• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say that to most people that are trying to enjoy the game flaws and all it does start to come across like bashing. Have you noticed many many disers are no longer posting on this thread. They have left because all the negative critisism is just depressing. But everyone has their right to voice their opinion. Just very few of the people actually getting a little pleasure out of bird watching are no longer around.

Just wanted to say that to most people that are trying to enjoy the game flaws and all it does start to come across like bashing. Have you noticed many many disers are no longer posting on this thread. They have left because all the negative critisism is just depressing. But everyone has their right to voice their opinion. Just very few of the people actually getting a little pleasure out of bird watching are no longer around.

Congrats on your high score in the AWA game. I have to practice some more now that the steering is better.

But if anyone is running out of gas, just find me. I always have extra! :lmao:

I DO agree they need to STOP making promises and disappointing everyone
when they come out late, or not as good as they make it seem.

But I don't agree that just because they are doing that means that
we should bash every little detail about the game because we're mad
at them for disappointing us. Didn't say you were, but I'm just saying.. hehe

You can call me a basher, if you wish, but I'm highly disappointed in all the empty promises, the loss of history being the biggest. THAT would have set this game apart from all the others, but they chose not to follow that route. Too bad. I'm also disappointed in the lack of respect towards their players. Posting timelines, deleting them, offering a quest with disputable answers with prizes that don't fit any theme whatsoever within their world, poor graphics and the pay option that only surfaced AFTER they said it would never be a pay game.
I tried to give them some space to work out the bugs, yet I was so tiny in there it took me twice as long as others to cover the same area! Exits are being blocked, staff isn't able to answer legitimate questions because they don't know what's going on. I don't think this game is even yet ready for Beta testing and I don't think anything that people say will be 'rare beta' will ever be rare, only because vfk will never garner enough players to remain a viable game. Another promise that will fall flat...not closing in three years. Oh, wait! That promise may still be kept! I don't think vfk will last three months. I'm not saying this to 'bash' a game, I'm saying this because there are MANY other games out there with FAR better theming and graphics and less bugs to work out.
I gave vfk a long enough chance to prove itself to me. I doubt I'll be back on unless something totally amazing comes out of it.

Thanks for a really fun quest VFK! :thumbsup2
And a big thanks for the credits, beach ball, and totally "rad" surfboard! :goodvibes

Just for the record, many left for the opposite reason also.

Wow would never think it was because people were too positive. My guess is people left because they just hated seeing the extremes of both sides. Not a fun thread to come and visit.

you havent noticed I stopped commenting? I know a very large group of people who stopped posting here because some people can see no wrong also.

I am not trying to stir anything up, just trying to keep it fair.

You can call me a basher, if you wish, but I'm highly disappointed in all the empty promises, the loss of history being the biggest. THAT would have set this game apart from all the others, but they chose not to follow that route. Too bad. I'm also disappointed in the lack of respect towards their players. Posting timelines, deleting them, offering a quest with disputable answers with prizes that don't fit any theme whatsoever within their world, poor graphics and the pay option that only surfaced AFTER they said it would never be a pay game.
I tried to give them some space to work out the bugs, yet I was so tiny in there it took me twice as long as others to cover the same area! Exits are being blocked, staff isn't able to answer legitimate questions because they don't know what's going on. I don't think this game is even yet ready for Beta testing and I don't think anything that people say will be 'rare beta' will ever be rare, only because vfk will never garner enough players to remain a viable game. Another promise that will fall flat...not closing in three years. Oh, wait! That promise may still be kept! I don't think vfk will last three months. I'm not saying this to 'bash' a game, I'm saying this because there are MANY other games out there with FAR better theming and graphics and less bugs to work out.
I gave vfk a long enough chance to prove itself to me. I doubt I'll be back on unless something totally amazing comes out of it.

I agree with you on the theme and graphics comparison, I just don't like the look of our characters, so I choose not to play this game as much. I think VFK will last (at least longer then 3 months) since most games are alot less family friendly. I beg VFK to focus on getting all the alpha features down, the game isn't playable, it doesn't have a map yet!

Hi
My biggest disapointment was people always comparing with vmk,this game is not vmk ,they are the people that let us down , so in fairness i think we should support them a bit more and hope things get better.I do not understand people going on about vmk when we were badly let down by them, but the same people ,moan about this game if it is not like vmk ,the other half moan because they say they are copying vmk.
Vmk is no more, so maybe support the game that is trying, although not getting everything right as yet, but they have not had three years, and lets face never did vmk .

Hi
My biggest disapointment was people always comparing with vmk,this game is not vmk ,they are the people that let us down , so in fairness i think we should support them a bit more and hope things get better.I do not understand people going on about vmk when we were badly let down by them, but the same people ,moan about this game if it is not like vmk ,the other half moan because they say they are copying vmk.
Vmk is no more, so maybe support the game that is trying, although not getting everything right as yet, but they have not had three years, and lets face never did vmk .

Hi Lisu, while I do respect your opinion (honestly) and agree with where you are coming from, something I believe what many are seeing is that VFK is trying to make a new VMK. (aka replacement)

In comparision, VFK is trying to do pretty much everything VMK did, just not getting it quite right.

I praise VFK for being a home-made game.. but I think it's a fair comparison to compare VFK's beta with another (similar) game's beta.

Hi

I will give you that lisu, but the fact is, vfk staked its entire existance on being like vmk

if vfk would like to stop being compared to vmk the answer is stop being like vmk.

Just for the record I see lots wrong, but complaining about it does not change what it is right now. Still not even beta quality. But I guess I just choose to enjoy what I can. And when I get bored I go off to other games that I am enjoying. Like small worlds.

It is what it is. Though I do hope it gets a ton better. If it stays this way I too will be jumping ship.

Do I believe their time lines no. So when they do not happen I am in no way upset. Do I belief there goals. Nope. So again nothing to get upset with. Do I like that they can not meet them. No and it does not bode well for the future. But for right now I do not sweat the small things. There is so much more to be worried about in this world. Than if VFK is going to work.

Why am I not joining in the posts venting their frustrations. No point.

Whatever will happen will happen so I learned to never put all my eggs in one basket. Unfortunately I did not follow this advice with VMK.

So I have my hand in a few games. If dis boards decided to close this thread again would not bother me. Would be sad but it is just a game. Right now no where close to a community since most players we can not even find.

I am not a VFK cheerleader. I am still still on the fence. Am I thrilled with VFK no way.

Am I enjoying the bird game yes. And feeling pretty proud this old brain is learning new things.

Will this game get its act together have no idea does not look promising. But until then I will enjoy what I can.

Just for the record I see lots wrong, but complaining about it does not change what it is right now. Still not even beta quality. But I guess I just choose to enjoy what I can. And when I get bored I go off to other games that I am enjoying. Like small worlds.

It is what it is. Though I do hope it gets a ton better. If it stays this way I too will be jumping ship.

Do I believe their time lines no. So when they do not happen I am in no way upset. Do I belief there goals. Nope. So again nothing to get upset with. Do I like that they can not meet them. No and it does not bode well for the future. But for right now I do not sweat the small things. There is so much more to be worried about in this world. Than if VFK is going to work.

Why am I not joining in the posts venting their frustrations. No point.

Whatever will happen will happen so I learned to never put all my eggs in one basket. Unfortunately I did not follow this advice with VMK.

So I have my hand in a few games. If dis boards decided to close this thread again would not bother me. Would be sad but it is just a game. Right now no where close to a community since most players we can not even find.

I am not a VFK cheerleader. I am still still on the fence. Am I thrilled with VFK no way.

Am I enjoying the bird game yes. And feeling pretty proud this old brain is learning new things.

Will this game get its act together have no idea does not look promising. But until then I will enjoy what I can.

Belle you know i <3 you ;)

My point was, this thread has always had trouble because there is no balance.

I am budding out again honest ROFL. I only jumped back in because of the comment about people leaving this thread for the negativity. I know several people who also left it because of the failure to see anything wrong.

Thats all, I am a moderator, I cant let that kind of a statement go unchallenged. Going back to observe from a distance :rotfl:

VMK never had beach balls. They never dressers, dice, flower lights, and all of that. There are ALOT of differences between this and VMK.

Hi There!
Timing is everything...Since Aengus is observing from a distance, I’ll post . (hehe) :lmao:

Just a few of my opinions:
  • Is VFK perfect? No.
  • Do I wish VFK was further along in the development state? Yes.
  • Do I enjoy struggling to exit the rooms? No.
  • Do I like Audubon’s Wildlife Adventure more than Haunted Mansion? No.
  • Do I like Audubon’s Wildlife Adventure more than POTC? Yes. (I was a terrible pirate!)
  • Do I write VFK when I like or dislike something? Yes.
  • Do I write VFK with suggestions on how to improve? Yes.
  • Do I get a written reply? No. However, I feel the mail is read. A few days ago I had a technical log in issue using IE6. (Firefox would work, IE would not) I had this problem for a few days. I tried a few things on my own with no success. After learning a friend had the same problem, I wrote to VFK. Less than 24 hours, the issue was resolved.
  • Since VMK closed have I joined other online game(s) in addition to VFK? Yes.
  • Do I try to sign in to VFK every day, even if just for a half hour? Yes.
Now for the big question:
  • Why do I bother playing VFK? When I was really down and out about VMK closing, there was one place that gave me hope. It was the “potential” of a place called VFK. It gave me the hope that many of the friends I made in VMK would have a place to be together and hang out. The hope is what helped me get through some of the sadness in final weeks of VMK. Only time will tell if I will continue to play VFK. For now, I sign in for a few reasons. These reasons include friends, checking out the game, and also as a way to say thanks to VFK for giving me that priceless gift of hope when I needed it. If it turns out that all I ever get from VFK is the feeling “hope” back in April and May 2008, it is more than enough for me.

Some of my friends are registered and stop in VFK. Some choose not to play VFK and I see them in other online worlds or in forums like DisBoards. Unfortunately at this time there is no one place that we all call home together. For me, that is the saddest part of all.

So my friends, that is why this little reindeer watches birds.

As for my optimism (on any topic), I try to see the glass half full whenever possible. And no, it is not always possible, but I try.

:hug:

Belle you know i <3 you ;)

My point was, this thread has always had trouble because there is no balance.

I am budding out again honest ROFL. I only jumped back in because of the comment about people leaving this thread for the negativity. I know several people who also left it because of the failure to see anything wrong.

Thats all, I am a moderator, I cant let that kind of a statement go unchallenged. Going back to observe from a distance :rotfl:

And yes it has no balance. Maybe we can hope for that one day too :goodvibes

And yes I do understand you could not let it go unchallenged.

[*]Why do I bother playing VFK? When I was really down and out about VMK closing, there was one place that gave me hope. It was the “potential” of a place called VFK. It gave me the hope that many of the friends I made in VMK would have a place to be together and hang out. The hope is what helped me get through some of the sadness in final weeks of VMK. Only time will tell if I will continue to play VFK. For now, I sign in for a few reasons. These reasons include friends, checking out the game, and also as a way to say thanks to VFK for giving me that priceless gift of hope when I needed it. If it turns out that all I ever get from VFK is the feeling “hope” back in April and May 2008, it is more than enough for me.
[/LIST]

So my friends, that is why this little reindeer watches birds.

As for my optimism (on any topic), I try to see the glass half full whenever possible. And no, it is not always possible, but I try.

Thank you for that post. I could not put into words what you did. Yes it gave me hope too. It made the big black whole of VMK less painful as we laughed about the bugs. Made the transition to other games much easier.

Made the hope we might see some of our friends again who are not on Dis.
You wrote it beautifully thank you.

PS I like getting you messages in the game :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter