• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There!
Timing is everything...Since Aengus is observing from a distance, I’ll post . (hehe) :lmao:

Just a few of my opinions:
  • Is VFK perfect? No.
  • Do I wish VFK was further along in the development state? Yes.
  • Do I enjoy struggling to exit the rooms? No.
  • Do I like Audubon’s Wildlife Adventure more than Haunted Mansion? No.
  • Do I like Audubon’s Wildlife Adventure more than POTC? Yes. (I was a terrible pirate!)
  • Do I write VFK when I like or dislike something? Yes.
  • Do I write VFK with suggestions on how to improve? Yes.
  • Do I get a written reply? No. However, I feel the mail is read. A few days ago I had a technical log in issue using IE6. (Firefox would work, IE would not) I had this problem for a few days. I tried a few things on my own with no success. After learning a friend had the same problem, I wrote to VFK. Less than 24 hours, the issue was resolved.
  • Since VMK closed have I joined other online game(s) in addition to VFK? Yes.
  • Do I try to sign in to VFK every day, even if just for a half hour? Yes.
Now for the big question:
  • Why do I bother playing VFK? When I was really down and out about VMK closing, there was one place that gave me hope. It was the “potential” of a place called VFK. It gave me the hope that many of the friends I made in VMK would have a place to be together and hang out. The hope is what helped me get through some of the sadness in final weeks of VMK. Only time will tell if I will continue to play VFK. For now, I sign in for a few reasons. These reasons include friends, checking out the game, and also as a way to say thanks to VFK for giving me that priceless gift of hope when I needed it. If it turns out that all I ever get from VFK is the feeling “hope” back in April and May 2008, it is more than enough for me.

Some of my friends are registered and stop in VFK. Some choose not to play VFK and I see them in other online worlds or in forums like DisBoards. Unfortunately at this time there is no one place that we all call home together. For me, that is the saddest part of all.

So my friends, that is why this little reindeer watches birds.

As for my optimism (on any topic), I try to see the glass half full whenever possible. And no, it is not always possible, but I try.

:hug:

Me likes that post. ::yes::

Attention plz drum roll
Littlebelle just got in the VFK bird game are you waiting. Well remember when I could barely get over 60 to a 100 a game. Ready

3580 Yup you are reading it clearly. I would have got higher I am sure but ran out of gas do to bad lack and barely made it. Was so afraid I was going to crash.

I got excited at 1500 then 2000 then it was yeah baby lets go. Woot Woot Woot

Attention plz drum roll
Littlebelle just got in the VFK bird game are you waiting. Well remember when I could barely get over 60 to a 100 a game. Ready

3580 Yup you are reading it clearly. I would have got higher I am sure but ran out of gas do to bad lack and barely made it. Was so afraid I was going to crash.

I got excited at 1500 then 2000 then it was yeah baby lets go. Woot Woot Woot

WOOT!!!! Congrats on your score Belle!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I just wish VFK would give people their titles, make the rooms easier to enter and exit, etc than to try and do quests and make new items. I would not have any complaints knowing it is beta and has lots of bugs, but with making new items for sale and adding quests while you still have bugs just does not make much sense.

Aside from wishing the doorways were bigger, I really wish they would make it so that you could move around without accidentally clicking on other people. If you click within an inch of someone, you get their info. and can't move to that spot or click the person next to them.

That's my big gripe right now. Otherwise, I am entertaining myself elsewhere and keeping my mind open to the possibilitiy of what VMK can become.:)

VMK never had beach balls. They never dressers, dice, flower lights, and all of that. There are ALOT of differences between this and VMK.

VMK had Beach Ball chairs. :)

A dresser or any other item that is not functional is pretty useless.

Major RANT

If you do not feel like reading a post that is not sugar coated with honey then I warn you to read no further. I am entitled to my opinion and if you think it is negativity then that is just your opinion.

Ink and I were VERY excited about this new quest. Saturday morning we logged on at 10am-opening. We spent 3 hours looking for the quest with no luck. We asked several staff members about it and were told they knew nothing about a quest. Ok fine trying to give them benefit of the doubt. After 3 hours of searching we had to leave. See it is father's day weekend and we were going to go visit grandpa over night. I told Ink not to worry we would do quest on Sunday night when we got home as we would not be home real late.

Flash forward to tonight. We got home at about 9:15. Ink and i literally ran to our computers and fired them up. Ink checked the boards to see if quest was up and yelled to me that there was a quest. We both excitingly log into VFK dieing to do out first "quest". Well we were slapped in the face! You see the quest is now closed.

We were/are angry as could be. I have found out through the posts here that the quest did not even open until 11pm Saturday night eastern and they closed it at 9 pm eastern Sunday. Not even 24 hours!!! I am sorry but this is pure CRAP!!!!! There is no reason at all to pull this kind of garbage. If they want to drive away people well guess what it will be the first thing they are successful at.

This was this first ever quest. Great detail should have gone into making sure that all went smooth and was perfect. They knew what they were in for. There was NOTHING posted on their home page about quest hours. Staff new nothing. They should have also taken into account this was Father's day weekend. I thought this game was created to be fun entertaining and possibly a bit educational. Well it is horrible not fun and the only education I am getting from it is that they have no clue what they are doing.

I am highly disappoint how they handled this. I have lost faith that things will get better. Both Ink and I are upset that we were unable to try this quest. I have sent a letter to contact us expressing my displeasure in all this but if they stay true to form I do not expect to hear back from them.

As for this thread I had stopped posting for a bit. Not because of the negativity but for the complete opposite reason. While for the longest time I have tried to keep an open mind some people just seem to think that VFK can do no wrong. Well I do not agree with that anymore and got tired of all the gushy sweet posts. Today and this quest was a real eye opener for me. I do not expect you to agree with me but I have a right to feel how I do and I HOPE that VFK people read this and learn. This is not the time to drive fan base away. They need to keep every player then can but at this rate they will either loose players or they will not survive long-thing is after tonight I am not sure I care any more.

Bug

Well said bug,

Myself I was also away today because of fathers day, so I sent in a complaint, and in a nutshell, I said if things dont clear up and VFK doesnt start getting its act together they will be losing a player, me and I will be probably be playing the Smallworlds game. Why couldn't they extend the deadline one more day or at least until VFK closed :confused3

Can somebody explain these times to me? I don't understand the :98 part, and the order of numbers 12 - 15 and 17 - 19 has me confused, too.

Summer Surfs up Fun Quest:

Quickest Times:

1. iSirius 8:02
2. Persephone 9:98
3. PrincessDelaney 10:98
4. KidCircusFan 11:02
5. SnowyRoad 12:02
6. stephyrocks 12:54
7. guitardreamergirl 13:02
8. Guest4683 13:57
9. PrincessApple 14:98
10. Evil 14:98
11. Redrum 15:98
12. cocowgirl 16:03
13. BriarOtter 16:09
14. Guest5272 16:98
15. ImjustBeeNme 16:02
16. CuteStarPluto 17:98
17. Cooldizprinces 18:98
18. astromadmagic 18:02
19. HyperMaroonGirl 18:98
20. PrinceBlueYoshi 19:02
21. Shellyfish 20:33

Check the VFK Homepage for an announcement of a Quest set to run sometime Monday evening (6/16).

Also, there is word from a developer and User1 that a new item will be on sale Monday. She was demonstrating it in ShoreBoy's room last night.

RED LAVA LAMP
VFKRedLavaLamp.jpg

Can somebody explain these times to me? I don't understand the :98 part, and the order of numbers 12 - 15 and 17 - 19 has me confused, too.

I think the numbers are proof that VFK has it's own cosmic timezone. Explains a lot!;)

The red lava lamp and purple beach ball are out!!

2cmn2wl.png

148j1w8.png

EDIT: King, I do not see any mention of a quest this evening on the homepage. And I love your
signature!! LOL

And after reading the last couple of pages again, I'm kinda confused. I've been posting positively,
I know VFK has a whole lot to improve on, but I've been trying to think on the positive side, and
post on the positive side. Because I don't think anyone here thinks that VFK is perfect. I know I have anger problems and I try not to trigger them. Didn't know
positivity would make people leave. Hmm.

And Bug, I'm sorry that happened. I did do the quest, but it wasn't too
fun. Do you know how long I was clicking on the stupid castle turret
before the next task finally came up?! :furious: About an hour and a half. It
was all buggy and crashed my whole computer here and there.

The red lava lamp and purple beach ball are out!!

2cmn2wl.png

148j1w8.png

EDIT: King, I do not see any mention of a quest this evening on the homepage. And I love your
signature!! LOL

And after reading the last couple of pages again, I'm kinda confused. I've been posting positively,
I know VFK has a whole lot to improve on, but I've been trying to think on the positive side, and
post on the positive side. Because I don't think anyone here thinks that VFK is perfect. I know I have anger problems and I try not to trigger them. Didn't know
positivity would make people leave. Hmm.

And Bug, I'm sorry that happened. I did do the quest, but it wasn't too
fun. Do you know how long I was clicking on the stupid castle turret
before the next task finally came up?! :furious: About an hour and a half. It
was all buggy and crashed my whole computer here and there.

But at least you had the chance to do it. This just brings back so many memories of a big quest that ended early and how angry people got. Funny how everyone seems to have forgotten things and thinks this game is soooo perfect. They have a long way to go and I can only hope they learn from their mistakes.

Bug

Major RANT

If you do not feel like reading a post that is not sugar coated with honey then I warn you to read no further. I am entitled to my opinion and if you think it is negativity then that is just your opinion.

Ink and I were VERY excited about this new quest. Saturday morning we logged on at 10am-opening. We spent 3 hours looking for the quest with no luck. We asked several staff members about it and were told they knew nothing about a quest. Ok fine trying to give them benefit of the doubt. After 3 hours of searching we had to leave. See it is father's day weekend and we were going to go visit grandpa over night. I told Ink not to worry we would do quest on Sunday night when we got home as we would not be home real late.

Flash forward to tonight. We got home at about 9:15. Ink and i literally ran to our computers and fired them up. Ink checked the boards to see if quest was up and yelled to me that there was a quest. We both excitingly log into VFK dieing to do out first "quest". Well we were slapped in the face! You see the quest is now closed.

We were/are angry as could be. I have found out through the posts here that the quest did not even open until 11pm Saturday night eastern and they closed it at 9 pm eastern Sunday. Not even 24 hours!!! I am sorry but this is pure CRAP!!!!! There is no reason at all to pull this kind of garbage. If they want to drive away people well guess what it will be the first thing they are successful at.

This was this first ever quest. Great detail should have gone into making sure that all went smooth and was perfect. They knew what they were in for. There was NOTHING posted on their home page about quest hours. Staff new nothing. They should have also taken into account this was Father's day weekend. I thought this game was created to be fun entertaining and possibly a bit educational. Well it is horrible not fun and the only education I am getting from it is that they have no clue what they are doing.

I am highly disappoint how they handled this. I have lost faith that things will get better. Both Ink and I are upset that we were unable to try this quest. I have sent a letter to contact us expressing my displeasure in all this but if they stay true to form I do not expect to hear back from them.

As for this thread I had stopped posting for a bit. Not because of the negativity but for the complete opposite reason. While for the longest time I have tried to keep an open mind some people just seem to think that VFK can do no wrong. Well I do not agree with that anymore and got tired of all the gushy sweet posts. Today and this quest was a real eye opener for me. I do not expect you to agree with me but I have a right to feel how I do and I HOPE that VFK people read this and learn. This is not the time to drive fan base away. They need to keep every player then can but at this rate they will either loose players or they will not survive long-thing is after tonight I am not sure I care any more.

Bug

I agree 100%

That's one major reason why I quit VFK

I started but never got the chance to finish it. Too much lag and too much clicking....I am more enchanted by Small Worlds then this torture

First, I am sorry to Bug and anyone else that missed the quest. :hug: One day items and events were something in VMK that made me crazy. I'd love to see most things items for sale including specials/quests available for at least 10 days. It would allow players young and old to take a week vacation and not miss anything. It would remove the option to have to have a friend shop while we are away.

I was also clicking and walking around that morning for 1 1/2 hours trying to find it and figure out how it started. It was not until late Saturday night I that saw the quest while signing on to play a game of Audubon before going to sleep. As for the turret task in the crossroads that Shark mentioned, I had to ask a friend for help on that one question. :confused3

As I stated clearly in post #2537, I do not think VFK is perfect. I do however try my best to give then "support", encouragement and feedback. I use their contact us feature several times a week.

When there is something new in VFK that I like, I let them what I like and why. If I can think of a way that I would bring the item or feature to an even better level, I include it.
When there is something I dislike, I let them know and explain how and why I would like it to be changed.
When I have a problem or something frustrates me, I let them know and offer any options I can think of as to how they could make it better.

Hopefully this second quest scheduled later today will go better for anyone that is still playing the game.

But at least you had the chance to do it. This just brings back so many memories of a big quest that ended early and how angry people got. Funny how everyone seems to have forgotten things and thinks this game is soooo perfect. They have a long way to go and I can only hope they learn from their mistakes.

Bug

I do not think the game is perfect at all. O_O They've broken just about
every promise they made, and it has not been run all that well lately. There
has also been no communication between VFK_'s and the technical producers/
Sara and Fred the creators. But I still seem to have faith anyway, since it's
the only online game that appeals to me atm. :worried: But they are
reading and they are listening, they said the blue surfboard would be
for boys and pink would be for girls, all the girls (and a few boys XD) went
crazy and complained and rioted because of that. They listened, and gave
the option to choose. I do hope they continue to listen to us and make
the game better :)

And by the way, where are you getting there is a quest scheduled this evening? I don't see anything
about it on the home page, or the notes when I log in and you scroll down, and no staff has announced it. I'm confused.

Yes bug I too am sorry you missed the quest. Yes there are major issues with VFK. We all know this. And I believe nothing is going to change for a while.

First I do not think they have first hand knowledge of making a game. From what I read they took a business platform and are working with that. They are learning by trial and error.

I am prepared to sit on the fence for a few more months as they work through the many glitches. Yes they should not have opened. But if they did not everyone would be saying see a scam. Now they open everyone says this is awful.

They took advantage of us needing a home. No, we chose to go try it out. because at that point we had nothing that worked for us. Many think it is poor. So many people do not try and play it anymore. Many have found other games to get involved with so have I.

Going to VFK was our choice. Staying or leaving for right now is each persons choice. I do not look badly on those who chose not to play. Just as many of my friends today stopped playing VMK.

I am sad many of my friends to not try to play VFK. Cause I would like to see them in the game. So I do hope they do get it together like Bug said so they do not lose their fan base.

It may have parts that are awful. But given the time line they are not doing to bad.

I do not get myself worked up over what is not working etc in VFK. When I get too frustrated I go to the other on line games that are working.

Just because I choose not to vent my frustration or pick out the negatives does not mean I do not see them.

I just figured it is what it is why stress about it. Hope for the best and prepare for the worse.

I do believe they are trying and are overwhelmed. How my complaining will help that I do not see any benefit.

Do not think it will get them better organized, or better communication.

My life example:

I for one work better under a supportive system. When boss A asks me to do typing I become all thumbs. I panick because he is constantly saying I need it soon, when will it be done. When I do my best and he finds mistakes he makes me feel little. His critical behaviour makes me less productive because I am trying way to hard to be perfect.

Boss B on the other hand says can you help me? Do your best. Leaves me alone to finish. My work is so much better I have gained in confidence and willing to keep trying. His more silent approach actually lets me enjoy what I am doing and keeps my creative problem solving free from the pressure of stress.

So if that is how I work better who am I to treat someone else the way I would not want to be treated. Yes I know VFK lack of good communication does not show us repsect either. But I think that is more to being swamped and pressured. Also reading all the negative threads I am sure does not help them.

I just figure I am lossing nothing by watching VFK develop major flaws and all.

It is no where near any of the beta games we are playing. But it has only been two months.

I know we vent because we are disappointed that what we hoped for is not working. We are still hurting from how disney handle us.

Just see no point in hashing over and over again what they are still doing wrong. There are plenty already doing this.

When people are constantly picking out the negatives there is always a group trying to counter act that. I think it is human nature. To try and bring a balance. What we get though is two sides no where near each other on very opposing sides. I was always taught you need three positives to counter act a negative.

Guess that is just me. Staying loyal even when many jump ship is what makes me a good friend but also can make me look naive. But I am not. I choose the glass half full.

I still wonder if all our negative complaining is what was one the the final straws for VMK. I will never know but inside I feel partly responsible for all the critism I gave, though many time it seemed justified.

That is my take on it.

Just wanted to say that to most people that are trying to enjoy the game flaws and all it does start to come across like bashing. Have you noticed many many disers are no longer posting on this thread. They have left because all the negative critisism is just depressing. But everyone has their right to voice their opinion. Just very few of the people actually getting a little pleasure out of bird watching are no longer around.

Just for the record, many left for the opposite reason also.

I have read this thread in its entirety and I continue to do so, but I really don't post much on here anymore, either, and it's because of the thread itself that I don't. When the game started, I was okay with it, though I realized it was no VMK. Then I read a lot of the criticisms on here and I sort of brushed them off and continued to play. Then I started playing another game and realized just HOW right the criticisms are of VFK. It doesn't just have a little way to go. It has a LONG way to go. Now, I devote 90% of my time to the other game. I did sign on over the weekend and did the quest with both my and my fiance's characters. I've played that Audobon game a grand total of maybe 5 times (not counting during the quest because I wasn't actually playing then). I rarely log on and if the game continues in this direction, my playing time will probably drop to 0, especially with the upcoming release of another MMO that I'm really looking forward to. This is coming from someone who was once one of the biggest positive speakers regarding VFK :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter