• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virtual House Warming for John & Kevin

And I'm sorry to momentarily hijack the thread, but are you talking Suessical Lynn Ahrens? If you are, what kind of class is it, and I'm so jealous!

That laundry plan of yours is pretty cool, too. For that kind of service, I would pay more attention to the laundry man than my husband. Notice a trend here? :rotfl2:

Have her tell you about the cupcake store around the corner.;)

Justin, you are a mere child compared to us! Since you're giving away Segways, may I have one too? (Remember, I do know Leo after all!)

Any fan of Leo is a friend of mine. :thumbsup2 You may have a Segway as long as you keep it out of the theme parks.:)

We bought a $298 Admiral washer and a $298 Admiral dryer that apparently are ok being ignored in the laundry room by themselves.

I can stick a big old load of my fine clothing in and when it's done, I can stick in the dryer.

By making this choice, the only thing being agitated is my clothing.

Great story and a great ending!
I do my laundry pretty much the same way.
Bought the appliances from Sears in 1989 for about the same price you paid in 2011. They have been working well for well for over twenty years. Best way I have ever spent Christmas present money!

Ok...lets talk washers and dryers.

First...I need to let you know that we currently have a 900 sq ft house with a stackable washer dryer.....not the new front loader kind.......just a dryer on top of a washer. I think they are actually made for motor homes.

So I started doing research on washer / dryers.

I went to the store and the sales woman decided I needed the $1200 washer that has a steam feature so that I can "refresh my clothing without having to launder them" and a dryer with a shelf so I can "dry my athletic shoes after steaming them....or dry my delicate knitwear".

When I explained that I just wanted to wash my clothes, didnt really own any delicate knitwear and have never washed my sneakers, we moved on to something that "didnt really agitate my fine clothing....it gently moved them from side to side".

John and I are standing there in tshirts and shorts and I had on a sweatshirt. I started to wonder if my fine sweatshirt needed better treatment.

We then moved on to the front loaders and they came with their own issues. Mold, mildew, door seals not working.....and my favorite part "these machines will need your attention in order to give you the service you deserve."

I really dont have time to give my washer the "attention it needs". I'm lucky John gets the attention he needs and deserves.

We bought a $298 Admiral washer and a $298 Admiral dryer that apparently are ok being ignored in the laundry room by themselves.

I can stick a big old load of my fine clothing in and when it's done, I can stick in the dryer.

By making this choice, the only thing being agitated is my clothing.

:lmao: I had the same type of experience when I went to buy my new washer/dryer.....here's the background...my laundry hook ups are in the garage...there is NO WAY I'm going to spend 3K on machines that will be in the garage...I wound up buying an Admiral Washer from the scratch and dent section for $199.00...once home, we removed the small dent that was in it and it works just fine.

Ok, back to regularly scheduled programming.....

Have her tell you about the cupcake store around the corner.;)

Amy, I'm beginning to think that, just perhaps, I'm a bit tooooo jealous of you...
Musical Theatre Classes from an award winning lyricist, your laundry is done by your very own laundry man, you've apparently seen Patti LuPone, who I just adore, and now I find out you're just around the corner from a cupcake store. Please don't tell me you live in Manhattan. I'll be completely done in. I might have to hunt you down for the absolute unfairness of it all, and the greenish tint may never leave my face...:sick: [ok - I'm not sick, but it IS a great shade of ENVY green as well!] Tell me you're in a suburb, anything, just don't actually be in Manhattan...

Amy, I'm beginning to think that, just perhaps, I'm a bit tooooo jealous of you...
Musical Theatre Classes from an award winning lyricist, your laundry is done by your very own laundry man, you've apparently seen Patti LuPone, who I just adore, and now I find out you're just around the corner from a cupcake store. Please don't tell me you live in Manhattan. I'll be completely done in. I might have to hunt you down for the absolute unfairness of it all, and the greenish tint may never leave my face...:sick: [ok - I'm not sick, but it IS a great shade of ENVY green as well!] Tell me you're in a suburb, anything, just don't actually be in Manhattan...

We're off West End Avenue in the 70s.

And the cupcake store is not around the corner, it is several blocks away.

Although I love all the side chat on this thread, I just wanted to say congratulations on your new home to John and Kevin. I'm sending you a magical trash can that will get rid of any junk you have to the proper place -- donations, regular trash pick up or neatly pack it up in a plastic tub to save in your new attic.

We are doing a renovation here that required me to pack up my entire bedroom, bathroom, closet and storage area. I just gave away 30 bags of stuff to a charitable organization. As we were doing this, all I could think of was something Kevin said about lobsters growing to the size of their container. The process is also a good way to cut down on spending because the thought of bringing anything new into the house (like new clothes) is a bit nauseating.

Thanks for the great podcast and happy moving!

Really? ;) I thought everyone bought their washers and dryers from Sears. My folks bought them there and now so do I.

Usually the cheapest one that sears makes. I grew up on Kenmores

Really? ;) I thought everyone bought their washers and dryers from Sears. My folks bought them there and now so do I.

Usually the cheapest one that sears makes. I grew up on Kenmores

We had store specific gift cards.

Agador, bring Master Kevin another pirin tablet. :lmao:

LOVE that movie, I hurt so bad from laughing the first time I saw it!

For Kevin and John, Jasmine tea and ribs from my home town in Dexter MO from a restaurant called Hickory Log -- they are to die for!

Congrats guys!!! I'm sending you an iron mailbox with a pineapple on top for goodluck. And since I own a stationery store, I'm sending you moving announcements so you can let your stalkers know where to find you now.

Congrats guys!!! I'm sending you an iron mailbox with a pineapple on top for goodluck. And since I own a stationery store, I'm sending you moving announcements so you can let your stalkers know where to find you now.

Ohhh. Looking forward to getting my map to the stars. :surfweb:

Val & I are bringing along a spice rack so that they have a place to put their purchases from the Tea & Spice Exchange. :3dglasses

Forgive quoting my own post but I just wanted to mention that we went to the Tea & Spice Exchange on Monday (2/14) for the first time. Wow! Many, many spices that I've never heard of - but they sound interesting. We were overwhelmed by the choices. Ultimately we wimped out and came away with only a sampling of 3 different salts and a jar of italian spices.

Just wondering if you guys are in the house yet.

I know that there have been a few things going on in your life (pink-eye, ABD, Kevin's Mom) that could set things back a bit.

Congrats on the house! Hope all goes well with moving, unpacking, all that fun stuff.

So, I understand the Big Move happened on Thursday. Hope it all went well and you are finding everything. :surfweb:

Moving stinks. I hate it and hope to never move again unless it's to Florida. I hope all went well and it was as painless as moving can be.

I hope they found the box with the toilet paper... :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter