• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we focus a bit off of a debate, and help me find the Fireworks game? ;)

I followed a friend who happened to be in that room last night, but how can I find it? :)

- Sugar

Thanks! (By the way, I stocked you last night to find it :goodvibes )

- Sugar

OMG Gosh!! :scared1: You stalker, first at crossroads other night, then fireworks last night. -logging off to find Sugar Stalk-:hug:

I like playing VFK (bugs and all) better than not having a VMKish on-line option.

I was very sad and angry when VMK announced it's closing and it was a very difficult month to endure, watching the closing of our favorite game.

But I will say that the idea of VFK kept up my spirits up during that time.

I did not want VFK to be a continuation of my VMK life. So I call it a new experience with similarities. It's like moving to a new town or city. What's the first thing you do? Look for some things that are comforting or familiar. Like a favorite place to eat (or something similar). Like a park/walking trail. Like a friendly neighbor or group of people with similarities to you. Like a movie theater. Like a swimming pool. Etc, etc.

I wasn't really into finding a completely "foreign" on-line game. I wanted something similar to VMK. So far, and I expect even more so in the future, VFK is the place that has done this for my family.

Regarding the Fireworks game: I never was good at Fireworks in VMK (only played remixed) but I don't mind VFK's version at all. It's rather relaxing.

I really can't wait for Space Pirates though. pirate:

Absolutely King! I enjoy the game as well, bugs and all. Having fun in fireworks (even though lag and disconnect pops up :lmao: ) and find it relaxing in both the fireworks and bird game :)

Finally did it!!! I played all 60 levels of the Audubon game and earned a score of 28,665! It took me about 80 minutes because I developed lag but I was driven to get through one whole game. Now I will not mind losing at lower levels because I think I can earn the same amount of credits with several games rather than one long session. A week ago I could not imagine distinquishing warblers and finches but it is all beginning to make some new crevices in my brain.

As for the fireworks game, I hope to learn the sequence of colors/shapes so I can react faster. Although I will probably tire of the music soon, I do enjoy turning up the volume on the last level and exploding fireworks as my part in the Overture. LOL

:cheer2::cheer2: :cheer2:

Finally did it!!! I played all 60 levels of the Audubon game and earned a score of 28,665! It took me about 80 minutes because I developed lag but I was driven to get through one whole game. Now I will not mind losing at lower levels because I think I can earn the same amount of credits with several games rather than one long session. A week ago I could not imagine distinquishing warblers and finches but it is all beginning to make some new crevices in my brain.

As for the fireworks game, I hope to learn the sequence of colors/shapes so I can react faster. Although I will probably tire of the music soon, I do enjoy turning up the volume on the last level and exploding fireworks as my part in the Overture. LOL

:cheer2::cheer2: :cheer2:

W00T!!! Fantastic job on the Audubon game! :yay:

I might not log in but I read these posts everyday. I defintely no more than a casual player.

there is no secure login, and accepting credit card payments to boot

They do not follow COPPA federal regulations

they are encouraging the exchange of account information between players

they are trampling on the intelectual property of Disney (copyright)

Did I miss anything?

Thank you! I am surprisedmyself because my scores have always been inconsistent. I noticed that I am not running out of gas, even when the gas is occasionally missing on screens. I think that in itself is a big help. Right now I am using the pictures for clues: like one Canadian title is looking downward and I tell myelf that Canada has to look downward to see the US LOL BUt I have started to discern the woodpecker varieties because I was forced to choose between two woodpeckers, etc. Amazing there are red bellied, red shafted, ivory billed, pileated, hairy, etc. I can't take a walk outside that I am not obsessed looking at birds. ROFL

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I might not log in but I read these posts everyday. I defintely no more than a casual player.

Did I miss anything?
They are tampering with our magical memories

Did I miss anything?

They have ugly graphics! I know not to judge a book by it's cover but there's nothing this site has to cover..

I don't mind the graphics. The fireworks game is very nice looking. I could use some more distinct facial features like VMK had, but all together - it's nice, even beautiful in some parts. :)

I don't mind the graphics. The fireworks game is very nice looking. I could use some more distinct facial features like VMK had, but all together - it's nice, even beautiful in some parts. :)

I think some rooms are nice, but the characters could get an update.

Did I miss anything?

Nope but You put this is the middle of the positives of someone doing great at birds, another enjoying the game. A family that plays this game together and yes we are all aware of these issue. Will VFK survive do not know. Are these issues important yes they are!!!! But many of us are having fun while it is still here.

It was just so nice to come over here and read someones excitement of meeting a personal goal. Those issues do not change either posts personal enjoyment for now.

Though in the end it may be what closes the game. But I think we all know the issues by now.

I was finally able to create a character late July 5th after having been on the waiting list. At this point, I don't really know what to say about it since I haven't kept up with this thread and can't actually play it normally yet. Like others here, I'm permanently stuck in single user mode it seems; sent a message, but haven't heard anything back yet. I can't access the fireworks game; I walk to the correct place and I just stop (I'm guessing this is due to me being in single user mode).

Is the fireworks game like the original VMK version or more closer to the newer one?

and yes we are all aware of these issue. Will VFK survive do not know. Are these issues important yes they are!!!! But many of us are having fun while it is still here.

Though in the end it may be what closes the game. But I think we all know the issues by now.

Ah what point did I not get I did say they are important, what else would you like me to say. I am acknowledging the issue that could be the result of this game closing.

What those major issues do not do is change today and the fun I am having with my friends. We can not change the pass we can forsee the future. What we can do is enjoy today.

Especially the COPPA

Couldn't someone sue them for not protecting their children correctly?

Ah what point did I not get I did say they are important, what else would you like me to say. I am acknowledging the issue that could be the result of this game closing.

What those major issues do not do is change today and the fun I am having with my friends. We can not change the pass we can forsee the future. What we can do is enjoy today.

:hug: I hope you understand its important to bring them back up as new people from our forums read this everyday and I hope they read these things before even thinking about joining the game.

Didn't you say that you were going to close this thread if the mods/admins felt that there were too many issues with this game?

Did I miss anything?

Aengus....

I understand your concerns, I really do. BUT what do you really think you're going to accomplish (and the others on this thread) by posting over and over your distaste and outrage at this game (sometimes in a very sarcastic manner, I might add).

We all KNOW they have an unsecure log-in... we all know how you feel about them "copying" VMK. However, posting about it in this thread will do no good - all it does is harm this community.

To think that you're protecting the "children" by blasting VFK in this thread is ludicrous. Sounds noble, but it's NOT practical. If you have that big of a concern for the safety of children, take it up in a letter.. not only with VFK but the hundreds and thousands of other online games and forums.

Not one of you is going to "save the world" by your posts. So put the Superman capes away.

Just let those of us that choose to enjoy this game with all its bugs and flaws enjoy it without having to deal with all the rudeness and sarcasm and hatred on this thread.

There are far more "noble causes" in the real world that you could be putting your energy towards. :)

Is there any chance we could have two threads for vfk; one to debate the issues and one to discuss playing the game, trading, meeting friends and making new ones? I think aengus decided against this though. I know all the topics I start get lost in the debates. I admit I spend less time here because of the doom and gloom. Of course people have a right to express their opinions but it would be nice to have a choice where we can read.

:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter