thanks in advance.

I would call and ask for it. There's no info anywhere, I got it from someone on FB earlier today. Was able to apply, and I agree with others - it's not GREAT. But I'm happy with any savings at all.

I just booked 2 trips (room only) with my new Disney VISA. One for Feb 2016 and one for April 2016. Don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I'm not satisfied with the Feb rate that I got at the Grand Floridian. Discount only comes out to about 18%. Was hoping for more since it will probably be my only chance to stay there. I will have to continue to look for a better deal for that one. The April 2016, I got Boardwalk, waterview for about 25% off. I am satisfied with that one.

Thanks to everyone for participating and contributing to getting this news out. I do appreciate people sharing information.

I booked a trip for February at the Contemporary in TPV and couldn't believe the price they gave me. Did the calculations and it only worked out to about 18% too. Annoying when they advertise 25%. Also seems high because i usually have an annual pass but had to book tickets this time and add insurance. Hoping maybe an AP discount will come out and I will upgrade for the savings again! lol

I booked a trip for February at the Contemporary in TPV and couldn't believe the price they gave me. Did the calculations and it only worked out to about 18% too. Annoying when they advertise 25%. Also seems high because i usually have an annual pass but had to book tickets this time and add insurance. Hoping maybe an AP discount will come out and I will upgrade for the savings again! lol

They get away with it because they say "up to 25%" - different room types will get different percentages, etc.

I inquired about the Poly and was told $339 for standard view and $435 for Lagoon view (before taxes). I think that works out to about 25% off. My dear sweet husband knew the point of our trip was for me to have my dream stay at the Grand Floridian so he "okayed" the rate I got for GF, even though it was above the rate he and I agreed upon previously, but I will continue to look for a better deal.

I hated that I had to call, I would rather book online because I feel like I have more time to analyze my options.

Last edited:
I would call and ask for it. There's no info anywhere, I got it from someone on FB earlier today. Was able to apply, and I agree with others - it's not GREAT. But I'm happy with any savings at all.
Ok thank you, I'm not going until August or October (It all depends on my sanity). I guess I'll subscribe to some newsletters.

Just got off the phone with WDW reservations. I priced out a few things, so thought this might help someone else!

For 7 nights, checking in 1/24/16 and checking out 1/31/16, the following are the RO prices (I left off the cents!):
Contemporary TPV = $3,942
Contemporary GW King = $3,029
AKL savannah view = $2,979
AKL pool view = $2,075
Poly standard view = $2,715
Yacht Club standard view = $2,158

I also priced out packages. The packages that included the room + 7 days of PHs actually cost more than getting the RO discount and buying the selfsame hoppers thru UT.
The prices with the dining plans didn't appeal to me, since we really never spend that much on food--even the QSDP prices didn't do anything for me.

I'm not sure what the % off is on the RO reservation, but for comparison, I just put the same dates in at Orbitz--and applied the 15% discount code--and the same 7 nights at AKL pool view total $2,592, which means the $2,075 is a savings of about $74/night (about $296/night instead of about $370/night), which is approximately a 20% discount.

Good luck to everyone with their bookings!

Do not know nightly savings but going fromThurs before Easter to Thurs after and cut $500 from business class room at CS. Very happy!

Just got off the phone, they applied the SP&D to my original MYW package at Pop (preferred) with 5 day tickets & the regular dining plan and we saved $302. Originally booked for $3229 - minus $200 deposit. Balance $3029. She took off the $302 but charged me another $200 to get the savings, leaving my balance at $2526.

I'm happy, I was hoping for more of course, but $302 (10%) is better than NO savings!! =)

I was unable to apply for my dates (Jan 30 - Feb 2) 3 nights, 2 day park tickets. Pop Preferred. After 30 minutes on the phone you said that I need to have 3 day tickets for the deal to apply to my reservation.

I tried to book a room only for just 1 night before our cruise and was told that a minimum 3 night stay is required.

I know that's true for the stay, play, and dine package discount but didn't see anything about a minimum stay requirement for a room only reservation. Should bother calling back to talk to a different CM?

Just got off the phone, they applied the SP&D to my original MYW package at Pop (preferred) with 5 day tickets & the regular dining plan and we saved $302. Originally booked for $3229 - minus $200 deposit. Balance $3029. She took off the $302 but charged me another $200 to get the savings, leaving my balance at $2526.

I'm happy, I was hoping for more of course, but $302 (10%) is better than NO savings!! =)

That's better than what we got! We were doing Pop for 5 days/4 nights but only 4 park days. Ended up saving a whopping $110 with the new discount. I upgraded my resort to CBR instead and paying $80 more than I would for the non-discounted Pop. I was hoping for a better discount. I'll take whatever though! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter