VISA 4 for 7 rate for October

gonzette

Earning My Ears
This is my first post on these boards, so please excuse any mistakes or dumb questions. I have booked a standard view wing room at the Contemporary Resort for October 16 through 25. We are a family of 4, myself, my husband and two boys ages 9 and 12. I booked the first night at the AAA rate of 264.92. I received the VISA 4 for 7 rate for Oct. 17 through Oct. 23 ($2226.65). And I have the AAA rate of 264.92 for the final night. I realize that we may have to change rooms, but thought this made the best use of the unlimited admissions passes that are incluced with this rate. My question is this: Is this a good rate or could I do better with an Annual Pass rate or perhaps a room only rate if they become available? There are so many rates out there that I am very confused as to whether or not I have made the right decision. Thanks in advance for any help

How many are in your family. Is that a quote for 4 people?

I think that the 4 for 7 is a really good rate. You would have to buy Prem. AP's for each person in your family to have the same admissions.

Room only discounted rate for the CR would still be around $200 per night with tax, so again for 7 nights that would be $1400 plus park admission.

I know many people took advantage of the 4 for 7 deal last year and many wished they had it this year too so I think you have a great rate for a monorail resort.

I am so jealous! I have a Disney Visa but I never received that offer. Guess I'll have to be happy with 7 for 5 :D
Enjoy your trip!

DITTO, mom2cinderella, I guess I'll have to be happy with 7 for 5 too.
:wave:

I have had a DV since the beginning and I've never had the 7 for 4 offer either!!! I didn't even realize that it was still around. Are you two new cardmembers, or did you recieve a promo about this?

The 7/4 was available to new DV holders only when we applied for our DV; I think that was in March or so. We didn't think we'd be going before it expired sometime in Oct, and we missed the date to book it before we realized we were going at the end of Sept. 7/5 for us it is!

We are also going in Oct witht he DV 7/4 deal. We will have 2 rooms, 3 adults, 1 child and a toddler under the age of 2. My dh made several excel worskeets up comparing the difference using historic AP rates for the time period. For us, it turns out that the 7/4 deal is cheaper. We also have 3 additional days that are AAA rates, hoping something better comes along for that portion of our trip :)

Originally posted by gonzette
I realize that we may have to change rooms, but thought this made the best use of the unlimited admissions passes that are incluced with this rate.

We went on the "Fairy Tale Package" when it was available last year (I think it was also a pay for 4 nights, get 7 nights with UPH included) and did just what you are planning to maximize the value of the UPHs: room only, then the 7 night FTP, then room only. I did fax a room request to the resort in advance with my primary request being that we not have to change rooms (I included all of my reservation numbers). I still knew we might have to move (a request is just a request...no guarantees that you'll be granted your request), but I was really hoping we wouldn't have to move. When we checked in, before I even said anything about it, the CM said that she was showing 3 reservations and that we would be in the same room for our entire stay. YEAH!

I think your package rate is great and you would not be able to save much more for that.

Are you asking about your 1st and last day rate? You may want to keep an eye out for Oct. room only rates and that my help you save on those days. I'm not sure if AP rates would help you because then you would have to purchase an AP and you would still have the UPH that comes with the package.

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter